HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

General Feedback Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aesop

PostSubject: General Feedback Thread   Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:30 pm

I mean in all sincencerity, since no one seems to have a single brain cell left — unless you’re going to tell me you purposely don’t want to hear feedback bexause your ignorance is total bliss and you’re someone who can’t take critique, I’m going to make this thread for old players who still care about the server and newer players alike.

There’s been a lot of bickering that I’ve seen over looking at the forum the past few days and I can’t really be bothered to care but gross incompetence really bothers me.

Just make a general feedback thread for staff and community issues alike, no one should be scared of negative feedback and no one should try hiding from it. This is how you improve. You learn your ups and your downs and you try fixing them.

I’m sure what to expect from the people who think the way to offset the frequency of conglo drops is to not have them drop items or drop them rarely for what essentially are supposed to be mini bosses, making the player feel pretty alienated, — along with the people who can’t seem to deal with outrage and just try shutting it out, but hey, maybe I’ll be wrong and this won’t get locked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: General Feedback Thread   Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:44 pm

This post feels a lot more inviting. Thank you Aesop.

Can we please keep it as cancer-free as possible, please. Voice your concerns here and please don't start arguments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ching Cha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: General Feedback Thread   Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Meh, I do agree with anchor but I've been picked for something during an event so i can't say anything but ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) fair game physiology ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: General Feedback Thread   Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:31 pm

As a Vet of the Server, I been going on the forums everyday since I first started and I started back in January of 2014. I seen a lot and loved playing (and still love playing sometimes)this gamemode, I know that I barely on anymore. But I keep hearing that staff being "abusive" (what I heard and seen on forums), vets don't want to play since the wipe, new people being rude to old vets and new alike, same as old vets being mean as well. And many more things to list out.

I just want to suggest is this and maybe I might not understand what Aesop wants here. (wanting to say this for a long time)

Players: If you love this gamemode like I do, don't be a minge, don't be a start a war so you can finally kill people that you wanted to kill since day 1, don't be overall just a jerk. Don't be mean to staff and argue back (It will just end worse), and just overall be a person with some common sense. You can roleplay as a mean person (We are a roleplaying server!) if that is what you want to be. This gamemode is not like DayZ or Rust, can't just run around trying to kill people whenever you feel like it. Has to be within reason people.

Veterans: Help out the new players, if it is not your style; teach them what how not to get swindled by doing examples like with a can of beans or what would happened if you see or do this, make some easy quests to get them engage in the server and want to come back more and help out others when they feel like they got it all down. Even roleplay too if you want to! Or just ignore all of this that I said and just do whatever you do (Also I seen some vets do this is that they compain about everything, I for one get tired of that, if you don't like how long Resurgence is taking or how the gamemode is trash, Just leave! That is all there is too it!).

For Staff: If new players are having a hard time and refusing to learn the rules; just say to them that bad things will happen and give them a warning, repeat again and ban them for a day. If they come back and do the same thing, ban longer depending on what they do like massive RDM's or big no no's ban them good. Make good judgements when it comes to making someone staff. (like if the person want to be on staff, do a testing area on how they would defuse situations, how to cooperate with someone who refuses to hear anything, and see if they can handle it being on staff)

Just some of my feedback and you can disregard everything I say if you want too. I just wanted to say this again for a very long time. Have a good Halloween and see you whenever I get out there in the wastelands, wastelanders!

Mathew -Lone Scout

Last edited by mathew95597 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: General Feedback Thread   Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Mike Nespo wrote:
This post feels a lot more inviting. Thank you Aesop.

Can we please keep it as cancer-free as possible, please. Voice your concerns here and please don't start arguments

Arguments are how you expand your avenues, friend. Don't be afraid of contention. Expel needless toxicity, not arguments.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightmare
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: General Feedback Thread   Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 pm

mathew95597 wrote:
As a Vet of the Server, I been going on the forums everyday since I first started and I started back in January of 2014. I seen a lot and loved playing (and still love playing sometimes)this gamemode, I know that I barely on anymore. But I keep hearing that staff being "abusive" (what I heard and seen on forums), vets don't want to play since the wipe, new people being rude to old vets and new alike, same as old vets being mean as well. And many more things to list out.

I just want to suggest is this and maybe I might not understand what Aesop wants here. (wanting to say this for a long time)

Players: If you love this gamemode like I do, don't be a minge, don't be a start a war so you can finally kill people that you wanted to kill since day 1, don't be overall just a jerk. Don't be mean to staff and argue back (It will just end worse), and just overall be a person with some common sense. You can roleplay as a mean person (We are a roleplaying server!) if that is what you want to be. This gamemode is not like DayZ or Rust, can't just run around trying to kill people whenever you feel like it. Has to be within reason people.

Veterans: Help out the new players, if it is not your style; teach them what how not to get swindled by doing examples like with a can of beans or what would happened if you see or do this, make some easy quests to get them engage in the server and want to come back more and help out others when they feel like they got it all down. Even roleplay too if you want to! Or just ignore all of this that I said and just do whatever you do (Also I seen some vets do this is that they compain about everything, I for one get tired of that, if you don't like how long Resurgence is taking or how the gamemode is trash, Just leave! That is all there is too it!).

For Staff: If new players are having a hard time and refusing to learn the rules; just say to them that bad things will happen and give them a warning, repeat again and ban them for a day. If they come back and do the same thing, ban longer depending on what they do like massive RDM's or big no no's ban them good. Make good judgements when it comes to making someone staff. (like if the person want to be on staff, do a testing area on how they would defuse situations, how to cooperate with someone who refuses to hear anything, and see if they can handle it being on staff)

Just some of my feedback and you can disregard everything I say if you want too. I just wanted to say this again for a very long time. Have a good Halloween and see you whenever I get out there in the wastelands, wastelanders!

+1
This is what the forums are for.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: General Feedback Thread   Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:23 am

Moved this here because it would be more fitting.

Because of limitations in the framework of PostnukeRP of which Fallout: Decay is built on, the gamemode was made with the intention of being a coop/roleplay style gamemode (hence why it was named "Post Nuke Role Play). I played on PNRP while it was being developed from 2009 and for the longest time there were was no PVP whatsoever. Systems that supported it were added on towards the end of its development, but never fully designed or fleshed out because interest in developing PNRP was eventually lost.

Then the gamemode was released in that state, and ever since, it's been a struggle trying to account for when it is and isn't acceptable for a player to be killed and lose their items. There just is no acceptable middle ground to be found and there are too many playstyles the gamemode is attempting to adhere too, and it just can't support it.

From what I can see the limiting of PVP related rules is an attempt to target a more specific audience, which is to say, the more coop/roleplay oriented players, which is understandable considering its much more sustainable in the long run, a lot easier to administrate, and more popular for most players.

Fallout: Decay is a small Gmod server with no active developer and a max player count of 40. Yes, it has a long history and yes it has a lot of unique systems, but it's not the end all be all game that ever is or ever will be. Compromises must be made to ensure longevity, the staff are unpaid volunteers and while it's a shame that this focus of a specific target audience leaves many players in the dark as it can no longer support their playstyle (referring to PVP focused players), it's proven to be too much for this small server running a gamemode that wasn't even built to fully support PVP in the first place. it's pretty evident that it's just not sustainable when the only way to viably PVP is by baiting people into initiating combat with you.

Personally, I don't think it's possible for any game with such a reliance on complicated rules to support PVP, but I like PVP in games, I feel it can add a certain agency that isn't possible when fighting NPCs, this is the main reason I'm not working on Decay anymore. This is the main reason why I'm working on a new gamemode from scratch that has no rules.

My point is that the server was unsustainable because it needed focus, but there is no possible way to make everyone happy and if the focus was shifted more towards PVP, all of the roleplay/coop players would be just as upset as the PVP players are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: General Feedback Thread   Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:36 am

We try not to cater to one side of the game but your right bizz. There isn't really much af a middle ground for people and the reality of it is the majority of the people really don't pvp so it's hard to make rules in the middle because no matter what we do one side will not be happy.

Here is what I have been saying for a long time. You have your own play style and I respect it 100% but it's a different story when your play style ruins other people's play style and I also understand " It's a wasteland not a safe land" Yes it's the truth but when your PVP play styles affect the other people to a point of them leaving it's just not good. We respect all players on the server and we are even trying to think of middle ground rules but it's near to impossible.

Thank you to Matthew as well! You basically summed up what I was originally going to say here and Matthew has a point. You don't necessarily need to kill people just because "Hey I want that guy's shoes" because it really does ruin the game when someone grinds for 2 weeks to get armor then they lose it in 20 seconds but I understand that's how the game works but there are ways to move around stuff like that.

Also to opsan, I know we should embrace arguments but you know where they end up sometimes. I should have worded it a bit better I suppose.

Sorry for the poor grammar and the other spelling mistakes I typed this on my phone
Back to top Go down
View user profile

General Feedback Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1