HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Suggestion] Sleep Deprivation/Sanity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: [Suggestion] Sleep Deprivation/Sanity   Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 am

Gonna get to the meat of it. Don't sleep for 6 hours, you start to lose it, vision blurs a bit, you're starting to see things that maybe aren't there... it kind of promotes that you have to sleep at least sometime or another.

Also, that zombies and antlions are scary, and fighting them will make you lose it faster.

And Bugs aren't fun to fight. At all. Not they're too hard, they're too easy. I miss the brutes, the giant fuck-all monsters that were a hoot to fight cause they made things hectic.
Back to top Go down
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Sleep Deprivation/Sanity   Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:55 pm

They did have them SiN: Emergence mutants in the server... They were pretty boss, if they were in a group... And also if their AI actually worked. Same thing with a lot of the non-vanilla NPCs. Star ship trooper bugs are pretty dumb, I can kill one with climb SWEP without it even noticing. As for the SiN mutants, the big guy would just run around in circles, allowing you shoot him. The guys with the pipes, they don't think that anything exists, they just run into walls and props trying to get you. The only ones who were actually a threat were the ones that jumped around and spit acid. A bit hard to hit, fairly high health and the fact that the acid really takes away armor made them annoying.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Sleep Deprivation/Sanity   Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:25 pm

We kinda took sleeping out of the game...

Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Sleep Deprivation/Sanity   Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:49 pm

No, it's still in there but not required.

He's suggesting that we simply add a timer that tells you when you're tired, but you have the ability to ignore.
It's a nice idea, but I doubt Bizzclaw will go for it.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Sleep Deprivation/Sanity   Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Endurance was removed for a reason. Sleeping is going to be kept simply for Roleplay and for future systems regarding for knockouts. Also I;m sorry you missed the Zombie Mutants, but I'm sure you're not missing the reduced framerate the NPC pack they where a part of caused. The server is so much less laggy with them gone, and you're crazy to want Zombie Mutants instead of arachnids with High framerate. Still, they may be readded but we'd have to completely re-code them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Sleep Deprivation/Sanity   Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Perhaps there is a mutant from an entirely different NPC pack that we could use. I vote that option.
Not necessarily now, but sometime in the near future. I could look into it if you want.

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Sleep Deprivation/Sanity   Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Endurance was removed for a reason. Sleeping is going to be kept simply for Roleplay and for future systems regarding for knockouts. Also I;m sorry you missed the Zombie Mutants, but I'm sure you're not missing the reduced framerate the NPC pack they where a part of caused. The server is so much less laggy with them gone, and you're crazy to want Zombie Mutants instead of arachnids with High framerate. Still, they may be readded but we'd have to completely re-code them.
I'm sorry if I upset you, and I understand that Endurance was removed for a reason. 6 hours was a bit absurd. I was a little sleep-depirved myself. I was trying to say 'Eventual lack of sleep applies mild to moderate status effect upon player' One that doesn't affect gameplay too severely. I dunno, like, because you're so tired, less stamina. Or maybe sleeping will put a short XP boost for a while, and maybe see if there's a cooldown timer type thing that can be applied to it to prevent XPup spam?

The sanity thing was kind of dumb, and I was playing Don't Starve a lot before making the post.
Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Sleep Deprivation/Sanity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1