27%
 27% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: New Punishment System.   Tue May 30, 2017 6:08 pm

Here at Frostburnt we have noticed a problem:
In our server there is a high percentage of people who would rather accept a ban rather than loose items. These players often break rules
repeatedly and find no issue in being banned when they break them. To combat this, we're adding a new punishment.

Introducing Strange and Unusual Punishment.

Super Admins and above now have the opportunity to decide alternative punishment that better suits each player. For example, If a player repeatedly flees combat by spawning a car, the admin may decide to permanently remove the players car.
We hope that this new tactic will prevent players from being willing to break rules multiple time.

This new strategy will be used sparingly, and to use it it requires the agreement of at least two super admins, CSC's, and or co-Owners. Super admins must also always get permission from at least one person of higher rank.

As an example, a CSC and Co-Owner could make a decision, Two CSC's, or Two Super Admins and One other higher ranked person.
These punishments can be appealed using the same format as the ban appeal, however these appeals will never be accepted unless it is found to be an unfair judgment which most likely won't happen.

For any question, please contact Brigadier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ameno-Sagiri
Ban

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Tue May 30, 2017 6:21 pm

I've only been doing this since the beginning of time.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Tue May 30, 2017 6:33 pm

Yes, this tends to work much better than bans for some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Tue May 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Good idea but the CSC, superadmin stuff is shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
synthesisP

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Tue May 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
STOPTHISFAGGOTRY

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Tue May 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Huh maybe i wont get permed a 3rd time again oh wait(Fuck you noodlers)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 12:03 am

Or you know, you could just Permaban repeat unrepentant offenders and stop unbanning them because:

oh gee i dont see why not its been a few months they have probs learned their lesson+1

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 6:10 am

Exavolt wrote:
Or you know, you could just Permaban repeat unrepentant offenders and stop unbanning them because:

oh gee i dont see why not its been a few months they have probs learned their lesson+1

I agree with you on something. [Insert obligatory ghostbusters' reference here]

You know something's fucked up when the items in a game hold more value than actually being able to use them.

There's an insane power creep present in this gamemode, a uniquely disgusting one. It's not your run-of-the-mill drive of narcissistic hunger. I think one of the reasons is because there's people who fuel the power creep and those who use it to their advantage.

What I'm about to say is pure speculation (yeah totally):

NO PVPing PLAYERS WOULD PLAY THIS GAMEMODE IF ITEMS DIDN'T DROP.

We saw a huge upset when Bizz made the announcement that armors wouldn't be dropping anymore, so adjustments had to be made just to accommodate players who PVP for items. It's not an inherently bad thing to do this, it's what battle royale games are based around. However, the persistence and the value of items makes this especially bad.

It's not even like:

Guy kills player > picks up stuff > uses it to kill others

It's more like:

Guy kills player > picks up stuff > hordes it, while using more viable cheap gear

The items in this gamemode are far too expensive to support an semi-open PVP system, and I'm sick and tired of seeing futile attempts by staff members rewriting rules around faults in the game's balancing. You wouldn't tell a dude that got stolen from to change his attitude about it. You'd catch the damn robbers.

Two things need to happen either, PVP needs to be removed or items need to be cheaper. The latter obviously being the more sensible option.

To solidify my point, do you guys remember all of the report player threads when armor batteries were still a thing?

I sure don't.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 6:30 am

Opsan wrote:
Exavolt wrote:

You know something's fucked up when the items in a game hold more value than actually being able to use them.

There's an insane power creep present in this gamemode, a uniquely disgusting one. It's not your run-of-the-mill drive of narcissistic hunger. I think one of the reasons is because there's people who fuel the power creep and those who use it to their advantage.

We saw a huge upset when Bizz made the announcement that armors wouldn't be dropping anymore, so adjustments had to be made just to accommodate players who PVP for items. It's not an inherently bad thing to do this, it's what battle royale games are based around. However, the persistence and the value of items makes this especially bad.

It's not even like:

It's more like:

Guy kills player > picks up stuff > hordes it, while using more viable cheap gear

The items in this game mode are far too expensive to support a semi-open PVP system, and I'm sick and tired of seeing futile attempts by staff members rewriting rules around faults in the game's balancing. You wouldn't tell a dude that got stolen from to change his attitude about it. You'd catch the damn robbers.

Two things need to happen either, PVP needs to be removed or items need to be cheaper. The latter obviously being the more sensible option.

To solidify my point, do you guys remember all of the report player threads when armour batteries were still a thing?

I sure don't.

I'm +1ing this let's remove PVP and make items in game cheaper.... Actually, let's make items in game free so people don't have to work for them they just need to join the server for instant gear1!!!11@@222 Also lets make it so NPCs dont attack or fight back or even move at all so newer players can get that satisfaction of slaying a gecko or two..

Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 7:26 am

Shit I said:

LejonSnax wrote:
I'm +1ing this let's remove PVP and make items in game cheaper.... Actually, let's make items in game free so people don't have to work for them they just need to join the server for instant gear1!!!11@@222 Also lets make it so NPCs dont attack or fight back or even move at all so newer players can get that satisfaction of slaying a gecko or two..

Me wrote:
either

"I can't hear you down there, you seem to have slipped down that slope a bit too far!"

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 7:54 am

Yes, welcome to every PVP game that involves surviving Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 8:02 am

ManlyTears wrote:
Yes, welcome to every PVP game that involves surviving Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Yes, every good PVP game maintains 100% persistence for a long period of time. Just look at all of the weekly resetting Rust servers, and battle royale games that are objectively more popular than their long-term persistent counterparts!

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 8:06 am

Good detective!!!! Good boy!!! U opened ever y one eyes yessss!!!! No one knew bout it Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 8:10 am

ManlyTears wrote:
I'm pretending as if I understood the issue and am addressing it in a way that seeks to a subvert an already subversive post

Keep contributing! Smile)))))))))

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Last edited by Opsan on Wed May 31, 2017 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 8:10 am

Let me contribute:

You dont play the server and you are whining about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 8:31 am

ManlyTears wrote:
Let me contribute:

Probably because of all the problems with it? I've already up and accepted that the community is even more toxic now than ever, and am I upset about that? Damn right I am. I'm trying seek solvency for an issue that has been blatant for a while now. Do I want to take away PVP? Of course not, I even said it wasn't a sensible solution. Do I want to see this game get better? Yes.

You act as if I'm acting in selfishness or something. "Whining"? Really? Am I? It's the whining that I'm trying to find a remedy to. It's the countless player abuse reports, and dumb as shit admin sits that the staff have to endure that I want gone. Not the fucking PVP. Take the power creep bit with a grain of salt, every game has it. No games are perfect, but part of that power creep is item prices which at this point in time are WAY TOO HIGH.

Think again, back to armor batteries, yeah, they were less cool than the games current assortment of power armors, but they were cheap, effective and people were like "fuck it, I died. I'll accept that." Where did that mindset go? Wouldn't you like that back, the ability to raid and PVP and do all the stuff that made postnuke fun without the 200 hour long admin sits?

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 8:33 am

This is better, and yes, I would like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 12:48 pm

LejonSnax wrote:
Opsan wrote:
Exavolt wrote:

It's not even like:

It's more like:

The items in this game mode are far too expensive to support a semi-open PVP system, and I'm sick and tired of seeing futile attempts by staff members rewriting rules around faults in the game's balancing. You wouldn't tell a dude that got stolen from to change his attitude about it. You'd catch the damn robbers.

To solidify my point, do you guys remember all of the report player threads when armour batteries were still a thing?

I sure don't.

Too true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 2:54 pm

>Remington Raider spawns 5 feet away
>Aggro
>Drop car behind rock and drive away to not be killed for not wearing t-60 and being a wastelander at all times
>Car is kill by staff.

>Ass keeps trying to lead mobs to you
>drop car
>drive away
>RIP Car

>Conglo drop near you while scavenging
>drop car
>get out of dodge as UH 2 KUH bang whiz
>Did u reely think u were gonna git away
>r e m o v e d

>Drop car
>shoot far away conglo dog
>car is stole
>drop another car
>drive car
>*smacks lips*
>Ayo hol up

Can I get an answer as to WHY exactly is dropping your car to get away from combat a bad thing? When your items are precious and expensive and it's more viable to just run around most of the time with fucking badlands, a fedora, and a 10mm smg than any power armor and pulse LMG+sniper? Equipment that would cost a fortune to repair/replace if one of the server's many vultures find you dying?

I can't create a bunch of ballistic ammunition at a reasonable price that your average scrub can afford because someone like Joeseph will come, buy ALL of it, and put it in their vending machines for nearly double price. So I mostly just sell pulse/ECP ammunition at +2 each from craft cost and watermelon at 1 scrap a slice. Because I want people to ACTUALLY USE THE SHIT I SELL. I don't want some whale to come by and buy everything in my vending machine to hoard away in their locker/car/community chest. If I sell gunpowder, someone from like BOS or whatever will come and buy every jar because they defend their pretty much impenetrable bases with explosive weapons.

I wish pulse weapons didn't cost so god damn much to make so I could sell them more and people could actually afford them. For a while I would give people randomly a pulse weapon and not that much ammo so they'd buy more ammo from me and actually use the weapon, instead of like most people on the server, who simply collect higher grade equipment. I had 3 barrets. I sold two of them, and I think only one of the people I sold it to was actually planning on using it.

Manly, you're garbage and Opsan is right. The PvPers only play on this server to kill people for their armor and hoard it away to never use it. They literally say 'you're a moron if you use hardplates to fix armor, just sell them in your vendor and sell broken armor to people.'

Factions are formed solely to fuck with other players incessantly. (4th Reich is the most recent one I know of.) there's only new people on recently cos they're summerfags, and if they're met with a toxic garbage heap of a playerbase then I don't see them staying for very long.

And calling people 'detective' sarcastically like the biggest fucking faggot ever. I honestly cannot stand a large portion of the staff today. They'll ignore issues you have and you have to start yelling at them to get them to pay attention to you finally for the simplest things. I'm speaking about newer staff here. Older staff like Brig even though I will poke holes in his example of strange and unusual punishment, will actually address people's issues ingame within a reasonable amount of time. Other than ignoring issues and other shit, they'll repeatedly 'look into' (See: not do anything) something which has become kind of a fucking meme on the forum by now.
Niggitry:

Idiotic staff that can't read, attribute motive falsely based on the retarded opinions of people who weren't involved in the sit at all, and won't do anything about another 'staff' member when they're a big giant nigger pretending to be staff.

And these are just recent examples.

Last edited by Telly on Wed May 31, 2017 3:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 3:02 pm

The jew excuse
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efex03

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 3:30 pm

I totally disagree with staff decisions being virtually ALWAYS fair. Unless by fair, you mean to have the right to do and say whatever the hell they want. I also totally agree with Telly. Vague rules are a great source for shitty bans.

View user profile
Triarius
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 5:24 pm

Telly wrote:

Niggitry:

Idiotic staff that can't read, attribute motive falsely based on the retarded opinions of people who weren't involved in the sit at all, and won't do anything about another 'staff' member when they're a big giant nigger pretending to be staff.

- That post was purely a joke and neither Mr. Symbols/MooMoo were mad about it. Hell, both even thought that it was funny.
- Insulting staff and calling other players retarded doesn't make you look like a better person.
- IDK what you mean by "big giant nigger pretending to be staff" if you want a second opinion on sits that aren't ruled in your favor, then go ask for another staff member's opinion. I don't even know what I've done to you for you to be lashing out like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ameno-Sagiri
Ban

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 6:17 pm

LejonSnax wrote:

"I'M MENTALLY INEPT"

ManlyTears wrote:
Let me contribute:

When all else fails, discredit someone's valid observations and opinions.

"You don't write books, you can't judge if one's good or not!".
"You're not gay, why do you care if a fat gay indonesian dwarf living in the US wants to identify as a donkey, and wants YOU to pay the taxes to cover their operation into the transition of a hideous hoofed creature".

Here's an idea, and it's something I've been wanting to do for a very long time but haven't been able to, instead falling on admin shotgunning someone instead of banning or kicking them, which are both completely useless on this server. CERTAIN Admins should be able to yoink something out of someone's inventory, with logs of course, or maybe we could just do the next thing and subtract resources from a stockpile or player if we deem it valid. I'm sure rule breakers and people that dance around rules would absolutely love that. Remember by the way, Garry's Mod servers aren't obliged to be a democracy, servers that follow that to some degree do it out of principle, by all regards, a game server and its "staff" are usually more like a monarchy.

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 6:56 pm

Triarius wrote:
Telly wrote:

Niggitry:

- That post was purely a joke and neither Mr. Symbols/MooMoo were mad about it. Hell, both even thought that it was funny.
- Insulting staff and calling other players retarded doesn't make you look like a better person.
- IDK what you mean by "big giant nigger pretending to be staff" if you want a second opinion on sits that aren't ruled in your favor, then go ask for another staff member's opinion. I don't even know what I've done to you for you to be lashing out like this.

It wasn't to denigrate you, more Waran and Mike who's said that shit verbatim several times and didn't do anything.

Bruce was pretending to be staff/hardcore bad baiting and the claim I made on him was denied because 'he's not even staff doe ur just mad.'

Ameno-Sagiri wrote:
ManlyTears wrote:
Let me contribute:

When all else fails, discredit someone's valid observations and opinions.

Here's an idea, and it's something I've been wanting to do for a very long time but haven't been able to, instead falling on admin shotgunning someone instead of banning or kicking them, which are both completely useless on this server. CERTAIN Admins should be able to yoink something out of someone's inventory, with logs of course, or maybe we could just do the next thing and subtract resources from a stockpile or player if we deem it valid. I'm sure rule breakers and people that dance around rules would absolutely love that. Remember by the way, Garry's Mod servers aren't obliged to be a democracy, servers that follow that to some degree do it out of principle, by all regards, a game server and its "staff" are usually more like a monarchy.

Manly is a cuck.

I don't expect this to be a hardline democratic system, and my original post was more to poke holes in Brig's specific example then devolved into ranting. As if people fleeing combat via spawing their car is even an issue too. He worded it like shit and gave a bad example because how do you quantify 'spawning your car to flee combat' without being abusive? Most cars don't protect against gunfire unless it's the APC, and I don't remember someone spawning their APC and driving away from raiders or conglo over and over. Someone who owns an APC is generally shooting at the conglo with an incinerator.

Other than that, yes, actual punishments for problem players I agree with. You can destroy outdoor resource nodes with a vertibird by flying your vertibird into them. Someone, I dont know who the other day was doing that shit to resources me and a few other people scavenging about for a while. It was like clear they were deliberately flying into resource nodes near where people were scavenging to get them to explode. If they were doing that shit all day then yeah fuck them and their vertibird.

Trapping players in your car by dropping it on them would be another valid thing. Because I don't think you can even shoot your gun since it counts you as being close to a wall when you're stuck in a car.

Last edited by Telly on Wed May 31, 2017 7:21 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Punishment System.   Wed May 31, 2017 6:57 pm

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

New Punishment System.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next