HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Billcat

PostSubject: SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.   Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:44 pm

I was looking at the old Fallout Decay guide, and I noticed a ton of stuff that was no longer in the game. Since feral ghouls are gone, and (from what I've heard) progress on Resurgence is currently on hold, I thought it would be cool if Decay could be revamped.

To start off, I'm going to list a few NPCs that no longer are in the game:
Deathclaws
Feral Ghouls / Feral Ghoul Reavers
Headcrabs (non pet)
Radroach
Super Mutants
Abominations (I don't think these were ever added.)

I assume that each thing listed above had some reason to be removed, be it lag or something else. However, since Bizzclaw is attempting to fix the lag problems with Feral Ghouls, I figured he might be ok with re-adding some of the things above.

One suggestion I have would be Super Mutants encampments. Raiders don't have a base, or anywhere to guard. They just walk around killing people. Super Mutants, on the other hand, would spawn in super mutant camps. These camps would have 10-15 super mutants, and would spawn on the edges of maps. The super mutants would attack people who went in a certain radius of the encampment. When killed, super mutants would have the possibility of dropping suitcases, similar to raiders. The encampments themselves would just be random buildings around the maps we currently use. When fighting conglos, most people stay at a distance and snipe. However, since these Super Mutants would be inside of corridors, they would require teamwork to beat. Right now, 3 people with snipers and flamers can wipe out the conglo in a few minutes. Super Mutants would be no harder to kill in terms of damage, however the terrain they are in would make them deadly.

Headcrabs and Radroaches should spawn inside of buildings as well. They would be easy to kill, however they should be able to multiply quickly. This could create a mini event, where the players online have to clear out the map's main town in order to inhabit it. Headcrabs would obviously drop meat, and Radroaches could be either an easy source of venom, or maybe even a new food source. Note: I don't want to make food easy to get. Headcrab meat should be really cheap to cook (2 chems), however even the exquisite headcrab meat should only give you 10 food. Easy to get, but not very filling.

Right now, the most frightening animal to see in the wasteland is a yao guai, and those are easily defeated by staying behind them. Deathclaws could be a fix for this. With very high health, they would be a danger. To fix the "just stand behind it" strategy, the deathclaw attack should damage players within a 360 degree radius. Maybe it could swipe with it's hands and swing it's tail? It would force players to use ammo to kill the Deathclaws, meaning ammo would rise in value (ammo is dirt cheap right now, I can have enough 10mm to last me 4 hours for around 150 chems.) I don't know what Deathclaws would drop.

Feral Ghouls, once they are re-added, should also drop suiticases. Specifically, the Glowing Ones and Reavers. I could see loot drops being something like muutfruit, or ammo. Something you would expect a mindless feral to have on them. Glowing Ones could drop things related to heavy radiation exposure, and Reavers could drop things related to ammo and guns (maybe high end ammo, like pulse ammo? This is because Reavers are heavily armored, suggesting they may have been powerful raiders at one point.)

I don't really know if Abominations have a place in Fallout Decay. I can't see Bizzclaw making a new npc from the ground up when we could potentially have all the stuff listed above.

Overall, my goal of this post is to make the wasteland ACTUALLY dangerous. Give people a reason to stay near towns. Buff the hell out of everything listed above. Force people to work together. It's hard to bait players when all the shit listed above is trying to kill you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Billcat

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.   Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:47 pm

EDIT: Bizzclaw, I know you don't like updating pnrp decay, but it would be cool if you did.

plz dad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.   Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:52 am

Yes let's add more NPCs people most likely will bring into town(s) :^}

Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.   Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:43 am

-Deathclaws can/are spawned in by staff members for events or other reasons.
-Feral Ghouls cause lag and may be fixed soon.
-No.
-Radroaches spawn on certain maps. You might stumble upon them in a abandoned subway tunnel or something.
-Super Mutants are used for events hosted by staff members.
-Refer to reason given for Deathclaws and Supermutants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EliasBurning
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.   Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:43 am

only problem with mutants are that their loot tables are fucked [give too much shit] and we can't turn em off I believe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x
Ban

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.   Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:10 pm

no

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.   Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:49 pm

I don't think Bizzclaw is going to work on Decay for anything other than bugs, for he wants to make Resurgence better as a successor to Decay.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.   Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:08 pm

You know its really fuckin funny I suggested the exact same thing about the super mutants and raiders lol

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.   Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:26 pm

[Denied]

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.   Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 pm

TimeSnake wrote:
I don't think Bizzclaw is going to work on Decay for anything other than bugs, for he wants to make Resurgence better as a successor to Decay.
Exavolt wrote:
[Denied]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Zapper3000380

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.   Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:49 pm

add in scavengable bottle shanks :^)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

SUGGESTION: Super Mutants, Deathclaws, and more.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1