HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Robots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ching Cha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Robots    Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Could you guys add robots back to the game? I really do miss the sentry bot, and the protectron, I still never knew why they were removed. I would also like to see some new features:
-You have to give the sentry bot and protectron its ammo instead of it being infinite
-The sentry bot with a Gatling gun and maybe its rocket launcher
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: Robots    Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:43 pm

Robots were really a money drain and caused extreme amounts of lag and just were buggy in general.
When the first wipe happened I was talking with some other staff while grinding for gear and we all arrived at the fact that Robots are both not worth it and just caused more bad than good to the server.

Danny no:

http://www.frostburnt.com/t3643-caramelldansen-is-our-savoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: Robots    Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 am

Robots pls no.

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Robots    Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:06 pm

as Noodlers said, robots were incredibly unreliable, caused rdm and lagged the heck out of the server.

I made a post on the forums a while back about class options, and being a scientist "Cyberlord" (being a scientist with an army of robots) was definitely cool and made ytou sorta into The Mechanist, but at 3 or more and the server would get absolutely fucked beyond staff fixing and would need a full restart to fix the lag

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ching Cha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Robots    Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Thanks for the response, #BringBackVendors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Robots    Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:38 am

robots were never that big of an issue if it was guarding... I used to have 15 sentry bots guard my bases and it never lagged. The only time the robots would lag is if they collide with each other or other entities while moving around which caused a massive issue.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: Robots    Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Mike Nespo wrote:
robots were never that big of an issue if it was guarding... I used to have 15 sentry bots guard my bases and it never lagged. The only time the robots would lag is if they collide with each other or other entities while moving around which caused a massive issue.

Would there be any way to make them stationary somehow then?? So they don't move around and fuckshitup.exe this would be a really cool addition or well old re-addition... whatever... Is there a way to add robots back make then more like a "Sentry" kinda deal?

Ching Cha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Robots    Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:00 pm

I agree with nespo, robots never gave me a problemo either
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delyriouz111

PostSubject: Re: Robots    Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Agreed with Nespo. I never had issues. I went to bases with HUGE amounts and never had a stutter. Also the Robots Dont RDM. They wont attack as long as someone isnt attacking first. Which in that case the person attacking is RDMing. So I never had an issue with them. But if they arent brought back then #BringBackVendors
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Robots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Suggestions/Bugs/Technical-
Jump to: