Evil Gary

PostSubject: Banned Wrong Person?   Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Server:Fallout Decay Role-play Server

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41055672
Your RP Name: Initiate Cruncle

Length of ban: 3 Days
Date of incident: 10/3/17
Time of incident 9:25 KST
Time Zone: KST (Korea Standard Time) (UTC +9)

It started on a normal day on the fallout decay server, I was trying to obtain the Recon Blueprint with white flames I've been hunting for. However I was constantly getting a bug where you cannot access your character menu, so I would have to relog to fix it each time. I was banned for "bringing in a bear to town the combat logging" however I think you may have mistaken the wrong person. I was certainly a fairly large distance away from town, and I did not pick a fight with a bear either. I did not see "You Are In Combat" at the bottom of my HUD either. So I logged back on, so I could actually holster some weapons and armor, when I walk out I see Michael Westen and A new player, Michael was guiding the new player on how to play the game. I asked him a question if "somebody gets killed in MK1 do they drop hard-plates" he said no. as soon as I was about to leave to search for some more Dragurs, I was banned without warning or any confrontation what so ever. I did not aggro a bear before I left so why did I get banned? I was not very close to town either however I was banned. I Believe this ban was on the wrong person, I want to keep playing on this server because I love it, Its wonderful and full of a good community. I want to be a part of the Halloween event and get some white flames, I want to be involved in the community.

Administrator Or Moderator who banned Me: Jeff Belinger (STEAM_0:09204571)
Banned for reason "Combat Logging After Bringing Bear to Town"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Banned Wrong Person?   Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:02 pm

So here's my view of things: someone brings a bear to town, don't get to see exactly who. After the bear is dealt with and has dealt some damage to someone, I go to try to talk to people to see who brought the bear to town. You happened to Disconnect at the very moment im saying: "Whoever brought the bear is better ready their asshole". So you disconnect, leaving me to believe you were the culprit. Bringing a bear to town and disconnecting is Combat Logging because you CAN be killed for doing that.

for those who don't know, We don't have logs of NPCs dealing damage to players. we can see NPCs killing people in chat, but no damage logs as far as I know. I banned you on the thought you were trying to avoid RP punishment

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Gary

PostSubject: Re: Banned Wrong Person?   Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Sorry For The Double Post But I was really far away from the town a good distance closer to oasis by the heading towards the ends of the map. I did not run into the town before I disconnected I believe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Banned Wrong Person?   Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:20 pm

Ok, I was given a bit of shit for this one. It's my fault. I should have investigated a little more before jumping to conclusions. it's just you coincidentally DC'd while I was looking for who brought the bear

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Gary

PostSubject: Re: Banned Wrong Person?   Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:23 pm

To be Honest I dont blame you I did not see from your perspective Its fine
I can see where your coming from to be honest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Banned Wrong Person?   Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:03 pm

+1