HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

{Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aFistyPineapple

PostSubject: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:48 am

:I am not Ben Garrison:
Instead I am appealing for this player, as I know the full story from start to end, and due to the nature of the situation, the player has little leverage other than witnesses(Including admins) and my confession.
With that being said, making a ban appeal is not exactly "worth it" in this player's eyes. So I am doing it for him.

Server: Fallout Decay
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:73552094
In-game Name: Ben Garrison
Date of Incident: 6/18/2017
Time of Incident: ~6:00pm PST 12hr
Time Zone: PST
Length of Ban: 1 week

The story starts from the beginning, which reveals some facts that HAVE NO RELEVANCY to the ban of this player other than to explain the motives of the situation, in the actual event of the ban, a particularly hasty admin (not even joking) jumped out of his chair to lecture about a single detail, with NO knowledge or attention to the other 99% of information literally sitting behind :Ben Garrison: (as explained in the story)
Basically that translates to, there were some pretty blatant procedural errors and i'm taking this cop to court. (but i'm also not publicly calling out names, if you [admins] would like to look into it, check who banned the Steam ID)

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: -its pretty funny so read on- Myself and this player(Ben Garrison) were memeing with some stuff of a more edgy nature, joking racism for the most part. I was the driving force for this "joke"; which Fallout Degay has seen this genre of said joke many many times. To paint a picture, i was building a small house(that would've been a barn if we were ever to get to the joke)[WHICH WE DIDN'T, We were in the setting up phases when the ban occured, didnt even get to crack it ;-;]. This "house" had displayed some prop creations and text screens with some racist tones attached(i.e. a Nigger catching trap that was a small plastic crate with a small stick holding up one side and a melon underneath, also a sign that said cleansing Station, and a wood cross)[Thats literally all, other than that it was a box with a doorway]. Surely, 6 other players came over and had some laughs with us, which more than 2 of them added their own details. This is very important, one player placed some dupes of very large nazi flags, this caught the attention of an admin(admin A) who just joined the server. This entire time our star player(Ben Garrison) is working on a pac. The admin(A) flys on over after connecting and refreshes us(me) on some rules regarding racist tones, which i knew, our point was to conceal these things behind a door which labeled our NSFW intents, which i know some admins may argue "racism is not allowed", technically, concealing it with a warning is fine; AND so is displaying hentai all over a room, as long as you are concealing it + with a warning. And to those admins, go tell that to corgi and every other baiter with NIgGer in there title(blast from the past before the internet was "a problem" on fallout decay). Anyways the admin(A) deletes the sensitive material (the nigger trap and the other players nazi flags +some other things that ,again, other players placed). At this point Ben Garrison tries out his new pac, which is a really dopey kkk member outfit, we were all making fun of it calling it other things because of how it looked(The white knight, A ghost, Tin man, personally I thought it looked like a suit of armor had sex with a washing machine), the admin(A) remarks his costume saying and i quote "i know you probably have other intents with that pac, but you look more like the tin man so its not a problem"; and flies away. Another admin(Admin B) witnessed this entire admin interaction, there is honest evidence through the eyes of witnesses. Anyways about 7 minutes passed and Ben garrison is peacocking his outfit(he doesn't have a mic so he was just chillin)while we strictly work on the structure of the building, no racist jokes, just the structure. The same admin who said it wasn't a problem comes back and asks Ben Garrison to take off his pac, WITHOUT ARGUMENT OR DELAY he immediately removes it, I got annoyed with this because this very same admin(A) just said it was okay, while me and him are talking in the sky privately, A new Admin(Admin C) enters the arena, within a few seconds he(C) is livid, like his phone workout app just set off an alarm that said "SJW for 5 minutes" and he starts getting condescending over Ben Garrison about his sense of humor(I don't think he was offended, just taking a paragon stance in an asshole way). I run down off the roof and immediate place myself between them, because i thought he was blaming Ben Garrison for the props I MADE, so i'm a bit loud saying "you cant blame him, this is my idea, those are my props!" And Admin A throws me off in the distance, so i come back and repeat myself, I'm taking full responsibility, hell im yelling it, and i get thrown again, i come back again, same story, This time I get taken far away by admin A and the entire time i'm asking him to be reasonable and understand the only evidence they have is my props and his pac, if your weighing the offenses here, im the one making the props and jokes that are clear, and he is wearing a poorly made pac that looks ridiculous and to some unrecognizable. Admin A instructs me to "wait here" and is on his way back to Admin C to sort out the truth, before he makes it back i get banned for 4 weeks for "Minging, trolling" OR really basically interrupting him(Admin C), in his lecture about poor sense of humor - with the truth. Shortly after, Ben Garrison is banned for 1 week, reason: Enjoy your ban.

Lets Summarize, Admin A asks Ben Garrison to take off pac, he does so immediately, 1 warning and the problem is solved.
Admin C walks up and doesnt find that satisfying and starts ranting, inevitably bans both of us. Me for interrupting his rant repeatedly which no doubt he will claim was a sit, which it wasnt.

EVIDENCE:
Now lets look at this from an objective point of view
#1 The props were mine, for all intents and purposes, Ben Garrison was just standing in the vicinity of (these Props) and was  uninvolved. There was no investigation, Admin C did not determine any facts or evidence he just jumped on Ben Garrison for the pac, and presumably for the props.(Didnt even bother to look at the name on the props)
#2 The Ban was premature, there was no attempt to resolve or sit, just "i dont like this *ban*". Even if someone can confirm Ben Garrison was more than just a bystander with a bad pac, Admin C did not determine Ben's involvement and made a hasty unreasonable ban.
#3 The appropriate punishment would be pac ban, kick, or short ban (hours), not a week, people get a few hours for RDMing and false raiding, how can you measure up a poorly made pac for a joke with rule breaking, and give the joke 150 hours in comparison to RDM 4 hours?(more importantly there was no problem, the pac was removed first time asked)
By principle, cooperating with the first warning shouldnt result in punishment

Anything else they(admins) can try to blame Ben Garrison for was my responsibility. Undisputable
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aFistyPineapple

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:59 am

Edit: Let me include, the problem pac had no insignia or any symbolic/detailed features, it was made of white polygons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 am

I mean, this is a pretty good story of what happened, I dont have an opinion weather he should be unbanned or not, but he was already told to not wear pacs like that, and he was pac banned, after doing it again, he got banned himself. What he was doing was not funny, his ban appeal may be accepted, but prob will be pac banned, again.

+/-

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
nico13x

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:57 am

aFistyPinapple wrote:
#2 The Ban was premature, there was no attempt to resolve or sit, just "i dont like this *ban*". Even if someone can confirm Ben Garrison was more than just a bystander with a bad pac, Admin C did not determine Ben's involvement and made a hasty unreasonable ban.

He doesnt deserve a warning for wearing a pac that insulted a lot of players who have done nothing wrong, and I was told that when another admin asked him to take it off, he said it was a pac of a ghost.

good job:

Back to top Go down
nico13x

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:02 am

I am deeply sorry for the triple post, as I must make a simple fix

nico13x wrote:
He doesnt deserve a warning for wearing a pac that insulted a lot of players who have done nothing wrong, and I was told that when another admin asked him to take it off, he said it was a pac of a ghost.

What I meant to say was "Also, I was told that when another admin asked him to take it off, he said it was a pac of a ghost."

good job:

Back to top Go down
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:16 am

I'll admit, the side I take with this story is pretty neutral, I was one of the admins to immediately remove the PAC without a second thought, but I was also completely a bystander and never directly made contact with Ben. First things first, there is a bit of indecisiveness that can't be excused on the Admin's part, there was a lack of clarity on the verdicts made (Of which there were two) but all in all I can vouch for the end result: What you were doing was in bad taste. It can't measure up to a baiter or a false raid or what ever examples you decided to make because wearing a KKK PAC and posting blatant tasteless racism is fucking stupid and insensitive. You never covered it in the appeal, but I doubt it was a private act due to how you mention other players running up, and yeah "This is important".

Due to my neutral stance on both parties having done something wrong, I won't directly deny this appeal, but I am giving a firm "NO" for any other staff's consideration.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:54 am

I'll have to -1 due to the fact that this seems to fall under the common sense rule.

http://www.frostburnt.com/t3643-caramelldansen-is-our-savoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi... I am "Admin C" and here is my part.

I was told about what is happening as I load in so I flew to the scene to find out what is happening and your pac is being removed which was okay... Then I look at your community title which says "My pac was deleted by the admins Sad(((((((((" Which is fucking cancer that is why I started to get annoyed with you. Seriously, to all the staff that looks like you are just trying to antagonize us when we were handling the sit. Then your friend jumps off from the roof of your prop house to get into my face saying " Leave him the fuck alone he didn't do anything" That is why we moved you... You don't just get to jump into a sit and start yelling at the admins. Then you return and start to say that I have high amounts of autism or something along those lines. Which I do not see in your ban appeal... Hmmmm I wonder why. I then chose to ban you for 4 weeks because if you look at it from a staff members point of view on a roleplay server it looks like you are minging. You just joined then proceed to build that and mid sit you start to be disrespectful toward me. I was angry because I don't like seeing that on this server. Its fucking toxic and stupid especially doing it in front of town which is next to spawn. I would have been okay if you did it away from people in a locked building. BTW I am not trying to be a "SJW" but that shit is not tolerated. It is obnoxious especially in front of the entire server. Another thing I need to add is that I also am a fan of being a bit of a meme at times and fooling around. I do not mind that but what you did was a bit too stupid. I will see if I can lower your ban to 1 week because it is my ban.

