Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:01 am

Crucible wrote:
Grub wrote:
efex03 wrote:
WOWOWOWOOW WTF HAVE I STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this intelligent conversation produced by yer boi EFEX03!??!?!?!!??! UR WELCOME! ALSO THANK YOU FOR KEEPING THE MEME TRASH TO A MINIMUM. Everyone has a lot of good points and are speaking their mind. This is awesome. Probably one of the best things that has happened in this community recently. [smiley]https://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_biggrin.png[/smiley]

Literally everyone is roasting each other.

Pointing out the flaws in a system, and why things went a certain path isn't necessarily roasting. But alas, all of these suggestions will be for nothing if whoever runs this place now doesn't care enough to try.

My bad, I can see how I might need to elaborate on what I said. Although everyone is pointing out flaws in eachothers, which is cool I guess, there are some that take offense to the brought out issues. I can't tell if you see this but I see a majority of the people calling out staff members. We should all remember that the staff team helps maintain peace on the server, so instead of blantantly calling people liers and bashing them on everything wrong that they are doing as staff, we could address some changes that could occur within the server to benefit it, in a passive manor though. :3

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
View user profile
STOPTHISFAGGOTRY

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:24 pm

To be honest I left because I had school and started having a more irl social life. My friends stop playing on the server so I had no reason to come back on and do my usual shit, I heard about some people complaining about changes in management and other shit.
-Yummy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Noroc

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Grub wrote:
Crucible wrote:
Grub wrote:
efex03 wrote:
WOWOWOWOOW WTF HAVE I STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this intelligent conversation produced by yer boi EFEX03!??!?!?!!??! UR WELCOME! ALSO THANK YOU FOR KEEPING THE MEME TRASH TO A MINIMUM. Everyone has a lot of good points and are speaking their mind. This is awesome. Probably one of the best things that has happened in this community recently. [smiley]https://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_biggrin.png[/smiley]

Pointing out the flaws in a system, and why things went a certain path isn't necessarily roasting. But alas, all of these suggestions will be for nothing if whoever runs this place now doesn't care enough to try.

My bad, I can see how I might need to elaborate on what I said. Although everyone is pointing out flaws in eachothers, which is cool I guess, there are some that take offense to the brought out issues. I can't tell if you see this but I see a majority of the people calling out staff members. We should all remember that the staff team helps maintain peace on the server, so instead of blantantly calling people liers and bashing them on everything wrong that they are doing as staff, we could address some changes that could occur within the server to benefit it, in a passive manor though. :3

Sent from Topic'it App

My post wasn't meant as a roast or an insult but instead pointing out problems that need to be fixed.

The new management is not taking either the server or community in a good direction whatsoever, as evident by the all time low playercount lately. I'm surprised it's taken this long before players really had an open discussion about it (on the forums atleast, I'm more than sure that people currently playing have had their doubts before.). The management itself is the reason as to why people like me and Brig made these posts. It's clearly too late for Postnuke/Decay seeing as how the current way it's being run is essentially set in stone.

I don't see anyone changing their ways on the server especially with the attitudes given towards anyone who criticizes how things work. You don't even need to look far for an example of total dismissal of criticism. The staff manager himself, in this very thread, refused to properly address anything that was said about actions of the staff not only by me but by EVERYONE in the thread. Here's a picture if you need a reminder:

Yeah, he said "Don't take the gif as if I am putting you all off... I am just trying to meme a little" however, isn't posting a joke gif and not addressing a single point in response to people giving criticism literally the definition of putting someone off? I don't think Mike plans on responding everything we're saying here. A similar thing happened to Brig before he went into the teamspeak himself to talk to Nightmare. He was completely blown off and accused of coming just to "get a quick laugh" when he was clearly putting effort and emotion into his literal thesis on the situation. Despite him talking with Nightmare about his concerns, I don't see anything changing there either.

What needs to happen is this: Either the management of the server changes their attitudes and ways of running things and does Resurgence right; actually living by the Frostburnt motto, or the management needs to be changed. Sadly, I don't see either of these happening.

Like both I and Brig said before: Take criticism, Take Responsibility, and plan for the future. Actually admit to what's currently going wrong and FIX IT.

Also Mike, if you're reading this, please respond to my original post.

Katherine wrote:
#bringcorontandbizzback

One of those people doesn't want to come back and the other instituted the new management anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efex03

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:34 pm

ThE NeW StaFf MaNaGeMeNt MaKeS ThE SeRvEr BaD!!!!

Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:39 pm

T_Noroc wrote:
Grub wrote:
Crucible wrote:
Grub wrote:
efex03 wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

My post wasn't meant as a roast or an insult but instead pointing out problems that need to be fixed.

The new management is not taking either the server or community in a good direction whatsoever, as evident by the all time low playercount lately. I'm surprised it's taken this long before players really had an open discussion about it (on the forums atleast, I'm more than sure that people currently playing have had their doubts before.). The management itself is the reason as to why people like me and Brig made these posts. It's clearly too late for Postnuke/Decay seeing as how the current way it's being run is essentially set in stone.

I don't see anyone changing their ways on the server especially with the attitudes given towards anyone who criticizes how things work. You don't even need to look far for an example of total dismissal of criticism. The staff manager himself, in this very thread, refused to properly address anything that was said about actions of the staff not only by me but by EVERYONE in the thread. Here's a picture if you need a reminder:

Yeah, he said "Don't take the gif as if I am putting you all off... I am just trying to meme a little" however, isn't posting a joke gif and not addressing a single point in response to people giving criticism literally the definition of putting someone off? I don't think Mike plans on responding everything we're saying here. A similar thing happened to Brig before he went into the teamspeak himself to talk to Nightmare. He was completely blown off and accused of coming just to "get a quick laugh" when he was clearly putting effort and emotion into his literal thesis on the situation. Despite him talking with Nightmare about his concerns, I don't see anything changing there either.

What needs to happen is this: Either the management of the server changes their attitudes and ways of running things and does Resurgence right; actually living by the Frostburnt motto, or the management needs to be changed. Sadly, I don't see either of these happening.

Like both I and Brig said before: Take criticism, Take Responsibility, and plan for the future. Actually admit to what's currently going wrong and FIX IT.

Also Mike, if you're reading this, please respond to my original post.

Katherine wrote:
#bringcorontandbizzback

One of those people doesn't want to come back and the other instituted the new management anyways.

Im taking what everyone says and I am taking mental notes of it all as I said I am not putting you off. I am taking mental notes for our next meeting that will come up soon. I am not honestly in the mood to deal with this stuff at the second for many different reasons. Some of those being personal irl issues and just me not wanting to get a headache. I am going to start working on Resurgence soon aswell so I just want a nice clear mind of this stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Honestly, at this point, what do you expect?

I'm going to offend a little here because honestly -- how else are you supposed to have reasonable discussion without offending one side or the other.

Mike, after reading over this thread, you suck at defusing situations -- I assume the humor was an attempt to do that. It's honestly just in poor taste. Realize there's ways to acknowledge things respectfully, and that some things are actually just better not acknowledged at all until you can provide them your full attention.

Do you know my take on the situation? PNRP was doomed from the start and will continue to be doomed. It's on life support and you just keep pumping adrenaline shots into it -- hoping it makes it another couple months. It dying isn't "necessarily" new managements fault, although I absolutely think it accelerated the process. (disclaimer: i might be biased)

There's some obvious things to go over that usual players just wouldn't understand that Bizz has been upset about (i.e. code is shit and basically not possible to salvage, mistakes in the FOChar animations not worth fixing [good that these happened since Bizz learned a lot more for future projects], i mean even the forums are being held hostage by some company basically) -- PNRP was basically the basis that Bizz used to learn Lua. Of course -- if you're doing things as your learning, there's going to be plenty of mistakes from both the games architecture and the actual design of it.

Note that PNRP/Decay's downfall is it's inability to retain players. There's plenty of opportunities to get new players and have them stick around -- not a lot really do. This is pretty much an issue with the way the gamemode functions by design but also just forcing out players depending on what playstyle you feel is the best.

What you're doing right now is basically looking at a design of a game, knowing there's issues with it, and trying to force the game to change by changing the ruleset of it opposed to the game itself. You can't really ask people to play checkers with a deck of cards, that's a bit ridiculous.

I don't think that's the main issue though. The main issue is that PNRP (understandably so) took the approach of a "community" vs "developer" approach. By that I mean the community heavily influences the style of game that is played -- opposed to the game defining what community builds around the game. Not only that, but friendships play a heavy role in whose staff and whose not. You essentially have this issue where you have different "era's" of Frostburnt where the game was played completely differently depending on who was in charge which was essentially based on having falling outs with previous friends. These shifts happen often enough to honestly be a problem. Remember when it was basically two big factions raiding each other and PvP was encouraged? Remember when we tried making it a roleplay mode? Remember when we allowed people to raid the shit out of each other, scaring the roleplayers away? Remember when we tried making it a roleplay mode, scaring the PvPers away? Etc, etc. The cycle continues.

This is the type of stuff that happens when something lacks vision or tons of visions conflict, generally.

So like I said -- with all that in mind, what did you expect? As I mentioned before -- the project is basically not able to be salvaged for both objective and (mostly agreeable) subjective reasons. If anything -- even the consideration of requesting that he continue to work on PNRP/Decay is highly selfish. He's a dude who has tons of classes, not a lot of free time, has a project he's passionate about and you're constantly dragging him back. "hey, fix these npcs" "hey, teach us how to balance weapons because we don't know how to change variables we're going to wear our developer hat now." Going hey -- "I believe in this project so you're going to have to work for it because /I CARE ABOUT IT/ /ME ME ME ME ME/ /IT MATTERS TO ME/ /IM GOING TO FORCE yOU TO WORK ON THE GAME/" is honestly one of the most selfish things you can do. Let the guy do what he wants. If you believe in his vision, why not help him achieve it opposed to dragging him back repeatedly?

My point being -- you can keep this project on life support for as long as you want -- but the issues mentioned beforehand are going to make it impossible to retain players in the longterm. Right now, you're back to asking people to play checkers with a deck of cards which doesn't help at all. The game (by design) is a faction based PvP game where you kill each other.

Changing the people who lead the ""community"" doesn't matter -- and the community approach in general should be dropped for future projects. You're a developer and people are playing your game. You're not here to make friends with your players. You're not here to make everyone happy. You're here to develop your game, not let your friends lead the vision of the game that YOU have. That's the best way to minimize drama that generally occurs. Whether your friends are able to understand that or not -- that's up to them. It's selfish, by the way, if they don't. That goes for everyone.

Sure, there were shitty circumstances and events that basically came together and made the issues apparent -- i.e. overnight change of staff, lack of overall care for the project, loss of motivation -- I would argue these are all just a byproduct of the formerly mentioned issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Wow, somehow guessed my password again after stalking the forums occasionally due to pure boredom. Anyway people leave PNRP/FO:D because the game they liked and decided to become a part of changed. RPers are welcomed then thrown away. Raiders/PVP oriented players are welcomed then shamed. This is all from personal observation so don't flame me if you disagree. But I also believe people have personal reasons for leaving like their friends quitting, literally anything outside of the game, running out of stuff to do etc... Playing and never moving on to something else is just an unrealistic expectation. I feel like what is happening isn't too far off the development of Rust. Again haven't really played since the addition of the Vertibird so disagree with me I don't care.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathrine

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:55 pm

It also probably has to do with Nespo repeatedly locking and deleting posts so he can't be criticized which will probably happen here. This is my 3rd post on here. We'll see how long it's up. It's Nazi Germany in the forums now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STOPTHISFAGGOTRY

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Kathrine wrote:
It also probably has to do with Nespo repeatedly locking and deleting posts so he can't be criticized which will probably happen here. This is my 3rd post on here. We'll see how long it's up. It's Nazi Germany in the forums now.
Shut up bitch hes working on resurgence and has to be in a good mental state /s

But in seriousness, its the administrative decision to decide how they want to run the server. If they decide they dont want people bitching on the forums complaining about how their experience was "ruined" because of their play style was destroyed, then so be it.

Honestly I agree with Aesop
Aesop wrote:

I don't think that's the main issue though. The main issue is that PNRP (understandably so) took the approach of a "community" vs "developer" approach. By that I mean the community heavily influences the style of game that is played -- opposed to the game defining what community builds around the game. Not only that, but friendships play a heavy role in whose staff and whose not. You essentially have this issue where you have different "era's" of Frostburnt where the game was played completely differently depending on who was in charge which was essentially based on having falling outs with previous friends. These shifts happen often enough to honestly be a problem. Remember when it was basically two big factions raiding each other and PvP was encouraged? Remember when we tried making it a roleplay mode? Remember when we allowed people to raid the shit out of each other, scaring the roleplayers away? Remember when we tried making it a roleplay mode, scaring the PvPers away? Etc, etc. The cycle continues.
Being here longer then most people and looking back, that's actually how it was. We as a community couldn't decide on what we really wanted and that was the biggest issue. The faction wars between sparta and the Legion and Golden Cross were always player driven and seen as the main end goal to be "the best" (IN MY OPINION). It was a game of power and might more then anything, not trying to necessarily push a story that we as a playerbase we need to "Stop the enclave or Conglos". I would have preferred this instead of us being used in a grandstory to save the wasteland or make it "Safer". Thats why games like rust and dayz work so well when its purely player to player stories instead of Server administrator dictating how the server is going to be ran under events. Rules and regulations are fine but It gets to a point where its the Server's story vs the Player's Experiences. I don't want postnuke to be a free for all deathmatch, but a regulated warzone, its a wasteland where people do scummy things to come out on top.

Roleplaying isn't bad, coming from a dude who use to fuck with them all the time, I understand the needs and wants of a human Being but it does not give you a free pass to act edgy or dangerous because your character is. If you can't back up your skills or anything else why should you be given a free pass to do act how ever you want. In real life I don't go around pissing off people because its stupid as shit. But in Postnuke or online in you can let you're inner asshole get to you because you don't have a repercussions in real life. It took me a while to get to that realization, but I still believe "Baiters/Raiders" can coexist with "RPers/Passive" players in a greater balance of things.

(I wrote this with like 3 hours of sleep so Excuse me for rambling or anything other bullshit, I'll Prob Finish this later)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Is Bizzclaw releasing the server code for Fallout: Decay when Resurgence comes out or when Decay is completely dead?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxic Impulse

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:26 pm

I personally quit due to becoming a father and taking on a full time job. That aside, many old players and new players have asked me about the recent changes to the server as if I'd know what the current status of the server is like. After asking around and finding out what's been going on here is what I Personally Believe which is in no way probably accurate but here we go

Obviously like Asoup had mentioned the constant flip flop of the playstyles that the staff tries to enforce will drive specific niches of players away.

To quote an old player from back when we still had the Combine The African Conglomerate, "Hey have you been on the server?" "What are they thinking making class changes cost resources, do they want to drive new players away?" Now some balances and changes will always be met with negative and positive feedback, but charging the new player who has little to nothing anyways to change to another class to see how they play is ridiculous and off putting.

Now I'm an old, very old staff member and I don't want to pour gasoline on the already burning staff situation. There has and always have been and always will be staff issues in some sort of fashion, (remember, after all they do this without being paid, they should be doing it because they want to see the community grow in a more positive manner.) They are obvious staffing issues but it has never been and never will be perfect.

All in all it's sad to see the server in the state it's in after spending a good year or two playing and staffing PNRP Fallout whatever And as Soup stated what can you expect from the circumstances.

Maybe with time you could salvage something out of this bad streak but as it sits you'd have to do a lot of work.

As an aside Bizz, regardless of what you all think, is a very busy, devoted, and passionate coder who has come a long way and is a swedish meatball.

AtlasTheSpacePirate

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:53 am

4S / Adrian Miller here.
Just going to confirm what LejonSnax says is true. Even if by some miracle these issues were fixed I wouldn't think about rejoining when members of the staff team deliberately were fucking us over.

