HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Mut Fruit....No.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Walsey Moo

PostSubject: Mut Fruit....No.....   Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Welp, the only thing people could do to get chem-rich fast without having to worry about other big factions is gone...
Time to hide in a box and eat melons...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:31 pm

It's a rule that is staying. I have noticed it way to much that people are using mut fruit just to break them down for chems without being raiding is clearly exploiting the rule that says plants are not raidable so for now until we come up with a solution it stays this way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DragonDescent

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:51 pm

correct me if I am wrong but isn't that like saying people who grow melons are exploiting the same rule since the melons can be sold, or is it something completely different because you have to talk to someone to get the profit rather than get 5 salvaging and getting profit alone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Melons are fine cause it requires a third party buying it. Mutfruits aren't because you can get rich quick and there is no risk involved and it doesn't rely on others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:37 am

I can honestly say from all my playtime on this server I don't think i've seen a single ghoul use mut fruit as a supplement for food/rads. I've only seen it getting farmed for the breakdown value lmao.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:30 am

Thats not my opinion on the issue btw, just me explaining the point of view.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:51 am

I've been a ghoul for more than a year and I've never used mut fruits because stimpacks are like 8 million times better (and cheaper), basically, the only purpose for mut fruit was chems and now they are even more useless.

EDIT: I also wanna add that irradiated water and rad pits do a better job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walsey Moo

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:19 am

Welp, Might as well get rid of orange plants also, since no one buys then and they have no use anymore..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:07 am

We are not going to get rid of orange plants because you cant abuse them anymore... Until we come up with a fix to the mutfruit problem just stay away from farming them for chems. I will speak to Bizz and Nightmare about a fix for this. It will most likely end up being that mutfruit breaks down for 0 of each no matter salvage level to prevent people from exploiting it. Plus, why are all of you somewhat upset about this... It's an obvious exploit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:12 am

For years now Mutfruit has been out there and no one has cared, so what makes the difference now?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:24 am

The difference is that people abuse it now. When it was around then people never did... but I am sure people did do it then but it was probably extremely small that it went un noticed. Now its clearly a problem because I have personally noticed that people are making hundreds and even thousands of them without a threat of a raid or loss of items. Also, the server recently wiped so we don't want the economy to get worse than it already is.

I don't get it... Just grub. Get a lot of members in your faction or join a faction and get geared and grub. I also understand that grubbing is extremely risky and could potentially end in you losing everything but its apart of the game and its meant to be that way. It's meant to be high risk-high reward while mut fruit farming is no risk high reward. It just breaks the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 am

Cultivator can still be a valid class to make profit, guys.
Now you just needs lots of initial resources and a shitton of grubs if you ever hope to make any
resources, just like the old days. Hopefully a big faction won't notice you!
Or you could open up a cultivator shop and make next-to-nothing.
I already know one cultivator that's going to switch classes because of this fix,
wouldn't doubt there'll be more.
I just hope there'll be some when I switch classes, but everyone is either going to be a scavver, waster,
scientist, or engineer, making bank for themselves.
I would suggest there needs to be another way for Cultivators to make resources, seeing as they're the
poorest class by a long shot, (*cough* Like raising brahmin or something *cough*) but with Bizz
working on resurgence, I wouldn't expect any changes to come to the cultivator.
Here's to the die-hard cultivators that aren't going to be switching classes.

Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:13 pm

The truth about cultivators is relatively straight forward. They don't make much at all and I understand that, but we aren't going to make the cultivators the most OP class because they can get 40k chems in a week without any threat at all. If people are quitting their jobs as cultivators because they can't exploit the mut fruit system then that just sucks for them.

Oranges are useless at the moment since they cant be exploited anymore and I will try to get an update pushed to make them more efficient to make up for this. Please, no more complaining about how this is "unfair" because it really isn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:38 pm

I was starting as a cultivator and I didnt knew lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nico13x
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Mike Nespo wrote:
It's an obvious exploit.

As much as I don't care about this post, if its an exploit, then why are you able to break them down for a chem? I mean, if it WAS an exploit, people would be reporting it, right? And I'm pretty sure Bizzclaw had it set to give you one chem every time you break down one with lvl 5 salvage (I think) for a reason.

the return of an angry child:

good job:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072923291#
Larhee

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Mike wrote:
The difference is that people abuse it now. When it was around then people never did...

Uhhhhh, Johann liebert? Ruby rose would be on for HOURS farming those things. This isn't some new thing at all. Before him there were others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Howitser
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:29 am

Its just a plant for god sakes just go scavange and break things down. Work like every other player till you get a group to help defend a base and grub or mine. Nespo also  has a point it was fine when it wasnt heavily used just to bypass getting raided but since everyone has started doing it. It removes the risk of doing a get rich quick scheme its all reward and no risk, It seems unfair to those in the community that enjoy rping as bandits/raiders
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:52 am

Howister wrote:
but since everyone has started doing it.

Not trying to start shit, just looking at their point of view. Two people is not everyone. And very little people in the bandit/raider group see it as unfair. I agree with the reward no risk tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EliasBurning
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:27 am

grub you pussies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Mike Nespo wrote:
The truth about cultivators is relatively straight forward. They don't make much at all and I understand that, but we aren't going to make the cultivators the most OP class because they can get 40k chems in a week without any threat at all. If people are quitting their jobs as cultivators because they can't exploit the mut fruit system then that just sucks for them.

Oranges are useless at the moment since they cant be exploited anymore and I will try to get an update pushed to make them more efficient to make up for this. Please, no more complaining about how this is "unfair" because it really isn't.

I wasn't complaining about the removal of this process.
I was complaining about how weak the cultivator is, just like I have been for years.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mut Fruit....No.....   

Back to top Go down

Mut Fruit....No.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Suggestions/Bugs/Technical-
Jump to: