HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 
 

 Question about the new rule.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DragonDescent

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2017-04-08

PostSubject: Question about the new rule.   Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:21 pm

The rule I am referring to: [5] Using Mutfruit as an alternative for grubbing is considered to be exploiting. In other words, using mut fruits and breaking them down for chems is not allowed.

I have almost no clue how hard it is to change what you get when broken down something but why not just make it so you get nothing when it is broken down instead of it just being a rule and people getting banned for not noticing the new rule when they log in and then proceeding to break down mut-fruit and get in trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager
avatar

Posts : 538
Join date : 2014-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Question about the new rule.   Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:34 pm

There isn't anything to worry about. If you log on and if you are caught farming mut fruit just to break it down then expect to be banned. Because no one should be doing that regardless. The point of mut fruits is for ghouls to have a source of food and radiation but it's being used as a substitute as non raidable grubs and yes there is definitely a way to fix it which there will most likely be a fix but for now that rules stays in place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

avatar

Posts : 238
Join date : 2015-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Question about the new rule.   Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Even better mak mutfruit raidables if thats the case.

__________________________
Phamel Being Phamel:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2013-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Question about the new rule.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:09 am

LejonSnax wrote:
Even better mak mutfruit raidables if thats the case.

Then cultivators (Which don't happen to be very equipped) will have to fend off raiders for feeding ghouls?
Why would cultivators want to do that when ghouls don't even buy mutfruit/whiskey? (Even when you offer every ghoul in a mile radius)

__________________________
RPname: Kav Nayden
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager
avatar

Posts : 538
Join date : 2014-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Question about the new rule.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:07 pm

Making mut fruit raidable is an option but it's most likely not going to happen. We can simply just make mut fruit break down for nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2014-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Question about the new rule.   Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:55 am

Mike wrote:
We can simply just make mut fruit break down for nothing.

Although this is an option, and im just looking at this from a dif perspective. I think this is definitely a way to play the game, and I would hate for a decent sized group of everyday players to feel as if their voice doesn't matter. There should definitely be a way for these people to get chems without grubbing or scavenging. I recommend the miner like option i said earlier in another post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSnake

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2016-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Question about the new rule.   Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:12 am

Larhee wrote:
Mike wrote:
We can simply just make mut fruit break down for nothing.

Although this is an option, and im just looking at this from a dif perspective. I think this is definitely a way to play the game, and I would hate for a decent sized group of everyday players to feel as if their voice doesn't matter. There should definitely be a way for these people to get chems without grubbing or scavenging. I recommend the miner like option i said earlier in another post.
I agree with Larhee, it should be like miners where they are unraidable if they are for public use. Different play-styles should be encouraged, not banned(in my opinion).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about the new rule.   Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:17 am

Well, this "different" play style is fucking abuse. why? I'll show you exactly why. say you been mutfruiting for an hour, you made about 350 chems. someone finally comes to you and knows you're mutfruiting, now he DEMANDS you give him chems because its a public mutfruiting base and you give him like a cheap as fuck amount (let's say 10). the guy is NOT happy, he becomes belligerent because he KNOWS for a fact you made more than that and he wants more because you're being a cheapskate. he doesn't let go until you give him at least 50 chems.

there will be nothing you can do because technically, he's in his right to be angry. there's no control over how much you'll be giving to players who will come to your door and fucking demand you to give them chemicals and I know for a fact you guys will be cheaping out on chems every time you can whenever the question is raised and you'll be saying you "don't have much chems" while the actual fact is you made about 1k chems in the time you were mutfruiting.

because there is no actual control over what you will be giving out, making mutfruiting the same as miners are essentially IMPOSSIBLE because, unlike miners, who drop a unit of scrap or small part, this drops a mutfruit that you HAVE to break down for chems. Also, and I'm knowing you will probably say this: "I CAN JUST GIVE HIM MUTFRUIT FOR HIM TO BREAK DOWN HURR DURR". NOT SO FAST, BUSTER. sure, you can give him mutfruit, but to anyone with less than 5 levels in salvaging, this is literally useless and you will be counting on this fact to get away with not giving out chems to people.

if you say im wrong, then you're a hypocrite.

__________________________
Gyro count highscore: 5
You saw a chemical bin? WHERE!?!?!?!?!!!!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DragonDescent

avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2017-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about the new rule.   Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:47 am

Jeff Belinger wrote:
Well, this "different" play style is fucking abuse. why? I'll show you exactly why. say you been mutfruiting for an hour, you made about 350 chems. someone finally comes to you and knows you're mutfruiting, now he DEMANDS you give him chems because its a public mutfruiting base and you give him like a cheap as fuck amount (let's say 10). the guy is NOT happy, he becomes belligerent because he KNOWS for a fact you made more than that and he wants more because you're being a cheapskate. he doesn't let go until you give him at least 50 chems.

there will be nothing you can do because technically, he's in his right to be angry. there's no control over how much you'll be giving to players who will come to your door and fucking demand you to give them chemicals and I know for a fact you guys will be cheaping out on chems every time you can whenever the question is raised and you'll be saying you "don't have much chems" while the actual fact is you made about 1k chems in the time you were mutfruiting.

because there is no actual control over what you will be giving out, making mutfruiting the same as miners are essentially IMPOSSIBLE because, unlike miners, who drop a unit of scrap or small part, this drops a mutfruit that you HAVE to break down for chems. Also, and I'm knowing you will probably say this: "I CAN JUST GIVE HIM MUTFRUIT FOR HIM TO BREAK DOWN HURR DURR". NOT SO FAST, BUSTER. sure, you can give him mutfruit, but to anyone with less than 5 levels in salvaging, this is literally useless and you will be counting on this fact to get away with not giving out chems to people.

if you say im wrong, then you're a hypocrite.  

Isnt this like completly wrong, if someone has a public miner I cant just tell them to give me resources

EDIT: I dont think since you make chems you would have to give anyone the chems because what you are actually farming is the mut fruit/oranges
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about the new rule.   Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:34 pm

the point is that its abuse and you're not allowed to do it anymore. period. finished. game over, you're fucking done.

__________________________
Gyro count highscore: 5
You saw a chemical bin? WHERE!?!?!?!?!!!!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSnake

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2016-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Question about the new rule.   Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
the point is that its abuse and you're not allowed to do it anymore. period. finished. game over, you're fucking done.
You need to calm down man, the community is just giving input on their thoughts on the change. We can't really do much if the new administration considers this abuse, but we have a right to disagree with their decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Question about the new rule.   

Back to top Go down
 
Question about the new rule.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: