HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:34 am

In-game Name: Charles Matthews/Hans-Jurgen Von Arnim

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:36930418

Have you donated: Yes.

Where are you from/time zone: EST, east coast.

How long have you played: I have played Fallout:Decay for roughly 3-4 years.

How did you hear about FF: I use to play on The Builders Union a lot, and one day my very close friend and I thought we would try out Frostburnt. This was when it was labeled "PostnukeRP"

How old are you: 15

Do you have a microphone: Yes.

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: I know Chacon, Brigadier General Bacon, Coront, WaranDally, Crucible, Elder Leon Price, Mike Nespo, Folding Freeman, Toxic, Kathrine, Korova, Elias, Kayla, Noodlers/Circles, Lupus, Policia, Ulysses, Gnomp, Ameno, ManlyTears.

Have you played on any of our other servers: I played on TTT back when it was up, and Aesop's minecraft server as well.

Have you ever been banned from one of our servers? If so, why?: I've been banned for 1 day before for RDMx1 because of a misunderstanding with a raid that I did on a building in town. I've also been banned WAY back in the day by Ameno for building a base that wasn't within the rules. I've been 7 day banned before because there was a huge misunderstanding, and I ended up killing 2 people, and it after a day of looking over it, the admins deemed it invalid. I have never been banned permanently.

Why you wish to be Moderator: With all the time that I've invested in the server, I want to do more, and be able to help out. There is more than to just playing the server and following the rules. Recently, I've gotten a strong grasp of the current rules, and I would like to help make sure they're enforced rather than just following them myself.

What can you offer for us as a Moderator: The server just reset, therefore I will be on a lot more. You can expect lots of play time from me. I know I had a tendency before to take long breaks, but that was because there wasn't much for me to do anymore. Sometimes it is hard to not be bias, but I will not be bias. I already know how it feels to be in a sit where the admin is totally favoring one side, I would not put someone through that. Like I said before, I have confidence that I know the current rules very well, and I will begin checking them much more for any updates. I try to be as patient as I possibly can, so in sits you can expect me never to jump to conclusions or cut someone short. If someone is clearly doing something wrong, and trying to hide it, or just doing something wrong in general, and I see it, I will make sure to deliver the proper punishment, or correct/warn the person. I am experienced in PVP, and I have been in many admin sits regarding raids, stealing, player vs player scenarios overall. Therefore I will know what I'm doing in most situations, and I will have a grasp of where both sides stand in many of those situations. Another big thing that you can expect from me, is that I will always ask a superior about something I am not sure of before I take action. Overall, I will try to always do my absolute best. I will also willingly accept criticism from other staff regarding me being moderator, and how I'm doing my job.

Anything else you want to add: Hopefully everyone could agree to give me a chance as moderator. I know that people consider me a 'baiter' because I like PVP, but maybe they all can see through that and understand that I'm not just some random baiter who makes people's playtime miserable, because that is really not who I am. We each enjoy the game mode in a different way, my favorite way is to engage in combat with other players. This won't get in the way of me actually helping out in the server as staff. I don't pvp with the intent of purposely ruining people's time on the server.
Once again, I hope everyone could consider giving me a shot at this. Very Happy

Last edited by Anchorman on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:42 am

+1 The server could really use some more staff members from the other end of the "spectrum" so to say.

TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:50 am

Back when I was new when I died and he got my stuff, I got really sad and asked if I could have my stuff back, and I guess he felt for me and gave me Panzer and some other good items(more than I originally lost). So while I disagree there are already enough staff members from the "other end of the spectrum", he seems to be a good guy deep down.
+1

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:46 am

+1 recently met him after reset. Seems like a very mature guy that really understands the server and is a veteran. Also (to the comments above) the 'spectrum' shouldn't be relevant at all in my opinion, the ability to understand right from wrong in the rules and ethically should be what determines staff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow"Edgelord"Markov

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:15 am

+1

is not completely fucking acoustic

Seriousness: Veteran player who has loads of time in the community, knows the rules, and is pretty neato burrito

nico13x
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:23 am

+1
would actually be the best mod Wink

all seriousness though, he would actually be a perfect fit for the staff team.

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:33 am

+1
He would do a great job. I have no doubt that he knows and understands the rules. Has been nothing but polite to staff members from what I've seen. He's a vet who is in touch with the community. Give him a chance. (Yes, if a vote happens on this I vote yes)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:58 am

+1
I've known him for 5 years now and I can tell you he has never once broken a rule on purpose. He's grown up a lot in the last several years and I think he is ready for this opportunity. Hes has good intentions and knows the rules. He also know to ask for help if hes unsure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triarius
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:28 am

+1 I don't usually put my actual input on things that happen in the forums, but Anchorman has been around for much longer than me, he knows the rules, and I know that his intentions are good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:53 am

I gotta be the one that says -1 since you didnt put my up as a staff that you know...

Jokes aside, I thought you were older, but I think you are prepared +1

EDIT: That's better Smug Rock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:21 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Seems like its gotten reasonably enough staff approval.
Accepted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EliasBurning
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:10 pm

I TOLD BRIG TO UNLOCK IT SO I COULD +1
GOOD JOB
VERY GOOD
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Accepted]Moderator Application: Anchorman™
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1