Toodles, I hope your immaturity was worth killing off 18 active players, Nespo. It seems you haven't changed in the slightest either as you're cherry picking parts from people's posts, ignoring other parts of them and generally acting like a child by posting a low effort meme gif in response to people's discussions that could actually help you and the rest of the staff team get your shit together.

If you really want the server not to die, start by going against your thoughts on deleting this post. You're not helping anyone including yourself by acting like you have for the longest time, the only place you'd be helpful in on the server is gone seeing how you singlehandedly killed a large portion of the playerbase by being butthurt over a faction that doesn't follow your ideals.

Real shame that a server with a fun gamemode is ruined by the people running it but oh well, there's plenty of other things to play and do in real life to compensate.

After I called the new Vault Girl tutorial avatar a whore.
Gyro Count: 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:41 am

I have been sitting back for the past few days and watching this forum topic shaking my head and laughing because it truly is funny. I am personally so fed up with half the crap people say yo me on a daily basis because all I hear is “MikeNespo did this and that and he DELIBERATLEY fucked us over and got us banned because he didn’t like us.” Believe what you want because I posted that little gif because I am tired of constantly having to have to get on and read toxic shit. (Not saying everyone’s post is toxic because there are some good ones). I am tired of being Mike Nespo the pro scapegoat. I am a staff manager. STAAAAAFFFF not PLAYYYYERRRR manager my job is to mainly manage staff and how they can make the server have a good atmosphere. I’m done with it. I literally am tired and annoyed with all the constant harassment to me personally and I am tired of the constant drama that goes on. I am just going to help with resurgence. Also, if a lot of you did not give me your time of day with certain situations in the past why should I give you mine? Some may say “that’s your job” but no. I don’t get paid for this but I like doing it. I am a human being not a robot so stop with the “MIKES FAULT ALLLLL HIS FAULT” because I’ve read that a few times in topics and it’s rather annoying. What Aesop said is somewhat true. The player base is falling because players want different ply styles and it always changes. On top of that, all they want is event after event.

It has come to a point where I have people commenting on YouTube videos of mine that I used for school projects. One of those videos was one about the Vietnam war and my grandpa serving in it and I got comments from people in this community saying things like “Hope your grandpa breathed in enough napalm to have the same amount of cancer that you are”. Are you serious? I’m stopping this here and now because the drama is overwhelming to the point that the WHOLE staff team is annoyed. I am locking this tonight so say your piece before it is locked.

I used my phone to type this so it’s pretty bad but you’ll understand some parts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Mike Nespo wrote:
I have been sitting back for the past few days and watching this forum topic shaking my head and laughing because it truly is funny. I am personally so fed up with half the crap people say yo me on a daily basis because all I hear is “MikeNespo did this and that and he DELIBERATLEY fucked us over and got us banned because he didn’t like us.” Believe what you want because I posted that little gif because I am tired of constantly having to have to get on and read toxic shit. (Not saying everyone’s post is toxic because there are some good ones). I am tired of being Mike Nespo the pro scapegoat. I am a staff manager. STAAAAAFFFF not PLAYYYYERRRR manager my job is to mainly manage staff and how they can make the server have a good atmosphere. I’m done with it. I literally am tired and annoyed with all the constant harassment to me personally and I am tired of the constant drama that goes on. I am just going to help with resurgence. Also, if a lot of you did not give me your time of day with certain situations in the past why should I give you mine? Some may say “that’s your job” but no. I don’t get paid for this but I like doing it. I am a human being not a robot so stop with the “MIKES FAULT ALLLLL HIS FAULT” because I’ve read that a few times in topics and it’s rather annoying. What Aesop said is somewhat true. The player base is falling because players want different ply styles and it always changes. On top of that, all they want is event after event.

It has come to a point where I have people commenting on YouTube videos of mine that I used for school projects. One of those videos was one about the Vietnam war and my grandpa serving in it and I got comments from people in this community saying things like “Hope your grandpa breathed in enough napalm to have the same amount of cancer that you are”. Are you serious? I’m stopping this here and now because the drama is overwhelming to the point that the WHOLE staff team is annoyed. I am locking this tonight so say your piece before it is locked.

I used my phone to type this so it’s pretty bad but you’ll understand some parts

nothing personal kiddo *Teleports Behind*

Two question.
&
One statement? ( I'm Swedish, so I couldn't come up with a better word to use trust trust. )

Question 1: If it's not the staff managers fault the guys who pretty much pick and chooses his employees, then whose fault is it?

Question 2: You put all of the player managers ( staff team ) into power, so why shouldn't we blame the guy who hired them when we are quite obviously *Insert epic analogy here* --> disappointed in the way they have treated the customers? ( is this how an analogy works?, not sure tbh can I have analogy lesson? No? Anyone?... )

Statement: It's always the man with most responsibility & power whos at blame for when the company starts doing badly, and such knowledge should have been well known before assuming the role of "Staff Manager", or whatever pretty title you go by billyboy.

I hope I didn't come off as rude or anything like that cause that was never my intention.
Locking this thread is also a very good idea because I'm pretty sure everyone has almost already spoken their minds.

Off topic: You could always disable comments on your youtube videos if you don't want cancerous reggin stoggaf <-- ( read me backwards ) to post stupid autistic shit on there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serenity38

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:40 pm

My apologies if I sound arrogant in saying this, but I really think most of the things being said aren't necessary. I feel as if the solutions to the current problems are trivial, and are as follows:

1. Put the server under "falloutrp" category so that it actually shows up on listings, rather than sitting way down on the list. Takes 5 minutes and would make a big difference for growth.

2. Fix the fact that as of today, people can't join the server because the redirect is getting worse.
-(I'm talking about the fact that when you join for the first time (and for me as of today, every time) you get immediately sent to a random dayz server.)
-This is probably just in the autorun somewhere and an easy fix, although it could be another software configuration issue or a DNS issue.

3. Optimization & Content
-Reduce the amount of time that corpses stay on the ground, having a ton of ragdolls can't be good on the server
-delete moving parts in maps (such as trains, elevators, etc) that can be abused and used as lag tools by people with ill intent for the server

*Give players things to do besides scavenge and hunt. That's all there really is to do. All you can really do is scavenge to make ammo, then hunt, then scavenge to get more ammo, and it just becomes an endless cycle of scavenging, rather than having anything to do in roleplay really.*

TLDR: If the server was listed under fallout, people browsing gamemodes will find it easier since it wouldn't be at the bottom of a giant list of servers. Fix the redirect that sends players over to the DayZ server. Improve playability by reducing lag (corpses, moving parts) and give players more to do than eat cars and shoot mole rats.

Drama happens when players have nothing to do and get impatient and angry. If players had things to keep themselves busy, I feel like a lot of drama would be gone.

**EDIT** I should elaborate that there are many more things that can be done for optimization, such as removing any addons that aren't used, removing unnecessary think hooks etc, but that is really irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:55 pm

There is no point in saying anything, I don't know why you guys are wasting your time. What's done is done. We just have to wait till Resurgence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:46 pm

TimeSnake wrote:
There is no point in saying anything, I don't know why you guys are wasting your time. What's done is done. We just have to wait till Resurgence.

Well said!

See how many anime I finish!
See how many Light Novel I finish!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STOPTHISFAGGOTRY

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 am

TimeSnake wrote:

That statement is very brash due to the fact, if we dont say anything the issue will never get solved
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Mike Nespo wrote:
On top of that, all they want is event after event.

There isn't really any player interaction besides roleplay which can get boring really fast according to what other people are saying, of course they want some stimulation besides scavenging and hunting how can you blame them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:19 pm

James King wrote:
Mike Nespo wrote:

There isn't really any player interaction besides roleplay which can get boring really fast according to what other people are saying, of course they want some stimulation besides scavenging and hunting how can you blame them.

It was never like that. Back in 2014 people made their own fun and when there were events they didn't whine and cry for rewards. If I hosted an event and didnt give anything all I would hear is " Woooooow wtf bad event omfg made my day shit"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:49 pm

STOPTHISFAGGOTRY wrote:
TimeSnake wrote:

That statement is very brash due to the fact, if we dont say anything the issue will never get solved
But they don't agree with what everyone is putting forth, so there is no point. They have shown that they will not return to what the server was like in the past, so what's the point arguing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muzzleflash

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:44 am

I've always hated events. I know there's probably a bunch of work going into them, but I've never once wanted to take part in one.

I'm very much a merchant type of player, I love making comfortable spaces for players to hang out, buy some food or services or whatever. I think the shops built by players are one of the best things about the experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:33 am

Mike Nespo wrote:
James King wrote:
Mike Nespo wrote:

It was never like that. Back in 2014 people made their own fun and when there were events they didn't whine and cry for rewards. If I hosted an event and didnt give anything all I would hear is " Woooooow wtf bad event omfg made my day shit"

I want to say that people didnt cry about rewards because conglos alone would drop enough loot for the risk of losing your stuff to be worth it. Unless you are talking about more of a roleplay event then i can agree with you on that, even though those types of events were very limited. Also I don't believe most of the people here are using this to complain they just want to improve the situation or reveal the problems with the game-mode. I really do believe what someone previously said about moving the gamemode into FalloutRP, even though its a completely different gamemode, would help the playerbase grow even if most of the players dont stick around. The game is only as good as its playerbase which leads to more interaction and competition.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serenity38

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:15 pm

I think what's important is that the management are able to work on the resurgence server as a priority. It is important that the decay server stays intact but really we just have to work with what we have until then. There's no point putting a bunch of work into a gamemode that will get scrapped soon anyway.

Events would be fun if they had a bit more plot. I've only been in one event and it involved me getting killed accidentally by the admin twice, people complaining, losing gear but then getting a ton from drops. If players just beg for events, they get rushed and then that sort of thing will happen again.

I'd rather have 1-2 really good events a week than 3-4 improvised ones that make me want to log off.

Also, I'd like to agree with muzzleflash, it's really fun when the players create their own rp. Today, we had a little settlement made by Null, where players had shops and we all worked together for a bit to kill enclave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:37 am

I stopped playing a few months ago when me and Benjis PACs were deemed too wild and out there for the setting. That's what drew me to the server, hanging out, working on my PAC, and selling stuff to/healing other players as a rolly robot (sometimes a robo lady). All this talk about how the server's changed drastically, over the years and I've been around for most of that change. Was even staff once though people hardly remember that. I guess I'll briefly go over my history with this server.

I first joined the server in summer 2013, tickling hl2 zombies to death with my cs:s knife, inhaling beans and sleeping on the floor in the bar at Shady Sands.

Didn't even know what PAC was, thought Nightmare was cool for having brotherhood outcast power armor, asking how I could get a suit myself. Now that PAC's been disabled and the server is basically on it's death bed all I can say is I wish I had been on more in the good ol days of 2014 and 2015. When FUBAR and the other major faction had a proper war, not petty borderline incessant griefing from half the playerbase.

back then there wasn't really a need for events, with the server being full all the time, even sometimes during night, which is when the lone night shift sheriff was on. I remember being the sole staff member on in those wee hours of the morning a bunch of times.

Regardless there was a combination of feeling a lack of respect from other staff despite my contributions and displeasure in the way the server content at the time was going more towards a total fallout conversion. I stopped playing for a few months and when I came back I wasn't staff anymore (understandable), people disliked me even more due to some mean girls bullshit from one of Opsan's friends as revealed to me by sibby himself.

After that it was just a lot more of what I usually did as back when I was a mod, minus silently spying on what people were up to in town through their eyes and resolving petty conflicts that arose (seeing how I had no power to do so).

As the major warring people slowed down their wars and started to do shit that would get themselves banned cough fubar exploiting a shitty broken map COUGH the baiting factions started to rise, consolodate in power, and become REALLY cancerous. To the point of if it was another server I doubt it'd be called anything other than griefing or minging.

Joining a faction was a mistake.

Every event I participated in was a clusterfuck and I came out with significantly less than I had when I went in, but kind of fun I guess.

7/10 would go back in time to 2013 to do it again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where the playerbase go?   

Back to top Go down

Where the playerbase go?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: