PostSubject: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:18 am

Server: Fallout Decay, RP.

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:9091788

Your RP Name: Ethereal

Date of incident: 06/12/17

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): Around 6-7:00 PM

Time Zone: Central

Length of Ban: 1 Week

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: On the day of the incident, a couple of friends and I had recently started a new community. While I was out scavenging I claimed a barrel from a member of Imperium of Sparta. Within a 5 minute time period they found our base which we were all in, lockpicked in and killed me and ten my friends (due to the witness system). Originally, I had run back to the scene just to watch what was happening. At the time, I had not known that everyone except for one person had died. So when I ran back and saw there was still combat, I didn't know if seeing other community members murder my friends was a just enough reason to join the fight. And, I was also getting screamed at over discord to help. Thinking back on the situation I know the way I went about it was very bad and just created a whole clusterfuck. I now realize that I shouldn't have done anything and just should have watched if anything. Even though I have read the rules before, after my ban I took another read through them. I know my ban was justified and am willing to accept the consequences. But, I just wanted to make a ban appeal to see if there was any way to get my ban shortened, if not removed.

Thank you for taking your time to read this
                                                                  ~Ethereal

-I would also like to state that even though I did break NLR, and have attempted RDM. I did not return a second time and was banned for the reason of NLRx2/Attempted RDM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:24 am

Dehx wrote:
And, I was also getting screamed at over discord to help.
Think that might be metagaming, not too sure.
Question, did the Imperium member call raid, if not, then that's a false raid.

Dehx

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:26 am

No they didn't call raid

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:28 am

If they didnt, then it's easy to say that your ban is false as you cant have NLR'ed in a false raid, or attempted to RDM in a false raid. But the staff might need proof, i suggest finding the chat logs or something

Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:50 am

I'm going to say what a lot of staff are thinking, and it's an issue that NEEDS to be discussed and addressed: Baiting, Extreme PvP, and general communities like Sparta and the people in said community sort of run rampant, the baiting rules are being discussed for revision already.

I personally feel that a lot of details were probably left out of this, and yeah Metagaming is wrong, but still, it's not the rules being broken here that bother me, it's more-or-less the morals behind you and your faction getting absolutely fucked because you scavenged from a claimed barrel. Like... What the fuck is that??? SERIOUSLY, WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. THAT????
EDIT:[Accepted/Approved]Ban Removed,ban details will be discussed amongst staff.

Last edited by Gnomp on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dehx

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:53 am

Gnomp wrote:
I'm going to say what a lot of staff are thinking, and it's an issue that NEEDS to be discussed and addressed: Baiting, Extreme PvP, and general communities like Sparta and the people in said community sort of run rampant, the baiting rules are being discussed for revision already.

I personally feel that a lot of details were probably left out of this, and yeah Metagaming is wrong, but still, it's not the rules being broken here that bother me, it's more-or-less the morals behind you and your faction getting absolutely fucked because you scavenged from a claimed barrel. Like... What the fuck is that??? SERIOUSLY, WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. THAT????

Oh no, we claimed a barrel and they ran off, then over to our base while we were sorting things out and broke in without saying raid and killed us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:09 am

Gnomp wrote:

EDIT:[Accepted/Approved]Ban Removed,ban details will be discussed amongst staff.
I agree, and if possible, i'd like to extend my hand and help revise the rules.

Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:28 am

You claimed a chemical barrel while I was on it. I drove away because I only had a glock equipped at the time and then I came back and killed 2 of you when one of you opened the door to the house you guys were in. Then 2 of the guys that were with me outside came in and killed the rest. Then you came back after you all had died and 2 of you tried to kill us. You had a sako when you came back and Ling Ling had a motra. Both of these things were in the damage logs. Your ban was a 7 day. I shortened it to a 4 day ban, then the other staff told me to keep it at 7 because of how you'd been harassing people constantly over steam all day. Not only that, but then in a sit before this one you were sitting there yelling at the administrators trying to solve the whole thing. I shortened the other guy who I gave 7 day ban, Ling Ling. His is a 4 day. The only reason why I banned you for 7 days is because I was talking to an owner at the time this all happened they told me to give you a week ban.

The whole situation here is that if you want to scavenge....THEN SCAVENGE! But, if theres a chemical barrel and you have 3 of your guys on it with you and you're confident enough to claim it then you should be expecting to be killed within 5 minutes of you claiming the barrel. Is that not how it is? Once someone gives you a reason to attack them you get 5 minutes to make an attempt to kill them. If you fail to eliminate them within that 5 minutes, then you can place a hit on the person. The hitman then has 30 minutes to kill the person.

The only reason why their whole faction died is because of the witness system. When you kill one of them around all the other ones, they all need to die. If they don't all die than an act of war is generated. Imperium of Sparta are not the first to 'bait' in this case it wasn't even baiting. Your the ones who claimed the barrel, not us. Not to mention the constant harassment we'd been receiving off of steam from you constantly all day saying you could "Take us" and insulting Larhee constantly..

Dehx

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:51 am

Anchorman wrote:
You claimed a chemical barrel while I was on it. I drove away because I only had a glock equipped at the time and then I came back and killed 2 of you when one of you opened the door to the house you guys were in. Then 2 of the guys that were with me outside came in and killed the rest. Then you came back after you all had died and 2 of you tried to kill us. You had a sako when you came back and Ling Ling had a motra. Both of these things were in the damage logs. Your ban was a 7 day. I shortened it to a 4 day ban, then the other staff told me to keep it at 7 because of how you'd been harassing people constantly over steam all day. Not only that, but then in a sit before this one you were sitting there yelling at the administrators trying to solve the whole thing. I shortened the other guy who I gave 7 day ban, Ling Ling. His is a 4 day. The only reason why I banned you for 7 days is because I was talking to an owner at the time this all happened they told me to give you a week ban.

The whole situation here is that if you want to scavenge....THEN SCAVENGE! But, if theres a chemical barrel and you have 3 of your guys on it with you and you're confident enough to claim it then you should be expecting to be killed within 5 minutes of you claiming the barrel. Is that not how it is? Once someone gives you a reason to attack them you get 5 minutes to make an attempt to kill them. If you fail to eliminate them within that 5 minutes, then you can place a hit on the person. The hitman then has 30 minutes to kill the person.

The only reason why their whole faction died is because of the witness system. When you kill one of them around all the other ones, they all need to die. If they don't all die than an act of war is generated. Imperium of Sparta are not the first to 'bait' in this case it wasn't even baiting. Your the ones who claimed the barrel, not us. Not to mention the constant harassment we'd been receiving off of steam from you constantly all day saying you could "Take us" and insulting Larhee constantly..

I was not insulting Larhee constantly, When I originally added him, i'll agree I was. But I had calmed down because I was heated at the time. But I never recall talking directly to you or the other imperium members. None of us went NEAR that door because we were all in discord sorting shit out and trading resources. You talk about you guys not baiting us al day but you circle us and try to bait us into hitting you or purposely come over to a barrel we're using and just try to bait a claim out of us. Dazai was trying to kill a Yao Guai and you guys started to stand in between them to try and get him to accidentally kill him and get some combat out of it. Larhee had been baiting me for 2 hours STRAIGHT. To get us to raid one of your allies, he even gave me a keypad cracker to do it. If you guys are so bored that you want combat that bad then go play a different game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ailnoth

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:04 am

Exactly as Ethereal has said about the baiting, it seems that's the only word Imperium knows in their vocabulary is to bait and ruin the experience for other players especially brand new people, I was on my alt named Dazai hitting geckos and Yao Guai and you running over to every single one I'm hitting trying on purpose to stand in front of me so you get hit by my super sledge and then have a reason to kill me, what I find is actually sad that some of you are staff members doing this shit, staff members care for the community but what you guys are doing is driving away new players and old by just being blatant fucking assholes. Excuse my language there but it is the truth, all you guys do is bait, from standing in front of people while they're trying to do something, to just following them and claiming everything they try to scavenge, to even calling them names such as "retarded monkey" to provoke them to do something, do you know how pathetic that is? we're all supposed to be grownups here and you're just going around doing shit like that, no wonder why most of the people on the server dislike imperium of sparta. Furthermore, what I think is truly baffling is the fact that you have the audacity to say that Ethereal was harrassing you yet baiting certain people like that and doing what you're doing is basically a different form of harrasment. Seriously dissapointed in all of you and your abilities to act like mature adults, also begging someone to raid one of your allies? if you're desperate for combat go play CS:GO or something that is straight PvP, I mean hell there is a Decay PVP server for crying out loud, go to that if you're desperate, or you could always you know, get rid of your allyship with them if you want to raid them so bad? Oh wait no that's right from what Larhee said "they have too many people we don't want on their bad side" so you're basically afraid of raiding someone because of numbers, yet you beg a random new community to do it for you? fucking pathetic.

INTJ-A.

Graphic Designer/Storyboardist.

Character on profile my OC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:21 am

By the way Dehx, using Discord or Skype or any ts3 server that isn't the Offical Frostburnt Foundation teamspeak while using it to convey information about whats happening ingame. (Lets say I murdered one of you validly and then you told your friends and they come over and kill me. That would be meta as you aren't using the Frostburnt Teamspeak or ingame chat.) Is considered Metagaming from what I've been told by Coront.

http://www.frostburnt.com/t3643-caramelldansen-is-our-savoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:37 am

Noodlers wrote:
By the way Dehx, using Discord or Skype or any ts3 server that isn't the Offical Frostburnt Foundation teamspeak while using it to convey information about whats happening ingame. (Lets say I murdered one of you validly and then you told your friends and they come over and kill me. That would be meta as you aren't using the Frostburnt Teamspeak or ingame chat.) Is considered Metagaming from what I've been told by Coront.
deh didnt metagame.

Dehx

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:11 pm

People asking me to help wasnt the sole reason I came back to combat again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ailnoth

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:35 pm

GhostlyGhoul wrote:
Noodlers wrote:
deh didnt metagame.

Even if they were in the teamspeak and they said that they died, that would still be meta gaming as the people themselves didn't see him die, furthermore the person saying they died to someone in teamspeak chat would be considered nlr because their character shouldn't know they died and to whom, so just telling their friends to kill said person is NLR and metagaming. simple as that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:43 pm

GhostlyGhoul wrote:
Noodlers wrote:
deh didnt metagame.
Ghostly, It's considered meta gaming as they are using an invalid platform to convey the information. But what he has done has been dealt with an no further charges will be sent.

http://www.frostburnt.com/t3643-caramelldansen-is-our-savoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Locking this, I've gotten everything I wanted from it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Accepted] Removal of ban, Ethereal.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1