HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Economy post reset- Vending Machines?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HipsterGoat

PostSubject: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:50 am

since the server reset, it seems the vending machine is no longer in the game. is there any explanation behind this?
the fact that its gone severely hinders the 3 production classes (Engineer, Scientist, Cultivator) as it not only completely eliminates passive income, but increases the possibility of scamming.

Id like to see the vending machine come back, and if not, at least a valid explanation for its removal.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:27 am

Make shop. Make drop box. Make privacy door. No scamming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rucksack

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:16 am

I think it was a risky move for them to take away vendors.

But I've come to really enjoy it.

Merchants and Traders are exactly that now, you gotta set up a nice looking shop and stand there.

More RP encounters by far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:32 am

They were removed due to the lack of roleplay, everyone would just slam down vendors and weld them together before fucking off to increase transparent profits without ever having to even SPEAK to another player. Fuck that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:51 am

IF they were even powered. Most people just left them unpowered. They were a waste of space.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:01 am

In essence, they were a good idea gone bad, just like a lot of the ideas presented in the server.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:58 am

well, as much as I loved vendors and still miss them, one of the reasons vendors were removed was for eliminating an easy way for BAITERS to sell their baited loot.

I've recently Seen the Sparta Trading Company pop up as a result of that.
Its known that Sparta is full of baiters and case claimers and the Spartan Trading Company is an off-shoot of them, so take that with a salt mine

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
well, as much as I loved vendors and still miss them, one of the reasons vendors were removed was for eliminating an easy way for BAITERS to sell their baited loot.

I've recently Seen the Sparta Trading Company pop up as a result of that.
Its known that Sparta is full of baiters and case claimers and the Spartan Trading Company is an off-shoot of them, so take that with a salt mine

Please stop defaminizing. It originally was a meme group Brig told Ruby to create it and it's essentially for the friends who can't or don't want to be in the IoS. So I ask once again. don't do a salt post.

http://www.frostburnt.com/t3643-caramelldansen-is-our-savoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:47 am

flako, jodye. flako, jodye. flako, jodye. flako, jodye.

BTW tons of people still buy shit from me. Even though i'm a "baiter".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:11 pm

Without vendors, power is pretty much useless. I literally only made a generator to power lights since robots aren't even in the game anymore. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Grub wrote:
Without vendors, power is pretty much useless. I literally only made a generator to power lights since robots aren't even in the game anymore. Mad

Glad to see everyone's still as creative as ever.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Grub wrote:

UHH, I KNOW,

your guide to life:

yea, that's pretty much it.

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
aFistyPineapple

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:05 am

Gnomp wrote:
They were removed due to the lack of roleplay, everyone would just slam down vendors and weld them together before fucking off to increase transparent profits without ever having to even SPEAK to another player. Fuck that.

Should Vendors cease to exist forever from now on, may I suggest introducing another display option, so we can make a shop feel like it should with items on shelves and not just an empty room with a person standing in the corner offering some "products", while you question where they are storing them(must have a large anal cavity?), in response to the rp aspect.

As a merchant player who actually stayed in their shop with displays more visible than the vending machines and interacted with customers, displays were important to me, and others - powder co., wion supply, iron edge on some occasions, new players with new vending machines setting up their little stands like street vendors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:18 am

aFistyPineapple wrote:
Gnomp wrote:

Should Vendors cease to exist forever from now on, may I suggest introducing another display option, so we can make a shop feel like it should with items on shelves and not just an empty room with a person standing in the corner offering some "products", while you question where they are storing them(must have a large anal cavity?), in response to the rp aspect.

As a merchant player who actually stayed in their shop with displays more visible than the vending machines and interacted with customers, displays were important to me, and others - powder co., wion supply, iron edge on some occasions, new players with new vending machines setting up their little stands like street vendors.

Or just get a fucking note and write down what you're selling. I honestly don't see why there needs to be a whole new fucking system for something you can do yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 am

aFistyPineapple wrote:
Gnomp wrote:

PAC for advanced players, there's also Holo-projectors and Photoshop again, for advanced players. But honestly, if you just give a bit of effort and act like a street vendor (Like you're suggesting) just yell out the items you're selling, peddle your wares. If you're really a merchant, standing behind a counter like a zombie is the LAST thing you should be doing. interact with your consumer base.

EDIT: I also want to point out that in its current state, the server can honestly do without them, they were globally causing more harm than good, so by removing them we killed off a big part of a problem. I apologize for all the people that use them as intended, but a lot of other people were not, and we couldn't really enforce a "Proper method of use".

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aFistyPineapple

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:18 pm

Neither of you addressed what i was actually asking for, which was displays of items, you just talked about lists and no more than redundancy. I directly stated, i did interact with the customers by the way.
I never insisted the displays could be bought, just representation. Perhaps you can make a tool/object that lets you display duplicates of what you have in your inventory, (a cash register model), these displays have no value other than visual reference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:44 pm

aFistyPineapple wrote:
Neither of you addressed what i was actually asking for, which was displays of items, you just talked about lists and no more than redundancy. I directly stated, i did interact with the customers by the way.
I never insisted the displays could be bought, just representation. Perhaps you can make a tool/object that lets you display duplicates of what you have in your inventory, (a cash register model), these displays have no value other than visual reference

Displaying items is utterly useless. As Bill said, get a fucking paper, write shit on it, then pin it on a stone wall.

Makes logical sense.

Or, just throw an actual item on the back wall, for display, and have someone break into your shop, and steal it.

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:39 pm

aFistyPineapple wrote:
I never insisted the displays could be bought, just representation. Perhaps you can make a tool/object that lets you display duplicates of what you have in your inventory, (a cash register model), these displays have no value other than visual reference.

I explained the reasoning behind why you wouldn't be getting a feature like this. I also am not entirely aware if you know, but any and all major developments or updates for Fallout Decay will not be happening due to manpower being focused on Fallout Resurgence.

It's not happening, I'm sorry.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:40 am

aFistyPineapple wrote:

It would look cool, but at the end of the day no one gives a shit. People don't go into shops to look at how good you placed the items. They go in, buy your shit and fuck off. This system would be pointless and a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Economy post reset- Vending Machines?   Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:35 am

I agree with Bill here, no one takes the time to "look at the display" they just go to the vending machine and buy what they away and they GTFO.

now there no more vending machines, now you have to actually talk to people to get shit done. in a way its cool, but things are slower that way

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Economy post reset- Vending Machines?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1