HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.   Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:44 am

GhostlyGhoul wrote:
LejonSnax wrote:
GhostlyGhoul wrote:
we should have some safe zones on the map where noobs can come talk to more experienced players and learn stuff, or scavenge with ease without the fear of dying or being baited. And you could pit them against radroaches and geckos to teach them combat.

because fighting a rad roach and gecko is gonna yield so much combat/PVP experience.
Also a safezone?, Wouldn't work out really for the simple fact of "abuse"
The radroaches were used as an example, of course i dont want noobs to fight radroaches as they dont learn from battling something with 50 health.
And on the topic of safe zones, we could have staff monitor them to make sure that they aren't abused, and give a time limit for how long a certain noob has been on. So for example little jimmy has his first day of decay, and he's noobish, he calls fro help by @ chat, they take him to safe zone A, he learns from his time, then at a certain time of playing, lets use 2 weeks for example, he gets thrown back into normal wasteland.

1. The staff is almost never on unless it's for events or to solve a specific admin sit.
2. Safe zones don't sound like a good idea because the noobs won't learn shit from being sugarcoated their first days/weeks on the server, people learn from their mistakes and that's how it should be.

Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.   Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:21 am

Staff are on almost at all times every day recently, but yea safezones would require content and would just be silly. I'm working on getting a vote together to produce a rank for new players that would be protected in a certain faction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.   Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:29 am

Quote :

1. The staff is almost never on unless it's for events or to solve a specific admin sit.
2. Safe zones don't sound like a good idea because the noobs won't learn shit from being sugarcoated their first days/weeks on the server, people learn from their mistakes and that's how it should be.

Well the staff are on a lot including me. Sure maybe not a lot during weekdays but I still get on when I get a chance and so does some other staff members. My issue is school lol its kind of stressful so I try to balance out my days on the server and school work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.   Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Warandally wrote:
Staff are on almost at all times every day recently, but yea safezones would require content and would just be silly. I'm working on getting a vote together to produce a rank for new players that would be protected in a certain faction.
that'd work as well.

Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.   Thu May 04, 2017 4:09 am

I would like to make broken armor appear in cases instead of outside the case xDeee plz make it hapen rite naow halp halp

ManlyTears
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.   Thu May 04, 2017 6:34 am

It says Rulewise not niggerwise you fucking swedish meatball anomaly looking ass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.   Thu May 04, 2017 2:44 pm

>Safe zones
Not going to happen because remember this
>Bizzclaw doesn't want to touch Decay anymore at all whatsoever unless it involves game breaking glitches
>Noob faction
Everyone and their grandmas are going to make alt accounts to join it just to get freebies to transfer to their main account like it happened with the NCR faction. This is a really bad idea. Been there, done that.
>Timer to count how much time you have played on the server
not happening since, for one, it'd be VERY difficult to count exactly how much time we've played on the server since we had
>A server host change in the past
>A server reset in the past
>We've been at this game for nearly 7 years

call me a negative nancy but honestly, the only thing we could potentially do is increasing the ban length on bad baiting

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.   Thu May 04, 2017 2:46 pm

Am I the only one who reads rulewise like what the hell, am I blind
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.   Fri May 05, 2017 8:34 am

The NCR faction would not only be for new players. Items would have to be earned as well, there will be no standard load outs. The idea is for new players to have protection for a few days by having a rank in the NCR that protects them and is placed in the rules for it to be known. If people want to transfer things then so be it, it will have been earned anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bubba112200

PostSubject: Re: The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.   Fri May 05, 2017 3:47 pm

You should be allowed to just say raid, stay back, case clamed, ect in voice chat if you are recording. If you are not recording, it's fail raid, rds, ect.

PostSubject: Re: The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.   Sat May 06, 2017 12:09 am

Add a rule that says you cant steal other peoples "Advanced Dupes".

Example: Leon Price has BoS base, he disconnects, some noob runs up and copy it.

The #1 change you would like in the server rulewise.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2