HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Sever shutdown after midnight? EST

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spirit

PostSubject: Sever shutdown after midnight? EST   Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:50 am

I've been noticing the server has been down around 12-6 am EST the past few days. Was this always a normal thing? I wouldn't be surprised since it's usually less than 6-10 people around then. But it seemed up 24/7 the last time I was this active(which was many months ago). I work the night shift nowadays so I tend to be up and wanting to get on around that time, that's why I ask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spirit

PostSubject: Re: Sever shutdown after midnight? EST   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:58 pm

I see it's still down so I'm guessing it ends up crashing and nobody is around to boot it back up? Or maybe some technicaly fixes/issues? Like I said I've been away from the server, hell gmod in general, for a long time so I'm not familiar with the usual events anymore.

nico13x

PostSubject: Re: Sever shutdown after midnight? EST   Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Spirit, I am pretty sure that the server restarts now and every then. Or atleast once a day. However, if it crashes and doesnt come back up, im pretty sure a player crashed the server. Every single time someone crashes the server, it doesnt really come back up untill a super admin fixes it.

~Firescale

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
spirit

PostSubject: Re: Sever shutdown after midnight? EST   Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Ya I figured that a possibility but the past few nights I've been watching, it was for hours until I just stopped checking. And currently I haven't seen it up since around 2 am last night(again EST). I figured maybe Bizz is doing something with it, I think I saw him on gmod today.

bubba112200

PostSubject: Re: Sever shutdown after midnight? EST   Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Bizzclaw is not doing too much expansion on Decay. He is focusing most of his time on the new server/game mode he is creating. I personally don't see the server go down in the evening as I, as of recent, have been logging a lot of my hours in the evening. When the server crashes from non user means, it generally comes back up within 10 minutes time. If a user(s) managed to crash the server, Staff has to manually reboot the server. If you notice the server is down for more than 30 minutes check the form/team speak for anything related to the server. If you find nothing, contact a staff member and they should be able to forward the message to someone able to fix the server.

PostSubject: Re: Sever shutdown after midnight? EST   Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Alright thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to get the word out next time I see it down. I also can't wait for that new server, it's really piqued my interest.

Sever shutdown after midnight? EST
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1