46% [ 6 ]
Revert the rules
54%
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Kathrine

PostSubject: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:53 am

I am making this post so that the community can voice their opinions on this new set of rules. It is pretty well known already that a lot of people don't like them. I am going to give a quick rundown of why the rules are bad which will basically be the same rant I had in another post but hopefully more detailed. Others may post why they think these rules are bad if I miss anything and I probably will... there is a lot wrong with them.

The case baiting rule makes it to where if you kill someone without grabbing their case (within 30 seconds now after some bans) you have to forfeit the case allowing the next person to case bait for however long they wish till someone grabs it, or you can grab the case very likely committing suicide in the process if a lot of other people are around. This gives huge disadvantages to small groups of people if they want to even recover a friend/allies case. This also is going to make it very annoying for staff as now every claim to case baiting will result in them having to check the logs to see times of deaths and times the case was still guarded to when the case was finally picked up all likely to be inaccurate at times.

There is also a number of loopholes with these rules that I won't point out for obvious reasons but I will say they are there and have been used before when these rules were in place. Thank you for reading this and please vote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:21 am

+1
Why can't we just have the old rules and keep decay how it was? The new "Case Claiming" system is getting people banned because they dont understand it, which is completely unfair for them.

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Cool biased poll.

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:47 pm

You can always tell me what you think of the rules. I guess I couldve added another option to keep the cancer rules though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:51 pm

I'm not sure this is biased at all. The poll is a change of the rules that has been voiced by MANY staff (i wont say names) these rules were pushed through in a single day and revised in a few hours. The current staff that play on the server were given a days notice and were never able to voice their opinions. Lets face it, meetings are set up, forum posts are created but there is always a few people who don't show up. this is a great way to ask the community and a great way for staff to see how many people want change. If someone doesn't want change then they should create a post explaining why.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:25 pm

Larhee wrote:
The current staff that play on the server were given a days notice and were never able to voice their opinions.

That's a good joke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Just saying what i heard and was told
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathrine

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:55 pm

I mean to be fair Coront I was never once told about the change till it happened. Not that my opinion carries any weight though lol. I was also in ts a lot leading up to when the rules were changed.

Also I apologize to anyone who actually likes these cancer rules but if you want to vote against the other options go ahead and post a negative. I would also like to know why people like this rule other than the fact you can be a jew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Kathrine wrote:
I mean to be fair Coront I was never once told about the change till it happened. Not that my opinion carries any weight though lol. I was also in ts a lot leading up to when the rules were changed.

Though I have my fair share of complaints with the suitcase rules but, Kathrine, The staff team had a discussion on the 24th of June about the rules and no one really commented on it. so saying "The staff were given a days notice." is just being ignorant about how we were given almost a month to discuss the rules before they were going to get added and whether they seemed stable. But then again you probably don't no-life like me and check the forums almost daily.

http://www.frostburnt.com/t3643-caramelldansen-is-our-savoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathrine

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Okay that whole thing about redoing some of the rules is entirely separate from these rules. That has never even happened yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Kathrine wrote:
I would also like to know why people like this rule-

I'm expecting someone to say "Because we hate baiters and we don't want them anymore." lol.

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
Kathrine

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:15 pm

It's laughable because it makes it easier for "baiters" every time someone drops dead they get to fuck someone up. Yet they want to remove baiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raksho

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Why is there no "Keep current rules" choice?

I think the point of these new rules is to give people a reason to NOT attack each other in town, because if you do have fucking fun getting that case without dieing, which I think is pretty reasonable, "you motherfuckers got a problem settle it outside".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STOPTHISFAGGOTRY

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Cant wait till [/denied] by opsan XDD MEME FUNNY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathrine

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:23 pm

Raksho wrote:
Why is there no "Keep current rules" choice?

I think the point of these new rules is to give people a reason to NOT attack each other in town,  because if you do have fucking fun getting that case without dieing, which I think is pretty reasonable, "you motherfuckers got a problem settle it outside".

First of all read the replies. I apologize I wasn't thinking the poll all the way through and for the second part.. are you fucking serious? These conflicts will often take place IN town and result in a very unnecessary amount of death. As they already have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:53 am

STOPTHISFAGGOTRY wrote:
Spoiler:

[ACCEPTED]

EDIT: This reminds me of when mugging was changed a shit ton and then eventually removed. I'd be all for free PVP if it pertains to an RP interaction, but the game's core mechanics would not mesh well with this as NO ONE WANTS TO LOSE THEIR BIG HUGE COST BIG HUGE ITEMS. When I try to advocate for lower cost items so that PVP can be freer, every PVPer gets all faggoty, and when others advocate for stricter PVP conditions, they still get all faggoty. You can't have one or the other. This server isn't Yummy's playground for harassing little kids and causing a shit storm every twenty minutes.

I don't know what the goal of changing the rules was originally, but there is NO WAY to make this system work without having constant issues. There's no such thing as a unmoderated, persistent, PVP, RP, MMO, flaming asshole deluxe edition game without having there be incessant moderation and babying from staff. Oh wait, no nevermind. There is one. S-zone online, and that game is run by a Russian clan that purposefully PVPs new players into the ground; making them quit on arrival.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
STOPTHISFAGGOTRY

PostSubject: Re: Please change these rules   Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Opsan wrote:
STOPTHISFAGGOTRY wrote:
Spoiler:

[ACCEPTED]

EDIT: This reminds me of when mugging was changed a shit ton and then eventually removed. I'd be all for free PVP if it pertains to an RP interaction, but the game's core mechanics would not mesh well with this as NO ONE WANTS TO LOSE THEIR BIG HUGE COST BIG HUGE ITEMS. When I try to advocate for lower cost items so that PVP can be freer, every PVPer gets all faggoty, and when others advocate for stricter PVP conditions, they still get all faggoty. You can't have one or the other. This server isn't Yummy's playground for harassing little kids and causing a shit storm every twenty minutes.

I don't know what the goal of changing the rules was originally, but there is NO WAY to make this system work without having constant issues. There's no such thing as a unmoderated, persistent, PVP, RP, MMO, flaming asshole deluxe edition game without having there be incessant moderation and babying from staff. Oh wait, no nevermind. There is one. S-zone online, and that game is run by a Russian clan that purposefully PVPs new players into the ground; making them quit on arrival.

I cant wait for resurgence to come out and make more kids mad xd
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Please change these rules
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1