HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Should the server have a tutorial or guide?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What option do you thinks best?
Option 1
29%
 29% [ 2 ]
Option 2
14%
 14% [ 1 ]
Option 3
57%
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Ryan Lewis

PostSubject: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:21 am

So this server has been out for about 3 years and ive been there through out that time and I frequently got asked through the time is "how do I play this game?" from someone who just joined the server for the system of the fallout boy tips cant give them enough info about the server it only gives them the basics of the game that doesn't include economy or the idea of markets and towns so I think it would be nicer if instead of the community showing every new spawn how to play the game and such.

Yes we did learn from our mistakes or mentors through the years but we all had once someone teach us the game from the player base instead of higher ups and more it just doesn't seem as a effective way to show people and appeal them to the server to show that the player base teaches you how to play instead of fallout boy at the top right of your screen or anime chick if you were around at the time.

So from this whole entire topic I think the server has three options option one make a guide or tutorial better than just fallout boys tips option two we make a giant ass forum to show new players into the game instead of screeching about bans or I want him banned for this is what this website looks like and maybe one or two memes and option three we can all just keep living the way we are as it is the community introducing the new players to the game and making them learn from us.Also if you dont like any of these ideas reply with your own or say how shit mine are and fuck you you're trash at this game you have no place to speak anymore...

*EDIT* Some people have already went to try and help with this problem in the forums but most seem incomplete or unable to tell you everything you should know from the get go no offense http://www.frostburnt.com/t3543-the-wasteland-survival-guide-ta-da
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:08 pm

There is a meager tutorial that tells you the basics when you first join the game but unless we force people to go through an actual tutorial sequence, they're just gonna ignore it so it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:55 pm

Telly wrote:
There is a meager tutorial that tells you the basics when you first join the game but unless we force people to go through an actual tutorial sequence, they're just gonna ignore it so it doesn't matter.

did you even read what he said lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:19 pm

Coront wrote:
Telly wrote:

did you even read what he said lmao

Yes and my point still stands that unless you force people to go through a tutorial most people are going to ignore it this being some Gmod server they're joining ad hoc from the server browser.

You can have noob events every once in a while like I seen but the main draw to those is a big pile of equipment for the scrubs, and that doesn't cover lil billy scrungus who joins the next week after fresh off the boat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:48 pm

Shame! Shame!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:39 am

Telly wrote:

Where is this "Tutorial" or "Guide"?

I mean, the one that was posted in 2013-14 is not gonna help anyone anymore.

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
Telly

PostSubject: Re: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:42 pm

nico13x wrote:
Telly wrote:

Where is this "Tutorial" or "Guide"?

I mean, the one that was posted in 2013-14 is not gonna help anyone anymore.

When you truly FIRST join It gives you some meager pointers up in the corner of the screen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:27 pm

Telly wrote:
When you truly FIRST join It gives you some meager pointers up in the corner of the screen

when you truly first join you are shown the rules and nothing else

good job:

Back to top Go down
Kathrine

PostSubject: Re: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:14 pm

I don't really think any tutorial or guide is necessary. The game is pretty straightforward as long as you read the rules but I do think the server should have a new updated wiki or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:49 pm

nico13x wrote:
Telly wrote:

when you truly first join you are shown the rules and nothing else

He's talking about the vault boy that gives you pointers about the rad storm and stuff like that.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:00 pm

oh

good job:

Back to top Go down
bubba112200

PostSubject: Re: Should the server have a tutorial or guide?   Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Hmm, only if someone were to make a video series detailing how to play the game...

Should the server have a tutorial or guide?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1