HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should we remove endurance?
Yes
92%
 92% [ 11 ]
No
8%
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:20 pm

So basically, I don't thing that the "Endurance" system in place make much sense, if I was around when the idea was proposed I would of worked against it because quite frankly it's a bad idea. The sudden sleep is immersion breaking and over exaggerated. In real life you only have to sleep once every 14 hours not every 14 minutes, I've never seen it incorporated in to role play once, but I've seen it obstruct it many times. Even if you make a bed, it does't matter because your rag doll falls through it. Sure I may keep in the sleeping just for RP, but the requirement for it and the benefits would be nonexistent.

I would much rather recycle the current endurance database systems and swap it out for something different like Thirst for instance, we have some really good ideas for thirst, such as water bottles which you can fill with water, boil with a deep pot to purify over stoves. Also we wouldn't make it lethal if you run out of thirst, you'll just get severe negative effects on you. It would also create interesting scenarios when a group of people take over a water source and people fight for it.

Also I would change the "Endurance skill" that the Wastelanders have to actually make them more "Enduring", meaning they can take less damage from things and have their hunger and thirst go down slower.  

I'm putting this to a vote to see what everyone else thinks, But don't be mistaken the outcome of the pull won't determine what will happen absolutely, but it will certainly give me some insight on what players want in regards to endurance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Absolutely agree, i normally just suddenly collapse before a raid or when im traveling to someplace In a RP way.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Exactly, you shouldn't have to sleep that often, you already sleep long enough in real life anyways. You won't get wars being fought over places to sleep either, however water sources are a different story. Also sleeping messes with PAC D:<
Back to top Go down
B.A. Baracus

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Yes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:20 pm

I agree with this mostly because I tried convincing you to do this before I became inactive XD

But I don't like the "Enduring" idea. Wastelanders are OP enough as it is.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:53 pm

I could just leave the hole skill alone and it will effect how thirsty they get.
Back to top Go down
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Just make it so that they don't get hungry or thirsty as often. That should work.

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:10 pm

I like the water idea. Although boiling it shouldn't be the only way to purify it. Using UV rays, water filters, and water purifying chemicals or something. If you drink untreated water, it should have the same effect as food, although I would like the food poisoning to a more lethal extent. It also shouldn't be able to take away armor :/

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:37 pm

I agree

Endurance begone and make thirst, and I love the wastelander endure moar thingas. :^)

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:00 am

Well I'm currently working on this, currently I have done this all so far.
+Renamed Endurance to thirst
+Thirst (endurance) doesn't knock you out, but makes your stamina plummet.
+kept sleeping, but it does not effect thirst, so you can still sleep but it doesn't do anything.
+Made several items, empty water bottle, dirty water bottle and purified water.
+Pressing the use key on the water bottle if it's in water will play a sound, print to the player's chat "Water Bottle Filled" and turns the entity in to a bottle of dirty water.
+Dirty water can be consumed, but has the same effect as raw headcrab meat, meaning it can potentially hurt you.
+cultivators can turn the water in to purified water with a deep pot and any stove.
+Can drink water directly form a water source with USE KEY (Still a risk of getting dirty water)
+Increased the time it takes for hunger to go down, Thirst goes down at the current rate of hunger, and unlike hunger is lethal(?)
Anything I'm missing so far?

It's on the server now, so hop on and let me know how it works out.
Back to top Go down
SadPanda

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:33 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
Well I'm currently working on this, currently I have done this all so far.
+Renamed Endurance to thirst
+Thirst (endurance) doesn't knock you out, but makes your stamina plummet.
+kept sleeping, but it does not effect thirst, so you can still sleep but it doesn't do anything.
+Made several items, empty water bottle, dirty water bottle and purified water.
+Pressing the use key on the water bottle if it's in water will play a sound, print to the player's chat "Water Bottle Filled" and turns the entity in to a bottle of dirty water.
+Dirty water can be consumed, but has the same effect as raw headcrab meat, meaning it can potentially hurt you.
+cultivators can turn the water in to purified water with a deep pot and any stove.
+Can drink water directly form a water source with USE KEY (Still a risk of getting dirty water)
+Increased the time it takes for hunger to go down, Thirst goes down at the current rate of hunger, and unlike hunger is lethal(?)
Anything I'm missing so far?

It's on the server now, so hop on and let me know how it works out.
Do you craft the empty bottles or get them as drops? And you should make the melon and orange drinks replenish thirst also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightmare
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Just tested all of the new additions to the server for drinking and everything works flawlessly +100 Lua jamz

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:50 pm

James wins 100 Internets.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:47 pm

SadPanda wrote:

Do you craft the empty bottles or get them as drops? And you should make the melon and orange drinks replenish thirst also.
Donators can craft them, other people have to scavenge for them but they're fairly common. Also, don't worry alcohol replenishes thirst and adds empty bottles to your inventory. I need to revise the crafting requirements though, going to make them require water (obviously it won't matter if it's dirty water or pure water because the alcohol will neutralize bacteria in the water). Still I think if it's made with purified water it should so something better. I still need to revise the other drinks in the gamemode, as of now coffee is sort of useless, lol. Still working out the kinks.
Back to top Go down
SadPanda

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
SadPanda wrote:

Donators can craft them, other people have to scavenge for them but they're fairly common. Also, don't worry alcohol replenishes thirst and adds empty bottles to your inventory. I need to revise the crafting requirements though, going to make them require water (obviously it won't matter if it's dirty water  or pure water because the alcohol will neutralize bacteria in the water). Still I think if it's made with purified water it should so something better. I still need to revise the other drinks in the gamemode, as of now coffee is sort of useless, lol. Still working out the kinks.
Maybe you could make it so that coffee makes it so you can run longer and recover stamina faster for a short period of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)   Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:37 pm

That's what I want to do, and I think I may have just found a way to do that. Need to test it a bit more, though.
Back to top Go down

Remove endurance? (Possibly replace it with thirst?)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1