HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

[Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AtlasTheSpacePirate

PostSubject: [Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff   Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:02 pm

While I don't think any weapons are overpowered at the moment it seems there's definitely a small few that outclass the others by all means and make the more underappreciated ones that haven't gotten any love become outdated and irrelevant due to lacking stats. For my first suggestion I will be bringing the "Rotten Mound" for discussion. The Rotten Mound is a weapon only obtainable via Conglomerate Soldiers' Suitcases and in the past was renown by a small few for being a good weapon choice due to it's ammo efficiency. High Damage, Semi-Automatic and using one of the more common ammo types which can even be obtained by Raiders it made it's way into the hearts of a few farmers before the Weapons Update.
Now? The Rotten Mound is a shell of it's former glory, a weapon tossed aside as the SKS was buffed and quite literally stole it's job. In the next table I will highlight both weapons and their stats and afterwards use it as a reference for my points, though from what I've seen on the server most people already know this.

SKS
Damage: 35
Hip Spread: 32%
Accuracy: 96%
Recoil: 81%
Mobility: 27%
Fire Rate: 400
Spread Inc: +5%
Max Spread: +23%
Ammo Capacity: 10
Attachments: EoTech, CompM4, PSO-1, 30RND Mag, Silencer

Rotten Mound
Damage: 29
Hip Spread: 36%
Accuracy: 99%
Recoil: 72%
Mobility: 27%
Fire Rate: 400
Spread Inc: +2%
Max Spread: +15%
Ammo Capacity: 30
Attachments: N/A (Comes w/ an unremovable Holographic attached)

Now, don't let the stats deceive you. While it may look like it isn't too bad you have to keep in mind there's a 7 damage difference with no difference in fire rate between the two weapons. The SKS has a lower ammo capacity but that issue can be solved with the 30RND Mag attachment which is cheap and a one-time purchase unless you die and lose it. 3% difference in accuracy is minimal and should be ignored, same with the recoil as both of them are Semi-Automatic weapon and the same goes to spread. Onto sights, the Rotten Mound has a nice Holographic but that also can be solved by buying and attaching either a EoTech, PSO-1 or CompM4 on the SKS.

Onto the whole point of this post. I don't want the SKS nerfed as I think it's in a fine state right now but as it is the Rotten Mound is pretty worthless because of it. Personally, I don't know what to do to the gun as a damage buff would just make the Rotten Mound a reskin of the SKS without attachments and a Fire Rate buff is kinda' pointless because when people want a 7.62x39mm weapon with Fire Rate they'll go for the Sako, AK or some other automatic one. One of the suggestions I've heard though and love the idea of is adding a burst fire to the weapon, though I don't know how hard it would be to implement this. I think a 2-Round Burst similar to the G36C's would work excellent but a 3-Round could work too. Really though just consider giving this weapon some love, please. It's sad that one of the two guns from one of my favorite games(E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy) is just a shittier SKS at this point.

After I called the new Vault Girl tutorial avatar a whore.
Gyro Count: 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raccoon

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff   Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:12 pm

too lazy to read this entire thing, but i +10 this because i used to use the rotten mound all the time and want it to be a much better gun than it is at its current state. make the rotten mound G R E A T again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raccoon

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff   Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:13 pm

it's a good gun. it's semi hard to get. just make it a tiny bit better then the SKS and people start using it. let the gun shine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DragonDescent

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff   Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:59 pm

+1 After the SKS got that big buff a while back the rotten mound has been pretty bad in comparison
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AtlasTheSpacePirate

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff   Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Also, obligatory warning: Hip spread and some other things are based on my Weapon Handling skill which I believe was 4/5 at the time of viewing it. Still though as I mentioned in the post those are small things since both weapons are semi-automatic and I am mainly highlighting the damage differences and fire rate on both guns being the same.

After I called the new Vault Girl tutorial avatar a whore.
Gyro Count: 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff   Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:31 am

+1 since it would somewhat make sense a "rare" gun that drops from conglos should be better than something craftable for 250 each.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightmare
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff   Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:32 pm

So after talking with Bizz I have decided to take a look at not just the mound but most of the 7.62 family. Im going to sit down with some staff and ask around a little on some ideas I have and will post an update list with a rough draft shortly.

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff   Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:25 am

Nightmare wrote:
So after talking with Bizz I have decided to take a look at not just the mound but most of the 7.62 family. Im going to sit down with some staff and ask around a little on some ideas I have and will post an update list with a rough draft shortly.

Oy Vey, can't wait for this update.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff   Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:05 pm

Nightmare wrote:

Will we receive the long awaited fire-rate buff for the Chinese Assault Rifle? I want to be able to shoot it like a raider.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff   Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:35 am

We will be buffing the weapons soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Rotten Mound Buff   

Back to top Go down