HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grub

PostSubject: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:26 am

I believe the server should remove orange plants since now, essentially, their only purpose is gone. No one actually uses orange plants for the food since orange plants give food at a slow rate and the food itself gives not to much water. Why would anyone even think of using 400 chems to make a plant that gives almost nothing when you can just save up a bit more resources to make a watermelon plant that pumps out food like it's nothing. Honestly, making it an "exploit" to break down mutfruit for resources is one of the most absurd rules I have seen since playing this server.

P.S. No one wants to buy a fucking orange for 1 scrap, let alone 1 chem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:57 am

I'm sorry but it irritates me that people are reacting somewhat poorly to this new rule. We won't be getting rid of the orange plant because it inconveniences you because you cant abuse its function to make mutfruit which break down for chems which is a substitute to grubs, Without getting raided. Which is clearly exploitation. I will, however, speak to Bizz and Nightmare about making oranges give a bit more food and possibly a quicker rate of growth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 am

It does not inconvenience me, it makes me question the purpose of orange plants. As they stand now, orange plants lag the server. From what I see, admins/mods believe the server to be lagging 24/7 so why not reduce the lag along with getting rid of a needless entity?

Let's be honest bb, do you use orange plants, I think not. Everyone likes them plump thicc melons.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:16 am

I don't use the orange plant. In fact, in my 4 years of playing, I have been every class besides cultivator lol. Anyway, I apologize if my post came out to be kind of dickish but it kind of annoys me that people are getting upset that they cant exploit a system. I understand what you are saying about oranges being useless and I will try to bring that up to see how we can make them work better. For now just be patient for a fix, please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:06 am

Mike Nespo wrote:
I don't use the orange plant. In fact, in my 4 years of playing, I have been every class besides cultivator lol.

I can imagine lots of players have done the same. Up until recently, there was nothing to be accomplished as a cultivator.
There isn't enough profit, and you can get food elsewhere. Cultivators fill a hole that doesn't exist.

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:07 am

>Cultivators fill a hole that doesn't exist.
This is just about right. there's never any cultivators on when you need one, but when you don't, there's about 6 or so.

also, it has been a wanted feature on the server to be able to cook things by placing it on top of a fire to have them cooked at its minimal state, but then everyone would do it, removing the use of cultivators and bringing wars on privatizing fireplaces. That feature will NEVER be implemented as far as im knowledgeable and if it would be, I believe it should be exclusive to cultivators.

also about cultivators not making money, its because the food is so damn fucking expensive to cook, players expect to have bare minimal prices from cultivators that they forget about merchant's primary concern: PROFIT MARGINS. I believe a REWORK of the cultivator should be made in the future for it to become more viable source of income

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:54 am

If the real problem is that they get profit with no risk then add the risk: They can be raidable, done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Making plants raidable is not necessary at all that will only make it harder for cultivators. We can simply make it so it doesn't break down for anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Don't need to make plants raid-able, just those producing mutfruit, use the same system as miners. simple as that. If they are producing mutfruit behind closed doors, well then they are eligible for raiding. I don't see a need for making oranges any better or removing mutfruit chem farming all together, this is a quick fix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DragonDescent

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:42 pm

I agree with larhee on making it go by the same system as miners
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:20 am

DragonDescent wrote:

Why though? Just grub then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Mike Nespo wrote:
DragonDescent wrote:

20 supersonic miners - I sleep
2 grubs - REAL SHIT? "/y raid"

DragonDescent

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Mike Nespo wrote:
DragonDescent wrote:

If a person does not want to get raided are forced to share, this way of playing I see if mostly for those who want to avoid conflict with other but still want to gain resources. While if you grub you are run the risk of losing what you worked for and you also lose the entire play style of avoiding conflict with others. However in the end if you really wanted the no conflict play style you could just stick to scavenging. Its just that oranges gives an option for non-conflict as a cultivator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ricey

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.   Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:56 pm

This makes me wonder moreso what's coming for the cultivator and what exactly will be done to it soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Suggestion: Removal of Orange plants.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: