Share | 

In with the old, Out with the new.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nightmare
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:32 am

As you all know the server has been slowly shifting back to its original focus of semi-serious roleplay over these past few months and with this shift has come some gameplay changes and content updates such as the cultivator class update, changes to melee combat, and weapons update not to mention we have also had a major change in management and staff. with all these changes comes hard choices one of those being the choice to finalize all these updates with a full server wipe and restart for balancing purposes. We had originally planned to do this wipe shortly after new years but after discussing it we thought it would be better now so that any items gained from the Christmas events can be kept rather than lost. Now we know this will not sit well with some of you but with this wipe comes good news. As of the wipe the server will be much more focused on creating an interesting experience for players by promoting a healthy mix of Roleplay and combat. I know some of you are thinking this means combat is going to be restricted and I would like to let you know this i not the case. Player vs player conflicts will always be an important part of both our server and the true Fallout experience. For anyone wondering how donator rewards will be handled post wipe all packages will be reapplied after the wipe.

Changes to the community system include:
20 player cap for factions.
150k resource cap for community stockpiles.
10k weight cap for community lockers.

Changes to the character system include:
limit of 2 characters per person. (3 if donator)

As of this post the server is planned to wipe Friday at midnight central time. Now we are aware that due to this most players will wait until the wipe to play again so we have decided to make things interesting for the time being. The server will be running in what we call low rules mode until Friday. This means that anything goes except for the obvious (No prop blocking/spamming, Mic spamming, Spawn camping, Crashing the server, Racism, or any other forums of harassment.)

EDIT:

Until the wipe Friday staff will be running mini events and small contests on the server where players have a chance to win starter items for after the wipe. Examples of these contests include team based and free for all melee combat, roleplay building contests where players build the best roleplay friendly shops or homes in a 15 minute window, last man standing death races. prizes will be low level items based on each contests theme and will be limited to 2 wins per person.

Also for people who are upset about the loss of items from the recent Halloween event and PAC contest we have an interesting compromise. After the wipe a new PAC contest will be held with a new set of prizes and the winners of the Halloween even will be given a new balanced reward.

On behalf of Frostburnt we would like to thank all of you for understanding and we look forward to seeing how the server grows with these changes.

Last edited by Nightmare on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ineptbird7

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:49 am

Oof

*Nightmare Cast Revive*
-It was ineffective-
*Nightmare MAKES it effective*
-It fucking works-

I'm both against and looking forward to this. Super mixed.
It's a good way to end the one step forward two steps back dance.

LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:32 am

Nightmare wrote:

On behalf of Frostburnt we would like to thank all of you for understanding and we look forward to seeing how the server grows with these changes.

I personally don't think the server will grow after these changes & wipe since most people are already trying to come back from the last wipe.
Also last wipe removed lots of players from the server for awhile ( even tho we gained a few new ones ) I'm starting to think this wipe will do the same.

Why cap resources factions can hold? ( edit )
This is also kinda nullifies the whole halloween event, pac3 contest, white flames contest. ( edit )

Anyhow my feelings are mixed, and it will be fun to start over once again I guess.

Last edited by LejonSnax on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raccoon

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:10 am

is the title supposed to be like that or is it supposed to be "out with the old, in with the new"??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
187pyro

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:31 pm

It's going to be hell and a pain in the ass getting all my skills back, and everything I grinded hours and days into getting..
It sucks losing all of that but I think I will have fun accomplishing all the achievements all over again, so I'm not too  salty about this. I think it will be all around a good thing for the server.

edit:
I also will miss what I got from the halloween event, how much time I put into that lol

Waiting for the wipe already so I can start working on my character Smile

Last edited by 187pyro on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efex03

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:31 pm

I literally just got back from the last wipe. THIS FUCKING SUCKS!

I don't feel like a wipe is required for these updates at all. Please do a community-wide vote and if everyone votes yes then do it. This is an absolutely terrible idea.

Boggy Siffenz

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Its good that we were warned about the wipe and informed on the new adjustments.I just have two question,is the wipe going to take place this Friday?And are short temp bans still going to be applied when it is wiped? Im going to be honest here and say that the only reason that I am asking this is because my two week ban is going to be over soon but I want to be able to play when it wipes. P.S. I liked biz stream yesterday, your guys work looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:06 pm

:^)

Grub

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:30 pm

I am actually pissed off about this. The last wipe was 6 months ago and hardplate prices have finally came down from fucking 5k of each. I think that this is completely uncalled. Although the faction cap seems appealing to many players, it can be easily bypassed by having an alt-faction. I am not even going to go into the Halloween since the staff team should clearly see that this is a dick move on the participants that actually tried hard for the event. But who knows, some players in a specific faction may all get XO-2 armors from "player donators" along with an ass ton of gear in a week and not have any trouble with this wipe. Anyways, this is absurd and shouldn't even be considered til' perhaps a year or so. Evil or Very Mad

EDIT: I am gonna grub so fucking hard and there will be nothing anyone can do since no one will have power armor, literally the only thing that I am looking forward to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:54 pm

As a new/old player, this wipe frightens me because I just literally created a new character on wednesday and had gotten some armor. But it excites me because it means that everyone will be playing on a similar battlefield for now.
As for the changes, I don't really like or hate the change back to Semi-serious. I liked Semi-serious and I didn't really come on whilst the SeriousRP changes happened, so I am not really used to that.

But,
Grub wrote:
Anyways, this is absurd and shouldn't even be considered til' perhaps a year or so. Evil or Very Mad
Is right. A wipe should not happen every 6 or so months, especially since it might discourage the growth of players new and old for a time. I agree with Grub's idea, wipes should be yearly, or biyearly even. It'll give everyone a chance to be OP and to have themselves a more easy time.

efex03 wrote:
I don't feel like a wipe is required for these updates at all. Please do a community-wide vote and if everyone votes yes then do it. This is an absolutely terrible idea.
I think we do need a server/community-wide vote. Give everyone a chance to voice either their pleasure or displeasure with regards to the wipe. I also think that, unless the update adds a new item or addon or such, that a wipe would not really need to be done following this update.

LejonSnax wrote:
I personally don't think the server will grow after these changes & wipe since most people are already trying to come back from the last wipe.
Also last wipe removed lots of players from the server for awhile ( even tho we gained a few new ones ) I'm starting to think this wipe will do the same.
I agree. This wipe will only serve to screw up the old players, might even make them leave, and it will not really promote growth. We might even lose new players during this wipe. The server can only grow if: 1) things are added, fixed or changed and 2) We advertise ourselves.

Walsey Moo

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Welp, I'd at least like to vote on this matter, but judging from this then the wipe will happen either way.
But I definitely agree with you, A lot of people will quit and I know for sure I prob. won't come back.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boggy Siffenz

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:46 pm

Walse dont say that you know you cant stay away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walsey Moo

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:36 pm

Woah m8, This post isn't about me, it's all for this new stuff and quite frankly I liked it when it was older.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
efex03

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:45 am

GhostlyGhoul wrote:
As a new/old player, this wipe frightens me because I just literally created a new character on wednesday and had gotten some armor. But it excites me because it means that everyone will be playing on a similar battlefield for now.
As for the changes, I don't really like or hate the change back to Semi-serious. I liked Semi-serious and I didn't really come on whilst the SeriousRP changes happened, so I am not really used to that.

But,
Grub wrote:
Anyways, this is absurd and shouldn't even be considered til' perhaps a year or so. Evil or Very Mad
Is right. A wipe should not happen every 6 or so months, especially since it might discourage the growth of players new and old for a time. I agree with Grub's idea, wipes should be yearly, or biyearly even. It'll give everyone a chance to be OP and to have themselves a more easy time.

efex03 wrote:
I think we do need a server/community-wide vote. Give everyone a chance to voice either their pleasure or displeasure with regards to the wipe. I also think that, unless the update adds a new item or addon or such, that a wipe would not really need to be done following this update.

LejonSnax wrote:
I agree. This wipe will only serve to screw up the old players, might even make them leave, and it will not really promote growth. We might even lose new players during this wipe. The server can only grow if: 1) things are added, fixed or changed and 2) We advertise ourselves.

Not to trail from the focus of the thread, but your ass is grass. GIMME DEH GRUBABAUDUBS!!@#@!# (I am going to raid you!)

GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:38 am

efex03 wrote:
GhostlyGhoul wrote:

But,
Grub wrote:

efex03 wrote:

LejonSnax wrote:

Not to trail from the focus of the thread, but your ass is grass. GIMME DEH GRUBABAUDUBS!!@#@!# (I am going to raid you!)

Oh no...
Oh wait, I never grub in the server. XD
But seriously, this wipe is kinda bad but kinda good..? I guess... I don't know, I feel like it's unnecessary.

Boggy Siffenz

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Im still waiting for an answer to my questions.Is it this Friday, and will temp bans be lifted on the wipe day?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walsey Moo

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Of course Temp bans. ARNT Lifted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doggy

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 pm

can my ban be lifted? bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boggy Siffenz

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 pm

Ya I want to know that my self doggy. The only reason is cause I want to be able to have the same start as everyone else, and I know I did something wrong and I am so grateful that it was only a two week ban. But i have waited a week and two days and only have five days left. And the reason I keep asking is cause im passionate about this server and I think its a great thing. And this is actually one of the three things that I have ever donated to because I think that this server is amazing. Anyways i have not got an answer either so i dont think if they will even respond.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raccoon

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Doggy wrote:
can my ban be lifted? bounce

no. wait it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boggy Siffenz

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Cant wait out a perm ban Raccoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raccoon

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:23 pm

Boggy Siffenz wrote:
Cant wait out a perm ban Raccoon.

well then sucks. make another ban appeal Doggy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boggy Siffenz

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:28 pm

I wasnt trying to be rude or anything just want you to know that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raccoon

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:32 pm

Boggy Siffenz wrote:
I wasnt trying to be rude or anything just want you to know that.

i didn't have an attitude?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightmare
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: In with the old, Out with the new.   Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:39 pm

Temp bans will not be lifted. Wait out your ban.

In with the old, Out with the new.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Announcements-
Jump to: