HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

[Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RennieS

PostSubject: [Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"   Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Hey all, so about 30 minutes ago a situation occurred where a guy in our faction had accidentally damaged another factions player during a Conglo drop. It was unintentional, but the other faction retaliated and killed him. As me and another faction member were there and witnessed it we were both also killed, despite me and my friend doing nothing to them. I believe that this system is wrong and should not have a place on the server, as the aftermath was awful, resulting in one player leaving the server due to the guilt. It ended up being a lot of hassle and left players upset, and i'm sure the other faction feel guilty about it, but as the witness rule is in place they didn't really have a choice but to kill us. So all in all it was bad for everyone involved and the whole situation could of been avoided if the system was not in place. Would like to hear everyone else's thoughts on the suggestion. Thanks for reading

~RennieS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Real_Slim_Shady

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"   Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:56 pm

I'm not going to +1 or -1 this, but just put my thoughts into it. Yes, I can understand having to protect allies, and can also understand killing off witnesses who are of the same faction as the targeted player. But like Rennie said, it just caused a decently sized aftermath. It would be nice for something to change about it, as I was never going to shoot back. I didn't even know that you could do a war request because of the witness system. Not once did a war cross my mind while getting shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lektrix
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"   Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:57 pm

The situation could have been avoided if he didn't use a rocket launcher carelessly. If he quits for the reasons listed above then too bad so sad it's his choice, the witness system shouldn't be removed because of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
g0dsniper

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:19 pm

RennieS wrote:
Hey all, so about 30 minutes ago a situation occurred where a guy in our faction had accidentally damaged another factions player during a Conglo drop. It was unintentional, but the other faction retaliated and killed him. As me and another faction member were there and witnessed it we were both also killed, despite me and my friend doing nothing to them. I believe that this system is wrong and should not have a place on the server, as the aftermath was awful, resulting in one player leaving the server due to the guilt. It ended up being a lot of hassle and left players upset, and i'm sure the other faction feel guilty about it, but as the witness rule is in place they didn't really have a choice but to kill us. So all in all it was bad for everyone involved and the whole situation could of been avoided if the system was not in place. Would like to hear everyone else's thoughts on the suggestion. Thanks for reading

~RennieS

"Learn from your mistakes."

(To the guy who made the smart idea to use a rocket launcher.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RennieS

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:39 pm

Lektrix wrote:
The situation could have been avoided if he didn't use a rocket launcher carelessly. If he quits for the reasons listed above then too bad so sad it's his choice, the witness system shouldn't be removed because of this.

I get what your saying, and i agree that he shouldn't of been so careless, but the fact that me and slim were brought into it even though we had nothing to do with it except being in the same faction is a bit trashy, why should we have to be brought into the conflict when it wasnt us who were involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:54 pm

Which faction ended up fighting you?

Last edited by Grub on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"   Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:16 pm

RennieS wrote:
Lektrix wrote:

I get what your saying, and i agree that he shouldn't of been so careless, but the fact that me and slim were brought into it even though we had nothing to do with it except being in the same faction is a bit trashy, why should we have to be brought into the conflict when it wasnt us who were involved.

Because the second "X" kills one of your faction members you can kill "X" so the only reasonable thing for "X" to do is to kill the "witnesses" to avoid any retaliation from "witnesses". And also If I'm not wrong you guys should of gotten a chat message saying "You Witnessed An Act Of War" or something like that.

Anyhow, you reap what you sow.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"   Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:35 am

The advantatges that a faction gives and the disadvantatges like the witness system make a good balance, and you should care about your community members instead of saying ''It was all him'' and be so careless about your buddy, if you make a faction you take both the good things and the bad things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Real_Slim_Shady

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"   Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:05 am

ManlyTears wrote:
The advantatges that a faction gives and the disadvantatges like the witness system make a good balance, and you should care about your community members instead of saying ''It was all him'' and be so careless about your buddy, if you make a faction you take both the good things and the bad things.

You make a good point. You have to balance out advantages somehow, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"   

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Removal of "Witness System"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Suggestions/Bugs/Technical-
Jump to: