An Announcement. (April Fools)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:11 pm

It's an April fools joke guys, come on

Hey everyone.

We've mostly been keeping this under tight wraps, but the time has come to let the news break. I'm sad to announce that about a week ago we decided to halt all production on the Resurgence gamemode and one week from now we will be closing Fallout:Decay for good.

I loved my three years of time on the server and hosting all of those events with our fellow current and former staff members. It's certainly a part of my life that I'm going to miss. I originally joined in June of 2014 when the server still didn't have fallout models or guns. We didn't even follow the fallout lore either, we had our own which can be seen on the wiki page. Just about the only thing fallout related on there was the fallout mobs. That's just how things were for awhile. If you ask me, we were better off just like that,
Around October of that same year I became a moderator without placing an application because of my many contributions to helping find exploits on the server. I was a moderator for about four to five months until I became an admin in February or March 2015 when I was promoted to admin, and then promoted to CSC a week later because I was the only person on the staff team willing to do any forum work. I enjoyed it, and that's why eventually down the road when Ameno left and handed in his Founder rank (It was supposed to be temporarily at the time) I was promoted to Owner in his place. Upon this happening, I was also given unofficial titles of staff manager and forum manager because nobody else really bothered to do responsibilities that those ranks entailed. I demoted old staff that were inactive and didn't do anything and got new people to replace them. I'd say that I did a pretty good job.

Many things have transpired since then. Entire playerbases have cycled by. Two entire staff teams have came and went. But sadly we have to put an end to it.

We've run into high server costs and low donation incomes, and simply cannot afford to host a server for anything anymore. Even if we somehow gather enough money to continue funding it, we've decided it's for the best that we just don't continue development on any Garry's Mod-related content and switch our focus to something else. Something far better.

Bizzclaw has decided that moving forward, we will direct our focus towards becoming a Left 4 Dead modding forum community.

Bizzclaw has figured out that his true passion is not for fallout-related Garrysmod content, but instead Left 4 Dead modding. He has actually already created some that you can check out on his workshop here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=506916061
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=506893808

He's also decided that he'll be releasing the Resurgence and Fallout:Decay source code. They'll be released publicly on the workshop later this week after he's done removing some systems that will be going on scriptfodder as purchasable code so he can make some extra cash.

Feel free to leave suggestions as to what mods he should make for Left 4 Dead 2. He'll be needing them!

The Left 4 Dead 2 modding forum has been made and can be found here: http://www.frostburnt.com/c10-left-4-dead-2

Last edited by Coront on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Circle
2015 Halloween Profile Pic Contest Winner

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:30 pm

Woo Boy, it's been a fun ride everyone. I am hopeful for the future, and I hope people don't hate on anyone involved in this decision. I'll still be here though bounce (even with my inactiveness during the week)

Triarius
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:51 pm

It really pains me to see this server go. I've only been here for not even a year, which is far less than some of the other people who are still around. I started this game I think during the Summer of 2016 with a bad group who has been Perma'd for a while now. As far as I know, I was the only somewhat decent person from the group whom everyone didn't hate. I started playing this game every day since I found out about it and it has been a part of my life since. I've befriended people from the "good" side of the server and I've also made friends with some from the "bad" side of the server. I have memories that I won't forget from many of the players on here, and I wanted to say thank you to all of those who have been with me along the ride of the server. I don't know what I'll really do now that the server is shutting down.. I guess I'll need to play some more League or H1 and make new friends. I hope those of my friends will still keep in contact with me ;D

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:28 am

Fuck you, I did not realise that this was an april fools joke. You made me happy that resurgence was put on halt for no reason and panic for decay. Fuck you, decay is my bae.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:30 am

Oh god I didn't even realize what day it was.

Be assured, this isn't an april fool's joke. Enjoy the final time you have on Decay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:31 am

Is this a ploy to get decay to be full again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:32 am

I wish
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EliasBurning
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:03 am

Coront has the best jokes guys, remember? Here's an example

"Elias I found evidence of you abusing your admin powers in the logs, you're getting demoted"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triarius
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:31 am

{Accepted} After evaluation, we have determined the best of RP, Merchant, and PvP factions.
Corgi Inc Supply Company = Best RPers
Golden Cross = Best Merchants
New Roman Empire = Best PvPers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:55 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x
Ban

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Yes, it is sad to see a very fun server go. I've made many friends through out my time on Fallout Decay, and going from Underworlders, Bedford, Atlas, then my own faction, since 2015, was a good run. But however, has anyone ever thought of this being the biggest Frostburnt Foundation meme? I mean as in this being an April Fools. That makes it hard to believe if it is going to be the end or not.

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
nico13x
Ban

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:48 pm

In my opinion, Resurgence looks gay, the pvp is bad, same with the looting.
I'd rather keep Decay than Resurgence.

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:26 pm

I am really hoping that this is a joke.....if not well, I had fun playing this gamemode before the introduction of Fallout.
I loved playing this gamemode with anyone that was on it and even made quite a huge amount of friends on here. I know I don't get on a whole lot, I just get on whenever I feel like playing it and when I did, I had a blast. I had great time meeting everyone and seeing what stories they had for their characters and factions. Also setting up a house somewhere so people can find me, rest, and talk for a while.
Great times I had on this server and was looking forward to playing Resurgence when it was done.

If this is going to be shut down, will I hope you all had much fun on this server as I did.

Edit: Felt like posting this anyways, Frostburnt is the first gamemode I played and I always wanted to say this if it died somehow. I knew it was an April Fools joke because it was posted on April 1st.  lol!  By the way: Nice work James! Can't wait!

Mathew -Lone Scout

Last edited by mathew95597 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheVokak
Ban

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:51 pm

I honestly never thought I'd see the day. Frostburnt as been going strong for five years at this point, and I started four years ago. Of course I got banned a lot then came the false pedophile accusations that changed my life, but who cares. Frostburnt was a place that ran amuck with all sorts of people, but hey, doesn't really matter now. If someone decides to open up a new Fallout:Decay server with the source code, I wish them luck. If this is an April Fools joke, thanks for reporting me to the police for no reason, it honestly changed my life for the better.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:30 pm

It is an April fools joke, and you're welcome.

I'm still working on Resurgence, don't worry (sorry to all of you nay sayers, but thanks for further motivating me.)
Just haven't been working too much on code lately, been porting and mapping a lot.

Note: Temporary Lighting

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
bubba112200

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:53 pm

Noice... Now I won't have an epileptic fit from turning on my flashlight.

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:16 am

Bizzclaw wrote:

I'm still working on Resurgence, don't worry (sorry to all of you neigh sayers, but thanks for further motivating me.)
Just haven't been working too much on code lately, been porting and mapping a lot.

Fuck you, I was so happy, you cunt.
It's left 4 dead or nothing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaveyWavey

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:24 am

Shit, I already drank the bleach. Oh well, rip. See you all in meme hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.com
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:59 am

Damn dood.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:

I'm still working on Resurgence, don't worry (sorry to all of you nay sayers, but thanks for further motivating me.)

To be fair though, the looting system in resurgence is pretty bland and unintuitive once you discover where every lootable container on the map is at. It then turns into just going around the map in a circle to farm the containers. While PNRP's looting IS just hitting use over and over again on an opject until it disappears while the same dozen different items pop out of it, as a player you don't exactly know where a lootable object is going to spawn next.

You can smash some stuff up yeah for scrap or whatever but unless you added or will add a tool specifically to break stuff faster than six minutes of solid thwacking, or added more than just scrap metal  to that drop table then I'm personally still gonna prefer the PNRP looting.

TL;DR the static nature of the lootable containers in Resurgence makes them less interesting to me than the randomly spawning resource nodes in PNRP. They could be a bit more dynamic if you haven't already something to address this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:53 pm

I really agree with this idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:27 pm

I personally kinda wanna fight special champion mobs that are recommended to kill in groups of at least 2-3 people that spawn a 5 minute lasting chest of better than normal loot. pie in the sky stuff like that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement. (April Fools)   Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:09 am

Please keep suggestions/feedback for resurgence in the relevant places, I have the highest chance to see it if you put it on the steam group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

An Announcement. (April Fools)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1