HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 
 

 Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

should case drops and item chances be the same for everyone?
Yes
61%
 61% [ 14 ]
No
39%
 39% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 23
 

AuthorMessage
Wendy Walsh

avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2016-05-24

PostSubject: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:20 pm

In my experience the current ways of how the case drops and scavenging drop chances are broken in the fact that raiders and conglos have a higher drop chance for characters who have no levels in skills versus characters who have levels in skills.

Hear is the problem, If you have a fully leveled character and you cant get good items from raiders or conglos whats really the point of using your main character to kill them?
There is no point. Just create a alt and use a character with no points in skills to make extreme profits from raiders in a day.

"But how do you make profit from a character that isn't your main?"-Dumbass

Well its simple- Give some stuff from your main to your alt using a friend to transfer stuff over. Things like these would include- A car, some guns, Cheap armor such as Midwestern power armor and Ammo, meds, basically anything you use constantly.

Once you have farmed on your alt all day use the crappy armor, guns, ammo you have acquired and transfer it to your main to break down with max salvaging and make insane profit. Of course this doesn't take into account the Hardplates, mk1, and m82's you can acquire from conglos with your alt as well because this same rule applies with conglos.

Honestly this system based on the players skill level does not work and should be changed as soon as possible.

Your's truly Olivia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198118199858/
Jeff Belinger
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1015
Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:05 am

as far as im knowledgeable, this is absolutely not true. you are just being unlucky and super saltcore.

__________________________
Gyro count highscore: 5
You saw a chemical bin? WHERE!?!?!?!?!!!!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SpeedyXBL

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2017-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:11 am

Jeff Belinger wrote:
as far as im knowledgeable, this is absolutely not true. you are just being unlucky and super saltcore.

actually no. i honestly don't think it's just being unlucky. i've seen the same shit happen to me. my main has all his levels nearly maxed and has been getting shit all from scavenging and case drops. on the other hand, my alt has been swimming in money with no xp put into any skills. someone should seriously fix this, cause it is a big problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:46 am

Its suposed to be like this... so noob people can start by getting big money and veterans by having better skills but in exchange for less stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kevin5000

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:49 am

I made an alt account just to test this a few days ago, whacked 2-3 raider veterans in the face with a rebar maul, got a combat shotgun. They should really make the drop chances equal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velorio

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:49 am

ManlyTears wrote:
Its suposed to be like this... so noob people can start by getting big money and veterans by having better skills but in exchange for less stuff.

Big money? You serious dude? When I started as a noob i played the game with all seriousness, i didnt know what is rare and what is not, I looked at it as it would be realistic, and as such I salvaged fkng cane, golf club, thinking that they are just shitty common items like they are in original Fallouts, sold wheel for 15ea. So yeah, big money.

I also find myself enjoying playing on my alt more then main, because its more rewarding, I use my main now only for storing resources and stuff.

Now think about it, if players enjoy playing as 0 level characters more then they do playing maxed out characters, something is wrong with leveling system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:01 am

Boy, im talking about raiders what does it have to do with selling stuff and being dumb?
Also leveling does something if you dont see it you dont really know what are you doing buddy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velorio

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:38 am

ManlyTears wrote:
Boy, im talking about raiders what does it have to do with selling stuff and being dumb?
Also leveling does something if you dont see it you dont really know what are you doing buddy.

Dumb?! Well my apologies that I didn't read nonexisting guide for noobs on what items are rare and what you should or shouldn't do.

And how should I know you were talking about raiders .. I find what you wrote pretty general. Neverthless, raiders/scavenging whats the fkng difference you'll get less stuff, more leveled up you are, that's it. And that's one fucked up system.

It does do something, true, it's not worth it tho, if you'll loose ability to get better items. I am not going to repeat myself. So open this thread and read second spoiler I've broken it down for ya'll smartasses.

http://www.frostburnt.com/t4138-erase-my-skillz-or-change-scavenging-system#33434

Also I have one last question, is it requirement for FF staff to be ignorant, arrogant and rude? Moderator denies a problem, other one insults player for being new. Fucking A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:43 am

This situation was already talked about LOOOONG ago it wasnt a problem then it aint a problem now.

