HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sonicb0om113

PostSubject: Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :    Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:57 pm

The exosuit helmet was always a non-powered helmet and many people wore the helmet as a cheap rad suit and allowed for you to wear any armor you wanted with it. This as of late , the power armor helmet rule has been enforced upon the server rigorously. I can understand if it was the X0-2 helmet, or the T-51b, but the exosuit helmet was always this way, and many people used the helmet before the removal of EC packs for armor. I only ask if it is allowed to wear the exosuit helmet without the exosuit itself.

Picture of the Exosuit and helmet Description

As the description states, it is a heavy ballistics helmet fitted with a gas mask . It does not require power from the suit itself, as it is just a helmet.

X0-2 helmet description : it states that it is meant to accompany the armor set meaning it is necessary to wear the armor with the helmet:

It states that it is meant to accompany the armor set meaning it is necessary to wear the helmet with the armor.

I want opinions on this , I'll leave it open to discussion. Tell me what you think, and I want this to be relatively serious.

Last edited by sonicb0om113 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : (Mistake in the first fucking line))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :    Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:01 pm

It's an unpowered helmet so whatever.

The reason they get butthurt about people not wearing power helmets without armor is people circumventing the darkened vision with like NVGs and turning up the brightness or whatever.

Since the exo helmet is unpowered who cares?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :    Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:40 pm

+1

Sandbox

PostSubject: Re: Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :    Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:13 pm

I've worn the exo helmet a few times myself and it usually wasn't an issue as others had done the same, but maybe because no staff members had been taking action then? Having staff regulate armor usage like this is more work than it's worth.

I personally suggest improving the blackout (no power/no armor match) helmet effect when not wearing accompanying armor. Having it blackout consistently when there's a mismatch, and having the blackout be complete darkness, instead of an semi translucent render overlay, would be an easier

Anchorman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :    Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:08 pm

I could go into 40,000,000 reasons as to why I disagree with this being okay. However, I know that people already hate me for thinking so. Therefore, I am going to just leave it at this...

I don't think the exo-helmet should be allowed to be worn with armor that IS NOT POWER ARMOR.
People use the excuse that its a "ballistic helmet with a gasmask attached"........ probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my video game career. You could consider any power armor helmet a "ballistic helmet with a gasmask attached" Like I said, this isn't the only reason.

I just don't have enough energy to deal with the flame war, so this'll do for now.

Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :    Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:51 pm

Anchorman wrote:
video game career.

PostSubject: Re: Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :    Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:04 am

Anchorman wrote:
I could go into 40,000,000 reasons as to why I disagree with this being okay. However, I know that people already hate me for thinking so. Therefore, I am going to just leave it at this...

I don't think the exo-helmet should be allowed to be worn with armor that IS NOT POWER ARMOR.
People use the excuse that its a "ballistic helmet with a gasmask attached"........ probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my video game career. You could consider any power armor helmet a "ballistic helmet with a gasmask attached" Like I said, this isn't the only reason.

I just don't have enough energy to deal with the flame war, so this'll do for now.

Instead of making a post that makes it a 'Oh woe is me' tone. Maybe state your point with less bias towards people that will read.

On the other note , The distinction between a helmet of T-51b and an exo suit helmet look very different. The obvious plating on the T-51b is much heavier than the structure of the exo suit helmet. The exo suit helmet seems to be made of ballistic weave, fitted with a pair of goggles and a visible mask. The key difference is the plating itself. I don't want this to be targeted at anyone, but I'm open to debate your points.

If you are simply saying that "ANY" power armor helmet is a ballistic helmet with a gasmask attached , then you are grouping them together very broadly. All the helmets have a different amounts of plating , and also have different weakness and advantages.

Last edited by sonicb0om113 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing a Spelling Error)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :    Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:52 pm

+1
You should be able to just wear the helmet without the armor, it's not like it would be impossible to do that if you were in the fallout universe, you would just need some modifications or batteries.. Just let people wear the helmet if they want to, please.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonicb0om113

PostSubject: Re: Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :    Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:59 pm

As of recently as well, it seems they have added back the overlay for the power armor non-powered visors. The Exo helmet does not have this overlay, which I believe is intentional.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunbringer

PostSubject: Re: Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :    Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Anchorman wrote:

Then by your logic, what else have ya go to lose? State some of the reasons.

I for one +1 this as it just makes the most sense realistically.

I know the exo-suit now counts as power armour, but the helmet in itself is a different story.

And as TimeSnake stated, it's not at all impossible. Hell, Fallout 3 and New Vegas can let you do that without power armour, so I don't really see the problems here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Exosuit Helmet : Allowed to wear without The Exo Suit :
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1