Share | 

missing textures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keja_

PostSubject: missing textures   Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:55 am

sorry bout the large images
the problem:

soo ya i have no clue whats going on hear. it appears textures are missing or not loading correctly for some resan ive subscribed to the collection from the workshop but this is the result of it. i have only been playing for a few days and figured it wold fix its self eventually from reloging  a few times but nothing changes. though it seams to only be limited to male skins,all hair,some clothes and eyes though again no clue why. i also tried subbing to the 3 items not in the collection the 2,3,4-Frostburnt- Fallout: Decay Content - Various,
though they started to crash my game after words so i unsubed from them. they didnt fix the issue ether even when subed to
alos didint know which one was cosign the issue so i unsubed from all 3 just to be on the safe ide

( ied post the direct links but im unable to do to new member statis)

i also cant alt+e fire pits though thats most likely my side nothing to do with the server or anything though ctrl+e seams to alow me to eat bodes but dosint work with fires so if anyone knows away to fix this too any help is preheated
owh i also tryed disabling all my addons but that also dint help ether

any and all help is preheated hope you all have a good day out in the wastelands
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ineptbird7

PostSubject: Re: missing textures   Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:32 pm

Hello~ i've had problems with this in the past before. However i can tell you what my solution was!

Make sure to restart steam. allow workshop to update Gmod
On Gmod make sure you allow the half life 2 episodes to mount, CS:S as well.
(It may seem like there's no correlation but many textures rely on one or all of those three mounts)
Find Bizzclaw on steam and subscribe to all of the Frostburnt Decay Server Content. he'll have it grouped together for you. if it still ceases to work, restart steam once more.

As for the Alt-E sitting, you need to make sure you are not looking at any Owned entity, player, or model that's closer than your player model's full arm span.

make sure to leave your computer be when you're downloading content. Gmod will crash occasionally when downloading tons of add-ons

Keja_

PostSubject: Re: missing textures   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:19 pm

ok explane mounting though i dout thast it cuse ive gon though the drop folders in the spwn menu and they all have texturs exsept the ones in the fallout sections and the alt+e just dosint work at all ive donevall thows things even staerd down at the ground staerd at the fire stood back from the fire even stood on the fire but nothing
so i dont know if im somehow im not downloading something or somethings not downloading correctly though i suspecta combination of the lader and the former also found 2 other things missing texturs some guns and the virtabird is just 3 spining errors even though im subed to it so i havent the slightist
i realy what to enjoy the server and i do its just distracting seeing chekerbords runing around and flying error sighs is all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ineptbird7

PostSubject: Re: missing textures   Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:58 am

i'm having trouble reading your typing, i'll help as best as i could understand..
When in your addons menus.. right click and hit refresh all..
When you first open gmod you should find a controller icon in the bottom right, click that and be sure that The Half Life 2 series is checked, Counter strike source is checked, and Tf2 is NOT checked.
The floating errors are there for me too, but that's because i don't have that add-on downloaded, those are supposed to be helicopters you'll need to find that yourself.

Keja_

PostSubject: Re: missing textures   Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:06 am

ok so i fixed most of the textures theres far feuwer cloths missing them nows but all skins,hire and eyes work. the problem was conflicting addons had over 200+ addons alot of them where probably way out dated or broken for referents coming back to gmod after bout a year or two. so basically cleared my library and it works now. though sky still pops in and out (though more so on the metro map then the others) and cant alt+e still but fixed what i feel is the most impotent stuff the rest is just quality of life stuff i think. ill aslo dubble check that the stuff is checked/uncheked as well, and sorry for the brash typing it was starting to irritate me at that point so i came out in the typing (not that im good to begin with) thanks for the help though much apprehended
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ineptbird7

PostSubject: Re: missing textures   Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:48 am

Well that would certainly do it, i'm sorry i didn't consider that possibility.
I'm glad i could help in someway.

missing textures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1