Upon return I want you to read the rules... Expect me to ask you some questions on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aFistyPineapple

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:04 pm

nico13x wrote:
...but he was already told to not wear pacs like that, and he was pac banned, after doing it again, he got banned himself. What he was doing was not funny, his ban appeal may be accepted, but prob will be pac banned, again.

Assumingly, "when he was told not to wear pac's like that", this "warning" wasnt exactly written in stone, I saw the first pac(an extremely unfinished version of what inevitably got him banned, it was the same polygons but only the head, arms, and legs) Looked more like a suit of armor than anything else. I doubt it can be classified as a warning if the problem pac isnt easily distinguishable, I would take that warning with a grain of salt. ( I did not see him get warned for the pac before hand so I am relying on you telling the truth )

"What he was doing was not funny"
Can somebody please explain to me why you are forgetting this is the internet? THE EXACT Idea was derived from a number of times ive seen the same joke on the server, I remember exactly last year(When all of the baiter clans had the Racist tones in there titles[not light] and there were communities built by experienced players representing the aryan brotherhood, at one point one of the most powerful Communities in decay, toted group outfits of SS uniforms). The particular occasion i was pulling the joke from was when a couple of the more known players of the community(and active forum users) made alts of skinheads and called everyone Racial obscenities, especially ghouls, whom they called "dirty niggers" while they put up Swastikas and other untasteful material and threatened every ghoul who came into town(which the admins were defending them as it was "RP"). IM positive one of the people in that group was an admin or is now an admin, if not just an extremely respected community pillar; And they were being defended by staff while being racist and using it as a bait scheme.

Lets be realistic for a moment, none of you are offended, you've all likely grown desensitized to it just by playing Gmod, and in truth, Im not a racist and that's probably clear to you if you understand the caliber of internet humor, i was playing a recognizable stereotype of a southern racist for the humorous situations, (its a joke not a belief). I can almost guarantee that we caused no harm to a single soul, and instead had a bunch of players play along and have some laughs, the witness admins involved can tell you thats the truth. The only person i can claim was offended was Admin C but whos to say he wasnt just doing his job which is to keep people in line of the rules(In this instance, no Racism) and his best outlet was to be offended for other people so he could set the tone of the ban(which makes sense).

This whole, "it wasnt funny" line, is like a programmed response for staff and some passersbys of this thread to #1 set the tone of the punishment, or #2 to make themselves feel like good paragons who uphold moral values of society(Which, if thats the case, dont be so arrogant).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aFistyPineapple

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

nico13x wrote:

Unlikely to have "insulted a lot of players" because it didnt, i communicated with every player who passed us, again only potentially one person and some witnessing admins perhaps.

+ I was the one who said it was a ghost lol(He doesnt have a mic and i know you are recalling it being said in voice), to whom no one asked him to take it off, i was responding to a crowd of people who were talking about it right before the whole ban situation.

Also I dont think either of us had knowledge of Admin D so that's inconclusive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:47 pm

You may have forgotten that this is a ROLEPLAY server. You were doing that stupid crap directly in front of town and right near spawn. Regardless, that shows new players that this community is like any average dark RP server and why would we want that. Also, I know this is the internet and this isn't completely about us being offended because me personally, I am not. I am however pissed that your friend can just interject in a sit and start saying that I have autism and also I am a bit annoyed that you changed your title to antagonize the staff team handling the sit because that is not necessary at all. The members of the staff team signed up and volunteered for this job and we do this for free to keep the server in a better environment so I am sorry that we don't want to see that toxic shit on here... I sure don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:58 pm

aFistyPinapple wrote:
Unlikely to have "insulted a lot of players" because it didnt, i communicated with every player who passed us, again only potentially one person and some witnessing admins perhaps.

Wtf are you talking about,
a pac of kkk will insult anyone whos African American, whether they think its funny or not.

good job:

Back to top Go down
aFistyPineapple

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Mike Nespo wrote:
I am however pissed that your friend can just interject in a sit and start saying that I have autism
I am "your friend". Im not Ben Garrison.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: {Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)   Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:36 pm

DENIED LOCKEDI don't like the toxicity of the responses here. Refer to my original post for clarification on my verdict.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

{Denied - Gnomp} Removal of Ban (Ben Garrison)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1