EDIT: I will answer this correctly when I get home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velorio

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:11 am

ManlyTears wrote:
This situation was already talked about LOOOONG ago it wasnt a problem then it aint a problem now.

EDIT: I will answer this correctly when I get home.

Waited for your "proper" response till now, no update.

"It ain't problem now"? Are you serious? Or are you just that lazy to properly think about the subject a little?
People bitching about loot system that farming on proper main acc. isnt worth it because it is leveled up and they want good items. So they log onto alt accounts, farm on them for the whole day, then they ask their m8 to transfer resources and items to their main, which they are basically using as storage and merchant unit at this point, roam around as main char. for a while, and then repeat the process. While realising that only class skills and salvage skill are worth it.

I get it, you want to make playing easier for noobs, make guides/improve content database or something. Don't stint your older players from more rewarding loot system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33 am

Ok let's start this:

Velorio wrote:
I also find myself enjoying playing on my alt more then main, because its more rewarding, I use my main now only for storing resources and stuff.

Now think about it, if players enjoy playing as 0 level characters more then they do playing maxed out characters, something is wrong with leveling system.

I enjoy playing on my main because I got better skills, and they DO something, you barely touched the game and you already complain about skills doing anything, let's talk about it:

ATHLETICS: Faster movement against NPCS, better stamina, and better movement in a PVP situation.
SCAVENGING: If you don't see the difference when you scavenge at level 0 and level 6 I don't know what to tell you buddy.
SALVAGING: The amount you get when you break down stuff is sooo rewarding when you level this skill up, you get so much money when you use it with armors, misc, guns, ammo...
STRENGTH: You level it up = more melee damage, easier and quick to kill NPC's.
WEAPON HANDLING: Try shooting with a MAC11 with 0 weapon handling, then level it up to max and check the difference, nearly all shots are straight = better pve, better pvp.

Now for class skills I know nothing cause I only play Wastelander but Endurance should be a better skill now that NPC's have changed.

And about farming with level 0 characters, as I said: You may get more stuff (RAIDER WISE) because it suposed to help noobs, you get less stuff as a high level character because you have mooore ways of farming and getting money and they are more rewardable than just killing raiders.

Velorio wrote:
Dumb?! Well my apologies that I didn't read nonexisting guide for noobs on what items are rare and what you should or shouldn't do.

If you have a problem with that just ask people how much things are worth, I don't even know how much are items and I don't have a problem, there's rules to read, people to ask, factions to join, nearly everyone can help you, if you can't think enough and look for ways to understand the system why is that OUR problem, it's your problem, also it takes less than a day to know what the server is about.

Velorio wrote:
And how should I know you were talking about raiders .. I find what you wrote pretty general. Neverthless, raiders/scavenging whats the fkng difference you'll get less stuff, more leveled up you are, that's it. And that's one fucked up system.

Don't jump into conclusions that quickly, I can see your mad but you could've ask instead of being so agressive...
It ain't a fucked up system, it's supose to get HARDER and you get the support of skills, it's the WASTELAND it's S U P O S E to be HARDER, how many times people need to understand such a thing? You want items fast/quick/and easy? ...

Velorio wrote:
Also I have one last question, is it requirement for FF staff to be ignorant, arrogant and rude? Moderator denies a problem, other one insults player for being new. Fucking A.

I already answered this on the first part, it isn't an insult it's a way that people choose because they don't want to work on how to play the server, not even reading the rules, then stuff happens and they get mad....

Velorio wrote:
It ain't problem now"? Are you serious? Or are you just that lazy to properly think about the subject a little?
People bitching about loot system that farming on proper main acc. isnt worth it because it is leveled up and they want good items. So they log onto alt accounts, farm on them for the whole day, then they ask their m8 to transfer resources and items to their main, which they are basically using as storage and merchant unit at this point, roam around as main char. for a while, and then repeat the process. While realising that only class skills and salvage skill are worth it

We talked about the subject sooo long ago, you know what happened? Raiders used to drop cases 100% and people were making 10k every day, and I can support this by saying that I almost made 100k just killing raiders, I don't think that's balanced and the skill base system works pretty well for it's purpose.

Velorio wrote:
Waited for your "proper" response till now, no update.

I go to college, I have stuff to do, not everything is this server in my life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velorio

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 am

Why would I even use MAC ... if I can easily solo 2guard conglo drop as lvl. 0, I ask again, what's the point of leveling up.

I can see you are not reading what I am writing so I'll give you one last fact question, that should be easier to read and understand.

Is it really a way of wasteland that more experienced you are, less stuff you get? Is that a proper way?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:49 am

Velorio wrote:
Is it really a way of wasteland that more experienced you are, less stuff you get? Is that a proper way?

Do you even understand that KILLING RAIDERS is not the ONLY WAY of FARMING?

KILLING RAIDERS it's suposed to be for NOOBS, that's why they don't drop shit to VETERANS, by that, NOOBS couldn't even FARM because VETERANS will be farming RAIDERS all the TIME, it's REALLY EASY to farm them, that's why when you are a VETERAN you SHOULD go BIGGER and try out diferent ways of FARMING which are more profitable for VETERANS.

Have you ever tried:

Grubs, mining, raiding, scamming, gambling, selling ammo/guns/armor/food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velorio

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:25 am

ManlyTears wrote:

Do you even understand that KILLING RAIDERS is not the ONLY WAY of FARMING?

KILLING RAIDERS it's suposed to be for NOOBS, that's why they don't drop shit to VETERANS, by that, NOOBS couldn't even FARM because VETERANS will be farming RAIDERS all the TIME, it's REALLY EASY to farm them, that's why when you are a VETERAN you SHOULD go BIGGER and try out diferent ways of FARMING which are more profitable for VETERANS.

Have you ever tried:

Grubs, mining, raiding, scamming, gambling, selling ammo/guns/armor/food.

You got lost in the subject brother Very Happy
You centered yourself on raiders, but this is much broader issue. (Btw Scavenging car wrecks is the same thing. It's easiest way of farming, but you get more in the end as noob) This is alt accounts and rare stuff issue(combat shotties, canes, barets, easier heavy platings) who cares about resources, we are talking about rare items you get from scavenging as a noob, that you cannot get as veteran.
Old players are making no level newbie accounts to farm raiders, cars, barels so they'll get rare goodies. And in the end impact is that noobs dont kill raiders because they dont know how/arent equiped for it/they get killed by "veterans", old players on alt accounts kill em all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 am

Velorio wrote:
You got lost in the subject brother Very Happy
You centered yourself on raiders, but this is much broader issue. (Btw Scavenging car wrecks is the same thing. It's easiest way of farming, but you get more in the end as noob) This is alt accounts and rare stuff issue(combat shotties, canes, barets, easier heavy platings) who cares about resources, we are talking about rare items you get from scavenging as a noob, that you cannot get as veteran.
Old players are making no level newbie accounts to farm raiders, cars, barels so they'll get rare goodies. And in the end impact is that noobs dont kill raiders because they dont know how/arent equiped for it/they get killed by "veterans", old players on alt accounts kill em all.

EDIT: I'm gonna edit what I said so it's clear.

The only thing that your level has an impact in, is RAIDERS, that's why I was always talking about raiders, your SCAVENGE level only increases your chances on getting even rarer stuff, so I don't know what are you talking about because you are in the wrong right here, have you even test it out? Bro, the description for the skill says that as you level it up, your change is higher (This is only for scavenging).
About raiders, the only chance is to drop the case, not the item in it, all the items have the same % for everybody dude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velorio

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:35 pm

ManlyTears wrote:

EDIT: I'm gonna edit what I said so it's clear.

