HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gershio

PostSubject: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:52 am

I understand it's recharging ammo is balanced by its low damage but goddamn is it actually awful. Like my dick actually hurts every time I shoot it.

In all forms of multiplayer video games a gun/character/attack that is too low damage is never used. The Recharger Weapons are so bad, it's just better to use your fists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:33 am

it's literally made as a trap options to make new players understand that free ammo isn't that good of a thing. it was meant to be garbage and it will probably stay garbage because its the way its meant to be.

now get some money and buy an actual gun and actual ammo so we can all make money off of you like everyone else does.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:02 pm

I wouldn't describe it as a 'trap' weapon, as that's honestly GAY. However, it is a beginner's weapon that's meant to introduce players to ranged combat early on without the need for ammo.
The Recharger Guns play the same role as they do in Fallout New Vegas, provide a decent damage-to-ammo ratio for a gun that never runs out of bullets, what's the answer to that? Low damage. You can't really buff a gun like that by a large margin without breaking balancing, but then again I'm just talking in game design terms, Decay is honestly lacking in proper balance, but it's decent enough to work so the point still stands.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Buff the recharger weapons? Bruh, Nerf the sound, they're louder than a fucking beret and make my ears bleed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gershio

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Gnomp wrote:
I wouldn't describe it as a 'trap' weapon, as that's honestly GAY. However, it is a beginner's weapon that's meant to introduce players to ranged combat early on without the need for ammo.
The Recharger Guns play the same role as they do in Fallout New Vegas, provide a decent damage-to-ammo ratio for a gun that never runs out of bullets, what's the answer to that? Low damage. You can't really buff a gun like that by a large margin without breaking balancing, but then again I'm just talking in game design terms, Decay is honestly lacking in proper balance, but it's decent enough to work so the point still stands.

I completely understand this HOWEVER:

As a "beginner weapon" it takes more time and effort to acquire the Recharger rifle/pistol than it is to earn a Red 9 or a machete. The Red 9 and the machete are way better as beginner weapons in every way than the Recharger weapons. The weapon costs around 100 of each while the Red 9 and Machete are cheaper and FREE if you kill raiders. In my experience I have gotten like over 30 Red 9s and only 1 recharger rifle. Guess which one is better?
No one uses the Recharger rifle or pistol therefore it will never be used to teach new players. You're better off giving a new player a 9mm SMG.

Conclusion: The Recharger Weapons fail both as teaching weapons and funtional weapons. Say what you must about balancing but it's literally useless code. A waste to resources and will probably get you killed by a Yao Guai.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:01 pm

What do you want us to do about the recharger weapons? you literally trade versatility and effectiveness for FREE AMMO. from what im reading, you want a Damage, capacity, fire rate and accuracy buff or otherwise known as a general DPS buff. Bizz and I were talking about it for a few moments and we were reaching the same conclusion: doing this would make the weapon unbalanced.

There's already flimsy balance in Decay, lets not entirely throw it off the bridge for the sake of making an incredibly tiny fraction of players using the recharger weapons happy.

Also Gershio you disproved the point of the recharger weapons in your post above. its WAAAAY easier to get raider weapons, armor and ammo out of one or two raiders, maybe three than it is grinding for a recharger weapon. it IS useless code, but it was recently used in a event for people to use it for LASER TAG. which from what i heard, was much loved by the community, it was hosted by Nightmare, and I think the first event im going to host if i ever get admin is a new laser tag event using the new recharger rifles

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
What do you want us to do about the recharger weapons? you literally trade versatility and effectiveness for FREE AMMO. from what im reading, you want a Damage, capacity, fire rate and accuracy buff or otherwise known as a general DPS buff. Bizz and I were talking about it for a few moments and we were reaching the same conclusion: doing this would make the weapon unbalanced.

There's already flimsy balance in Decay, lets not entirely throw it off the bridge for the sake of making an incredibly tiny fraction of players using the recharger weapons happy.

Also Gershio you disproved the point of the recharger weapons in your post above. its WAAAAY easier to get raider weapons, armor and ammo out of one or two raiders, maybe three than it is grinding for a recharger weapon. it IS useless code, but it was recently used in a event for people to use it for LASER TAG. which from what i heard, was much loved by the community, it was hosted by Nightmare, and I think the first event im going to host if i ever get admin is a new laser tag event using the new recharger rifles

The only nerf I'd consider giving the weapon is a decrease in cost to make it less valuable than anything else. At least that'd fix the problems shown in the previous posts.

It's a silly little gimmick gun that isn't really be utilized as we'd intended, so I'll look into fixing that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gershio

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:58 am

Gnomp wrote:
Jeff Belinger wrote:

The only nerf I'd consider giving the weapon is a decrease in cost to make it less valuable than anything else. At least that'd fix the problems shown in the previous posts.

It's a silly little gimmick gun that isn't really be utilized as we'd intended, so I'll look into fixing that.

I'd still think a nice ammo capacity or slight damage boost against NPCs would be nice but I think a lower cost is a great step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ineptbird7

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:50 am

I'm a tad late, But i have an idea.. Sure you have a Re-charger Pistol or Rifle.. and it may be rancid, but i think we're going in the wrong direction here. would it be possible to purchase upgrade lenses for laser weapons, like attachments for energy weapons, except scientists make them. Increasing Crit chance, base damage, Rate of fire, or perhaps even the biggest problems with energy weapons... ACCURACY AND PROJECTILE SPEED.

Not only would it be beneficial, it'll give Scientists more to offer and roleplay.

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:18 pm

that's a good suggestion, but the thing is Bizz doesn't want to put more work into Decay and this would be the be-all end-all of workloads for him. also I think from a coding perspective it's not possible to add mods to the fallout weapons currently in Decay

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:41 pm

ineptbird7 wrote:
I'm a tad late, But i have an idea.. Sure you have a Re-charger Pistol or Rifle.. and it may be rancid, but i think we're going in the wrong direction here. would it be possible to purchase upgrade lenses for laser weapons, like attachments for energy weapons, except scientists make them. Increasing Crit chance, base damage, Rate of fire, or perhaps even the biggest problems with energy weapons... ACCURACY AND PROJECTILE SPEED.

Not only would it be beneficial, it'll give Scientists more to offer and roleplay.

Also, "the biggest problems with energy weapons... ACCURACY AND PROJECTILE SPEED." When has this been a problem, lasers have light-speed hit, Plasma Bolts are the among the strongest and hardest hitting projectiles in the game due to their ability to negate armor, so the speed of the bolts compensate in a creative way to balance out the benefits of the weapons themselves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Gnomp wrote:
Plasma Bolts are the among the strongest and hardest hitting projectiles in the game due to their ability to negate armor

I don't know about you, but, almost every power armor has insane energy resistance.(I believe that plasma falls under energy.)

EDIT: I posted this because I saw everyone talking about buffing energy weapons. Maybe nerf energy weapons damage a tad bit and make it so armors don't negate energy damage so much? Not to mention plasma weapons can't shoot through fences rendering them useless when raiding a decent base and or defending one.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gershio

PostSubject: Re: Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol   Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:19 pm

ineptbird7 wrote:

A bit too ambitious but a good idea.

Hopefully the cost of the Recharger Weapons are reduced significantly. And possibly a more easier way to acquire them other than crafting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Please Buff Recharger Rifle/Pistol
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1