HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Jeff's community sack of ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Jeff's community sack of ideas   Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:35 am

-Pulse field generator

The Pulse field generator would be a device powered by pulse batteries to create an anti-ballistic field around an area. now with one battery, you can power a small field for 10 minutes. how the field works is that it blocks ALL incoming ballistic force trying to penetrate the shield, however, it does not prevent someone from entering the field, hence being godlike against long to medium range, but shit poor against melee or close range attackers and gives a reason to storm the front in a raid.

Now in the case where you want to extend the anti-ballistic field, you would need more generators, so the rule of "The more the merrier" applies. want to extend the life of your field? slap more batteries and extend the life of the field of 10 minutes per batteries.

-Pulse Cannons

As the idea suggests, the pulse cannon would be the pulse ball launcher. it'd be that sort of weapon you bring out when you really want to ruin someone's day. obviously this sounds like power weapon, and it is, but it's not the kind of weapon you would use casually because of how it works, however.

The way it would work is that for every pulse battery, you are given 1 pulse canon round. the canon would have a extremely slower firing rate, would need a 1.75 sec charge up before being able to shoot after clicking the fire button and would take 3.5 seconds to reload a battery into the pulse cannon. Now what would make this weapon awesome would be for it to be able to be an explosive weapons that would deal between 95-175 damage depending on where you are from the explosion and would be able to break the welding of props, making them fly everywhere and making bulkhead breaches that much more satisfying and glorious.

-Dungeons! (sorta?)
On some maps, there are places like vaults, bunkers and other neat places to discover, but they're all so empty and lifeless. this idea would make these places more attracting to people who like map exploration, like me. You could find some suitcases lying near a ragdoll body (world prop) that would spawn somewhere in those vaults, bunkers, etc and would have some random loot in it. sometimes you can find some ressources, food, even maybe weapons and ammo, or better yet, small items like batteries, keypad crackers, lockpicks, small things like that.

Now obviously you're thinking loot campers. well, i dont know nothing about coding, but if there would be a way to place a detection node in those places so it prevents loot from spawning if players are too close to the node. the way i'd see it, if the node, for 20 cumulative minutes, does not detect players (important to note:CUMULATIVE MINUTES) in the node's detection range, it makes the old body disappear, creates a new one with a new sack of loot to pick at! obviously the higher your scavenging level, the better your odds of finding good loot would be, also scavenger only type of interaction, they need something to interact with like the Wastelander's love story with the Antlion hives. makes scavengers that much more entitled to what they do best: Scavenge the shit out of everything.

Will update this post as new ideas pop up in my head.

- The Well Driller (New Class idea)
I've made a new thread about this, the general concept is for the well driller to be able to get water from subterranean sources and get it back to the surface, its a rough idea, come help out and throw idea and make this a community project!
link: http://www.frostburnt.com/t413-new-class-idea-well-driller

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant

Last edited by Jeff Belinger on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Jeff's community sack of ideas   Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:46 pm

So I meant to delete your double post, but apparently I deleted both yours and Alaska's post... these forums are weird ._.
Anyways.. time for me to take mushroom's job; No double posting, please. If you want to add more ideas use the edit button. Thank you.

Also these are good ideas, but impossible for me to code at my current skill level, however I'll keep it in mind for when I get better at coding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Jeff's community sack of ideas   Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:20 pm

alright, apologies for double post, i figured i could use the second post for reserved ideas in the future, i see that done in other forums.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Jeff's community sack of ideas   Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Anyways.. time for me to take mushroom's job; No double posting, please. If you want to add more ideas use the edit button. Thank you.

I'm so prude!

Jeff's community sack of ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1