HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Nobody Can Join (Redirect issue)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serenity38

PostSubject: Nobody Can Join (Redirect issue)   Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:11 pm

As of today, nobody is able to join the server (with Gnomp as the only exception so far)

In the past, the first time that any player joined after starting gmod, they were redirected to a DayZ server. Simply reconnecting would normally fix the problem, and then players could enjoy the server.

However, today, no matter how many times you reconnect, it will send you over to the DayZ server. I spent 2 hours rejoining, connecting via ip, steam, legacy, anything. Nothing works.

I contacted NFO, gave them both IP's. I was told that since you guys are running on a non-standard port (27016, when most default servers use 27015), you guys are running an unmanaged server and thus they could do nothing to fix the problem from their end.

I was told that you guys used to have a "no rules" server where players would get the option to be redirected to. If this wasn't disabled, then it is possible that the box was transferred to this DayZ server and is the root of the issue.

Otherwise, from my experience with lua, I'm guessing you have something in your autorun like a function() RunConsoleCommand"connect 164.132.201.240:27015" end or something of that nature, but I really have no clue otherwise. All I know is the server is now unplayable for 90% of players.

P.S. Null will be posting some recordings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serenity38

PostSubject: Re: Nobody Can Join (Redirect issue)   Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:19 pm

A little more info, apparently staff are able to connect. Seems to be impacting any normal player though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
niko123212321

PostSubject: Re: Nobody Can Join (Redirect issue)   Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Interesting that staff are able to join just fine. I myself am also having issues. It's happening just like this.

https://youtu.be/2PljEdWHCZU

I'd like to join, as I'm in the same boat as Serenity. When talking with others in my faction, it seems they are unable to join as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efex03

PostSubject: Re: Nobody Can Join (Redirect issue)   Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:50 pm

That's hilarious! This happened with an underdone gamemode my friend had. It's really easy to fix. The people with FTP just have to do it.

Richcarlos

PostSubject: Re: Nobody Can Join (Redirect issue)   Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Ive had the same issue as serenity with no reconnecting i tried to connect at 1 am till 2 am and same thing happened to me back then so this problem has been their for a very long time the admin just haven't done anything about it that or they are trying to but its something only the owner can do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Nobody Can Join (Redirect issue)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Suggestions/Bugs/Technical-
Jump to: