HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

A New Threat (Player Event!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:53 pm

*static*
Ugh.. Is this thing on? Hello? Ah fuck it. Hello wasteland! My name is R.O.A.C.H. CEO of Fusion Corp. Today im here to broadcast a quite interesting event. You see, back in my day I used to be a smoothskin just like you, a scientist even, working in an underground bunker to create a new and safer power armor, to be able to go into the most radioactive of places with no issues whatsoever. The armor, at first seemed to be working out perfectly. There was a radiation pit in the bunker, and I had constantly went into the pit and left with no issues or radioactivity. However, on the last test, the reactor in the suit failed. The suit basically exploded, melting me into the freak I am now... Banished to the outside forever... But thats behind me now. Now, I have to tell you what im here to say.

In the bunker, I wasnt alone. there was a company, long ago that built this bunker, called Arklite Tech. The company was created by a rich businessman before the war, and is still occupied to this day by the Arklite Tech. However, it has become more warrior-based, wearing advanced armors and participating in difficult training exercises. They believed they were the last remnants of humanity and had to be extrememly tough to survive the outside world, and now they're finally leaving their shelter. They believe everything on the outside is dead or gone mad with radiation, and will kill anything they see believing it to be unpure and deadly.

The Arklite Tech will be sending out multiple scouts soon, to check out the surrounding wasteland, and set up an outer base to "restart humanity" as they called it. The issue with this is anyone from the outside they see they will try to kill. These Arklite invaders will be heavily geared, with power armor more advanced than anything seen before. They are also using advanced weaponry, even more so than the Conglomerates. These people could be worse than the Conglomerates, disrupting the entire wasteland and potentially destroying everything we have worked so hard for. The whole wasteland must band together for this, to keep what little left of society we have left. This is Fusion Corp, signing out.
*static*

~Story written by Evilsweetblock/Mike Simms

--Rules of the event!--
1. This is a player based event, meaning that it will not be protected by admins. The loot is all funded by Mike Simms, and the loot from the event will be whatever the volunteers drop by dying.
2. Again since this is a player event, There will be no refunds on death or loss. If you die your items are at the mercy of other players. I will try to ask my volunteers and I to NOT loot any of the dead players, but I cannot control them.
3. This event is being fully funded by one person, so it might not be every day a thing will happen. I can guarantee there will be at least one T60 in the event.
4. If you die in the event, you must wait at least an hour before coming back to fight the event enemy again. This only applies to "Raid" type events, and a normal "Drop" (hunting a squad of 1-2 guys down who dont have a base) you can fight as much as you want, as long as it doesnt break nlr.
5. The Arklite scouts and soldiers will not go to big towns and other places with heavy population or foot travel.
6. Will be using robots in the event as well, If anyone dies thats not in the event due to the robots, I claim no responsibility. however I will contact admins into helping you get your stuff and also again stay in a place with low traffic to keep this from happening

The event will be going on for probably until February if not longer, and anyone can participate and in fact are welcomed to participate. However this event will be PvP based and if you do not want to join the event the volunteers will try to stay in places no one really goes to or is out of the way. We will never go near towns unless its for a peaceful thing such as progressing story, and if you want to keep updated without doing any of the fighting posts will be put here until the event is done with. I got an OK from Warren Dally as well, as long as everyone who participates agrees in the rules. if any other admins or someone has any questions feel free to ask/add me, and im willing to change some stuff up if needed.

Yes Coront, shower me with group invites! All over!11!:

#FreeMikeSimms:

Last edited by Evilsweetbl0ck on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed a rule)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:19 am

No tesla? KYS

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:47 pm

does anyone on the forums even still play decay, unironically?

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:41 pm

Hey everyone, this is Mike Simms calling in to report the first scouts being sent out. Some kinda helicopter carrying about 8 scouts went around and dropped them all around our location, one of them is actually getting pretty close. and this guy looks like hes pretty unequipped in something that resembles Mk. I armor. Lets go kick some ass before he can return to wherever the hell he came from. If you're wondering about me, Im out and about looking for their bunker. See you out in the field, best of luck against this guy. And remember, shoot first, he'll do the same thing to you.

