Rule changes comming soon.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brigadier General Bacon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:47 pm

As the title says I will be reading threw all the rules tonight and making some changes. I will be adding, removing, and re- writing some things.

At this time I would like anyone why thinks they have a decent suggestion to post it here before 10pm est. All suggestions will be taken into account. Please do not comment on anyone else's suggestion. As that is not the purpose here. Those comments will be removed.

Any staff members who would like to participate please be available around 10pm est tonight. I apologies for the shirt short notice but I have been on a business trip and will still be until around 6-8 today.

I appreciate any and everyone who will be willing to post their suggestions here. And all staff who are willing to participate.

Thanks everyone.

Brigadier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:51 pm

My suggestion, add a pac rule that states something like "If a power armor comes from a mod, then it is legal to use in PAC"
(i know i might get flak for this).

Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:59 pm

How about we get a rule for pac, where your pac cannot be resized, and all things that are added, must be attached to the player, because people are starting to creating floating objects that are actually cancer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Raidable plants.

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:38 pm

As I said Do Not comment on other people's suggestions. Quoting the whole post and then saying "agreed" is useless and takes up space. Do not waste my time or your post and account will be deleted. You know who you are...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:48 pm

I would have to suggest more clearer basing rules as I'm having a hard time discerning what's a legitmate base and an illegitimate base.

Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:25 pm

While I haven't been on in a week or two, since my PC shat itself and this one is a piece of garbage. I still have a few rules I'd like to recommend. I hope you don't mind, but I added a bit of an explanation to each rule, as to why I think it should be added/removed.

1. A rule on inventorying your car while someone is lockpicking it. I know, it's a dickish move to steal someone's car. However, what's annoying is how instead of dealing it in a proper way, people just inventory it like it's nothing. It might go under the "common" sense rule but people have the mentality of it not being in the rules = allowed.

2. Remove rule [IV-C-1]. I know, it's a simple rule that no one really enforces. However, I think that it's bullshit (I actually saw it happen), when someone can legitimately put a lot of effort into making a shop, but some cunt who just joined takes away his time and effort just because he can. It's stupid, pointless and to make a bar it literally takes 1-2 props, to make a bar table.

3. Not 100% up to date with vendors, however if the vendors are still removed the vendor rules should be removed as well / Change [III-I-4] to make it say "shop", instead of "vendor"

4. Add a rule where if someone continuously keeps coming back after death (NLR), give the player the right to kill them. At first they should be allowed to come back to ask why they were killed. However, if they keep coming back to minge, they should be killable.

5. Add a rule where after 15-20 seconds you're required to take a case you're guarding. I don't generally have anything against people baiting, hell I used to do it and still sometimes do. However, what I hate is when people make situations that should last less than a minute draw out up to 2 minutes, just to get those extra few resources from people going into cases.

Typed these out when I was bored, might add some later if I'm even more bored
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:27 pm

I think we should have some sort of a rule that prevents over excessive baiting because all I have been seeing recently is people following noobs around threatening them at every point and turn constantly over and over again while following the rules... This is why I think we should add a rule to somewhat prevent that because it really is retarded and dumb and also very cringey to watch! That's just my opinion... I know ima get shit from all the baiters lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Personally, I've notice not much RP happens on the server anymore and I'm sure a lot of others have noticed it too. If you can add a few rules to enforce more RP and less FailRP that'd be amazing.
I've noticed most players claim they want to RP but most of the time its ruined by others.
Role Playing used to be amazing back in the day. Factions and solo players all felt important in one way or another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.IwantToDie.com
sawyer831

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Although it is somewhat redundant or potentially too specific, perhaps a rule should be implemented surrounding the imitation of wandering NPC's such as raiders, super mutants, small animals (via /rpname, a convincing pac, and/or well put together armor schemes). Honestly, the most imposing reason as to why such a rule should be added could be due to abusing the bodyguard system when 'accidental' RDM takes place.

In an attempt to bring tangibility to what i am talking about, lets set up some sort of hypothetical scenario: Gamer A is a scavenger who has been playing the gamemode for a couple of days now and has racked up a few hundred resources, along with a G36c he crafted after donating to the server. Gamer A really enjoys killing raider rookies because of the simple armors and relatively casual effort it requires.
However, on the other side of the wasteland, Gamer B and C see that many raiders are getting killed in a hasty fashion and remember that they have numerous sets of badlands and 10MM pistols. Gamer B says "Hey, do you want to get some better gear from new players?" Gamer C concurs and switches to wastelander class, offering in text to become the bodyguard of Gamer B.

What ensues is that Gamer B equips a set of badlands and a 10MM pistol, as well as changing his name to "Raider Rookie" to fully look the part, walking in short paces to appear artificial. Gamer C sits atop a building with his Pulse Sniper, waiting for anyone to shoot at Gamer B to initiate fighting. Gamer A, seeing a walking (wo)man with the name "Raider Rookie" is seemingly just like any other NPC they come across, but is actually Gamer B. Gamer A fires at Gamer B, nearly killing him, but Gamer C begins to shoot back at A, eventually killing him.

At this point an admin would be called to the scene to alleviate the situation (depending if an admin were actually summoned) and would have to sort through the fiasco.

tl;dr: Posing as enemy NPCs can be somewhat of a loophole for the bodyguard system, as there are only a few ways of detecting player imitation versus actual AI. Bad game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:20 pm

sawyer831 wrote:
Although it is somewhat redundant or potentially too specific, perhaps a rule should be implemented surrounding the imitation of wandering NPC's such as raiders, super mutants, small animals (via /rpname, a convincing pac, and/or well put together armor schemes). Honestly, the most imposing reason as to why such a rule should be added could be due to abusing the bodyguard system when 'accidental' RDM takes place.

In an attempt to bring tangibility to what i am talking about, lets set up some sort of hypothetical scenario: Gamer A is a scavenger who has been playing the gamemode for a couple of days now and has racked up a few hundred resources, along with a G36c he crafted after donating to the server. Gamer A really enjoys killing raider rookies because of the simple armors and relatively casual effort it requires.
However, on the other side of the wasteland, Gamer B and C see that many raiders are getting killed in a hasty fashion and remember that they have numerous sets of badlands and 10MM pistols. Gamer B says "Hey, do you want to get some better gear from new players?" Gamer C concurs and switches to wastelander class, offering in text to become the bodyguard of Gamer B.

What ensues is that Gamer B equips a set of badlands and a 10MM pistol, as well as changing his name to "Raider Rookie" to fully look the part, walking in short paces to appear artificial. Gamer C sits atop a building with his Pulse Sniper, waiting for anyone to shoot at Gamer B to initiate fighting. Gamer A, seeing a walking (wo)man with the name "Raider Rookie" is seemingly just like any other NPC they come across, but is actually Gamer B. Gamer A fires at Gamer B, nearly killing him, but Gamer C begins to shoot back at A, eventually killing him.

At this point an admin would be called to the scene to alleviate the situation (depending if an admin were actually summoned) and would have to sort through the fiasco.

tl;dr: Posing as enemy NPCs can be somewhat of a loophole for the bodyguard system, as there are only a few ways of detecting player imitation versus actual AI. Bad game

What you forgot to add was that Gamer A calls admin then Gamer D aka General Shepherd tps to Gamer A and bans Gamer B and Gamer C for exploiting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DragonDescent

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:52 pm

1. A rule that says using any communication that isn't in-game or the frostburnt TS is considered meta gaming
2. More in depth rules on warning people such as what you can and cant warn for or if it required to be yelled as in /y 
3. General update/revision of the basing rules
4. Possibly make it clearer that NLR applies to being killed by both NPCs and other players
5. That all events should be assumed to be steal events since the wipe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Damn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:05 pm

sawyer831 wrote:

Though what you are saying is something important, naming yourself any sort of raider or killable Npc is an immediate KoS but noone can defend you as if they do, it's exploitation and is a serious offense.

Brigadier General Bacon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:01 pm

I got hung up way late by work so its gunna happen tomorrow. Feel free to post until then.

Last edited by Brigadier General Bacon on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killingspr33

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:41 pm

What the difference between bad baiting and normal baiting?
Like if you do Baiting A that's normal. But if you do Baiting A and follow them, that's bad baiting.
Mainly because I don't know what deems something bad baiting and allowed baiting. I used to ask admins around what makes something bad baiting, but I never got an answer.
(That's how I got banned)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Claiming a case as it is now is more of a guarantee to get the case for the claiming party.

It should be a situation that you put yourself at risk for, yelling a case claim. Unless you have your own case claim bind, you can't really counter claim it and then kill them in time since they have the HUGE first move advantage of claiming the case first.

I wanna say they can be killed for claiming the case but by who is up in the air. I wanna say allies, faction members, and people someone a person is bodyguarding's direct faction members.

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:13 am

Noodlers wrote:
sawyer831 wrote:

Though what you are saying is something important, naming yourself any sort of raider or killable Npc is an immediate KoS but noone can defend you as if they do, it's exploitation and is a serious offense.

Wait so does that mean if someone names themselfs as a raider and they're KoS able. Do they get to fire back?

Like a sort of free reign PVP?

Policia

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:29 am

Shadow\"Edgelord"Markov wrote:
Noodlers wrote:
sawyer831 wrote:

Wait so does that mean if someone names themselfs as a raider and they're KoS able. Do they get to fire back?

Like a sort of free reign PVP?

Posing as a NPC such as a raider, you are unable to defend yourself if you are fired upon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:28 am

Make it more clear about how warnings work, and when you can and can not kill for a warning.

Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:44 am

Telly wrote:
Claiming a case as it is now is more of a guarantee to get the case for the claiming party.

It should be a situation that you put yourself at risk for, yelling a case claim. Unless you have your own case claim bind, you can't really counter claim it and then kill them in time since they have the HUGE first move advantage of claiming the case first.

I wanna say they can be killed for claiming the case but by who is up in the air. I wanna say allies, faction members, and people someone a person is bodyguarding's direct faction members.

Telly, killing for claiming cases were once essentially kos and it was a living hell.

Telly

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:19 am

Noodlers wrote:
Telly wrote:

Telly, killing for claiming cases were once essentially kos and it was a living hell.

I still think that it's kind of easy street rn once you do claim someone's case. As I never see the person who claims the case be in the slightest bit of danger, and iff conflict does happen it ends up with them killing some scrub or three that tried to get into the case and getting a lot more.

It's dumb in my experience of witnessing baiter types claim a bunch of cases a ton of times.

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:17 am

sawyer831 wrote:

I know what you mean, but as Noodlers says, naming yourself a NPC's name, then using armor/clothing to look like that hostile NPC, can be kosed (Killed on Sight). If they do anything to fight back, it would be considered RDM and Exploitation.

Back to top Go down
nico13x

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:26 am

Sorry for DoublePost

Noodlers wrote:

This actually happened.

Telly wrote:
I still think that it's kind of easy street rn once you do claim someone's case. As I never see the person who claims the case be in the slightest bit of danger, and iff conflict does happen it ends up with them killing some scrub or three that tried to get into the case and getting a lot more.

It's dumb in my experience of witnessing baiter types claim a bunch of cases a ton of times.

Claiming cases is a normal thing and it always will be. If you don't want to die by someone claiming a case as their own, then don't go near it.

Unless you don't know how the counter claiming system works.:

For Example, If someone were to claim a case, and someone else claims the case over their claim, the first person who claimed gets the choice to steal the case, or shoot the person who claimed it after them. If you were the second person, you can not do anything, unless the first person goes into the case, they can kill them.

The case claiming system is perfectly fine where it is right now.

Back to top Go down
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: Rule changes comming soon.   Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:15 am

Raidable plants as Fubar said for the simple fact that this is the wasteland after all and the food is very sought after by everyone in order to not starve.

This would make lots of sense since we're already claiming/fighting over resources, claiming/fighting over cases, we're also having grubs and private miners as raidables so why not make what keep us all alive a raidable aswell?

(real sorry if this counts as quoting or repeating someone else idea)

Rule changes comming soon.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next