HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

The basics to building factions. A veteran players advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: The basics to building factions. A veteran players advice   Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:47 am

As most of you know, there will be a server wipe which means all of your stuff will be gone. There is no need to quit or cry about it, because I have personally been through 5 wipes and in all wipes, I would say I lost over 2million of each in all wipes combined. Yet I still play here and that's because it is very easy to get established. It's called perseverance and not being lazy. Now take my advice because I am a veteran player, this will help you when you start again. Below you will read how to start a functioning faction and how to survive on your own or in someone else's faction.

How do I start a faction and keep it running?
There are many things you need before you start a faction. The main thing you do need is an idea. By this, I am saying you need to think before you make a faction. Think of a name that will sound nice when it rolls off your tongue. Once you develop a name you must be ready to spend a few days on a foundation to build your faction on, by this I mean you need to develop rules and terms that you should expect your members to follow. If you successfully create rules and terms it won't hurt to make a document that they have to sign to acknowledge the rules. Once you get your foundation built its time to build the framework for your faction. Begin by recruiting members and training them on how to play the game and what your rules are. It would be easier to write the rules down and send it to them. In all, your faction should hold a purpose in the wasteland... Adopt an ideology such as being communistic or democratic or even be an oligarchy.  This is basics to starting the faction now let's move on to how to get people to join you.

How do I recruit members?
It's easy... You must show that your faction is worth joining. You need to make a public name for yourself and advertise your recruitment. The best crowds you should aim for is the newer players. Now, remember when recruiting new people you have the increased chance that they will fuck up and meme hard and get the faction killed so it is your job as a leader to train them. Tell your friends! A good way to get a faction kickstarted is telling some good friends to join so you can get some members to make yourselves look bigger! Once you get a solid 5 people start to walk into town and talk to the local populace and see if they are willing to join.
Time to move on!

I have members now what?
Well, now that you have members of your faction it is now time to get them to work to fund your group. Don't be afraid as a faction leader to put your foot down and tell them "Here is what we need and we need it by this time". Tell your members to scavenge and bring you some resources and some gunpowder. Afterall, it is for the faction... Avoid forcing them to do stuff 24/7 though because that can weaken morale, you should make it optional and see how they react. If members are willing to help out even if it is optional then that there is a great start to something good. Once you have a steady supply of men you should be ready to enter the world as a ready faction

How do I make allies?
Ahhh. Diplomacy... Could be a factions end or it could be factions rise to power. Diplomacy is a very powerful tool if used properly. You must find other factions with the same goals as yours. Entering an alliance with factions means you should be willing to lay down your lives for each other. If one side isn't helping the other out... The alliance should be broken. Good strong allies are what you need to help your factions in wars.

What else do I need to know?
Well... You need to be dedicated to your job at all times and you must look out for your men and they will do the same with you. I strongly advise against giving people you think you trust rank 3. With the power of rank 3, you can destroy a faction very easily. Only give rank 3 to a two people... Yourself and someone you can trust with your deepest darkest secret. With resources, you must spend them wisely. Think about supplies you NEED rather than WANT. You need meds and ammo. Don't go out and spend 15k on yourself because "My faction, my money, my rules" because thats how people turn on you.

If you have any questions about anything besides factions ask below and I will answer

Last edited by Mike Nespo on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: The basics to building factions. A veteran players advice   Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Mike Nespo wrote:
There is no need to quit or cry about it because I have personally been through 5 wipes

Smug Rock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gershio

PostSubject: Re: The basics to building factions. A veteran players advice   Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:00 pm

*sniff* do I smell roast BEEF???????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: The basics to building factions. A veteran players advice   Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:25 pm

I don't see what is trying to be said but okay thanks for the post I guess
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: The basics to building factions. A veteran players advice   Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:50 pm

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SIMPLE GUIDE
Step 1. Befriend some newbies.
Step 2. Teach the newbies the basics of the server and also combat.
Step 3. Promote the most trustworthy newbie to invite player.
Step 4. It grows from there.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: The basics to building factions. A veteran players advice   Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:20 am

This is my advice
1- Invite your niggas (they need to be OG)
2- Share everything
3- Done
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: The basics to building factions. A veteran players advice   Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:52 am

It's totally not like this was supposed to be in depth for new players or anything. So go ahead and shit on it some more why not .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: The basics to building factions. A veteran players advice   Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:45 pm

Mike Nespo wrote:
It's totally not like this was supposed to be in depth for new players or anything. So go ahead and shit on it some more why not .

Sorry, I posted my post for some laughs and I didn't intend for it to upset you. If you want, you can remove my post from this topic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

The basics to building factions. A veteran players advice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1