Edit: Also fuck all of you guys just let me have this moment of arpee and shit

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:52 pm

Evilsweetbl0ck wrote:

Edit: Also fuck all of you guys just let me have this moment of arpee and shit

k sorry

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Right, I just got called in by Roach, we got the scout down. Good work! I heard it only took two of you down, heh, was expecting the worst. Anyhow, ROACH is working on some research and trying to find out what the fuck is next in line. Dont be feeling so safe yet, More will be on the way sooner or later, once this scout doesnt report in.

OOC: A lot of people aren't understanding the purpose of this event, which is to pvp with another player and have a high risk high reward game of cat and mouse. Since this was the first time I understand some people didnt really understand what was going on, but just to clarify, you are supposed to kill the arklite on site. This time I was really lenient and let some people get close and talk to me to try to understand what was going on but yeah, in the future reference unless ROACH says that the situation can be defused in an RP manner, assume its going to be KoS. Thanks for participating and I hop you enjoyed the first day. Also, there might be one or two more drops today so be prepared for that.

Edit - I feel like adding, whenever you see any Arklite person, feel free to attack them. Unless im building a base for a special part of the event, its really just KoS

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:17 pm

I came home from Montana just in time to warn everyone of a very unfortunate turn of events.. The Arklite are getting more restless and sending out squads to deal with the nearby settlements. After going and talking to some locals I learned that quite a few nearby settlements and raider camps have been wiped out by these people, and their sphere of influence just barely reached us. They sent out a squad of three heavily armored soldiers to wipe out our settlement but luckily we fought em off. Good job to everyone there! Now, to bring in some news, I spotted some scouts coming in our way, quite a few, and in better gear as well. These guys seem to mean business now. I actually ran into one such scout and barely made it out alive, but two of the three didnt, and the last one was hurt. Hes probably seeking shelter in the nearby vicinity, it would be good to lure him out and interrogate him on whats going to happen next.

Thats it for day two folks, we had a really big fight and thanks to everyone who participated, you all rock. As always there will be scouts at random intervals to fight, but now they might be in better gear or even in squads of 2-4 now! Be careful, the storm is yet to come.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:42 am

No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quakeifle

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:52 pm

Sadly iv been banned for Fri,Sat sorry wont be there to kill ya! I hope everyone one happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:56 am

Little Update: Sorry wasn't on for Saturday, was doing family stuff.

Anyhow, ever since this event came up, it was supposed to have two separate endings depending on the way players acted in it, and now just letting everyone know Im actually going to keep track of that with a "Threat/Peace" counter. No one will get to see these counters but me, but I think they're pretty self-explanatory. These counters will only be affected by the bigger events, so continuing to group up and murder innocent Surveyors wont have any impact on said counters. However some events can only be resolved in a tick to the Threat counter or no tick at all, and the ticks on the threat will determine how big and spooky the drops will be.

Thx for putting up with my bullshit event xddd

#FreeMikeSimms:

Last edited by Evilsweetbl0ck on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed de punctuation (also cant spell help))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Quick update to the event here guys, somebody fucked me out of my X-01, and im pretty pissed about that. Gonna cancel/postpone the event until further notice, sorry to cut it short with no ending guys.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:06 pm

Sorry to DP, and necro this, but I feel its easier to post here than make a whole new thread. Basically, even though i've been banned a few times, im planning to continue this event, as well as host many others. More likely than not im going to be "Quitting" the actual gamemode, by no longer baiting or playing for RP but just to host my shitty events lol. Still might get on to dick around every once in a while but most of my time on will be doing these events. Also, this is turning into a suggestion thread now as well. If anyone has an event suggestion that I can do, remember im not an admin and have very little admin support in this situation as well, free free to post it here. Good luck to all of you, and i hope to bring some PvP back to the wasteland lol Razz

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: A New Threat (Player Event!)   Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:39 am

+1 lets do the event. cant wait for someone to OPPOSE INNOCENT ROLEPLAY (!)
dumb pvp focused niggers will try to destroy this, WE MUST PRESERVE THIS GAMEPLAY
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A New Threat (Player Event!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1