The only thing that your level has an impact in, is RAIDERS, that's why I was always talking about raiders, your SCAVENGE level only increases your chances on getting even rarer stuff, so I don't know what are you talking about because you are in the wrong right here, have you even test it out? Bro, the description for the skill says that as you level it up, your change is higher (This is only for scavenging).
About raiders, the only chance is to drop the case, not the item in it, all the items have the same % for everybody dude.

Well that's not what we were told, other admin told us that it affects scavenging altogether. And I am keen to believing him/her because I got more rare items from scavenging as level 0 in 1 day, then I did as level 6 scavenger scavenging for the whole week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:37 pm

Velorio wrote:
Well that's not what we were told, other admin told us that it affects scavenging altogether. And I am keen to believing him/her because I got more rare items from scavenging as level 0 in 1 day, then I did as level 6 scavenger scavenging for the whole week.

If you think so, then keep it like that, but I'm telling you.
It will not change because it affects nothing that you say, only case drops, and I told you the reason for case drops, thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Waylon_

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:27 pm

The loot should be dropped even. Yet does the case drop affect conglo cases too?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:29 pm

Telion wrote:
The loot should be dropped even. Yet does the case drop affect conglo cases too?!

I guess you are blind, everybody has the same CHANCE FOR ITEMS, but not the same for RAIDER CASES THAT'S WHY SOMETIMES THEY DON'T DROP IT, it only works for that for fucks sake who told you this bullshit????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Waylon_

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Damn Manly boi, all I asked was a question mang.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Ok im going to make this clear so you don't need to read all of this:

Skills only apply to a chance on Raider cases, nothing else, not scavenging, not anything else, that's why you don't get the case all the time, I don't know who is this admin that is telling everybody that skills affect on your % on items but that does nothing, everybody has the same % on items.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 171
Join date : 2014-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:46 pm

manly wrote:
Skills only apply to a chance on Raider cases, nothing else, not scavenging, not anything else, that's why you don't get the case all the time, I don't know who is this admin that is telling everybody that skills affect on your % on items but that does nothing, everybody has the same % on items.

This is correct
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wendy Walsh

avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2016-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:48 pm

ManlyTears I think your argument i flawed because you say that the higher your skills the less items you and case drops you get. Its dumb because if my chances for getting a case are lower the higher my skills are (I have a fully leveled character and get 1/10 case drops) then in that case i have no reason to kill raiders right? WRONG- What i did was make a ALT character with ZERO STATS and i got a case from raiders almost constantly. Once my inventory or my locker was full I transferred the raider gear over and got over 4000 Each in only a couple HOURS which is much better than scavenging even with max stats.

If you couldn't process that i will make my arguement real simple- Rare items like combat shotguns should not spawn for lvl 0 characters. You act like making a alt character is less profitable than scavenging and on that point your just wrong. Honestly ManlyTears if you think your so right and correct on the situation maybe you should try my methods for yourself before you make opinion like these defending a flawed and exploitable system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198118199858/
Larhee
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 171
Join date : 2014-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Wendy, go ahead and do what your doing but the reason for the cases not dropping to much is cause we expect our players to want a more challenging system in the conglos that reward much better. And from what i can remember combat shotties dont drop.

Anyways, It is meant to dissuade vet players from killing all the easy npc's and leave some for the little guy. At least that's my interpretation of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velorio

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)   Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:30 pm

Larhee wrote:
we expect our players to want a more challenging system.


That's the problem, you don't expect stuff on the internet, you either make it happen that way or wont touch it at all. It˙s all utopiic and all, sounds really beautiful, but as your colleague said, this is wasteland it's harsh, stuff won't happen just because you expect it to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Scavenging and case drops are broken (only farm on a alt)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» In Case of Collapse of Civilization Break Glass
» Monsters that drop Elite clues
» Original SoD Lost Episode 2 broken secret door puzzle
» Looking for Epic Items::
» Broken Sword 2.5 to Release in English

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: