HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:06 am

The issue causing players to connect to other random servers when joining has been resolved
Major changes to gamemode administration
You will now properly connect to the server when joining, but the server may not be the same as it once was.

Thank you all so much for putting up with this confusing issue for months, I finally found out what was causing it and I can ensure it won't happen again.

Now that the server is playable again however, there's some things I need to bring up. As you all know, I started this server at the very beginning of 2013, that was a bit over 5 years ago. I've learned a lot in that time, not just how to code, but about myself as a person and my strengths and weaknesses. In that time I've also grown up. No longer am I a teenager who comes home and plays games all day, I have a job, I drive a car and I spend a lot of my free time working on games more than I play them. Needless to say, a gamemode like Fallout: Decay, or as it was originally called, PostnukeRP requires a lot of time and attention, but myself, and everyone involved has grown past that. It's not personally viable for me, or anyone else to take on the role of mediator for a huge set of rules anymore, we've all grown up.

What does this mean?

What I'm saying is that all of the staff, including me, have moved on from the gamemode. We've put five years of effort into it and its time to move on. For many servers, this would mean the server would be getting shut down.

Luckily for Fallout: Decay, that's not entirely the case. While the gamemode cannot continue in its current manner, the game can still be playable within it's gameplay limitations with only a few adjustments, we saw this with the No Rule server a few years back. I've put a lot of hard work into creating the systems and mechanics of the game, work that would be a shame to just bury and completely get rid of, so if it's a choice between having no staff and no rules versus not even having the server up, as long as donations are still coming it and it's remains self sufficient, I'll keep it up. That being said, It will only remain up as long as it continues to pay for itself. I can't afford to keep it up out of pocket right now.

What I'm saying is that as of now, we're going to simply abolish the rules and convert the main server to the no rules server. This will mean several major changes.

• No more PAC3. If there's no one present to administrate the outfits and ensure people aren't making themselves invisible or abusing PAC in some other way, we must remove it. All crafted PAC projectors will be removed from the game.

• Temporary removal of prop building until restrictions can be put in place. Like PAC, the potential abuse for building is too high. That being said, I do have a plan on how to re-implement building, that, if successful, may be something to carry over to Resurgence as Postnuke would provide as a good testing ground for it.

• Randomized Spawn Locations The original no rules server had this, but it was pretty buggy. Now that I'm more experienced, working it out so that you will never spawn to close, or within view of another player will be easy, I'd also like to ensure you don't spawn too close to where you died.

• Aircraft will be removed all aircraft will be removed for the same reasons PAC and Building are being removed. Without administrators, ensuring they are not abused wouldn't be possible, and like PAC Projectors.

• Cars can be dropped anywhere In order to avoid instances where people camp vehicle deployment locations, vehicles will return to their original behavior of being able to be deployed/stored anywhere, as long as the player is not in-combat.

• No more repair system. The repair system will be disabled, armor will simply drop in your box on death.

These are the main changes you can expect, but we may look into implementing and re-visiting smaller changes, I'll keep everyone up to date on that within this post. That being said, I'm sure there will be plenty of questions, such as:

Will there be another reset? I know people are getting sick of this, but since this is probably the biggest change on the server in years, I want to try it with a fresh database. I mean, just imagine how hard it will be for new players to do anything when people who have gained everything from the current state of the server are easily able to stomp them out.

We have rolled back the data for the server and undone the wipe.

I was banned for breaking rules. Now that there are no rules, can I be unbanned?
Starting today all bans that where issued for offenses such as breaking, skirting around, or bending rules will be reconsidered. If you would like your ban to be reconsidered, do not post in "Ban Appeals" as this section of the forums will be getting deleted soon. Instead, shoot me a PM on the forums with your name, whatever you can remember about your ban reason, and your SteamID and I'll look into it whenever I can.
If your ban involved threatening or harassing community members, abusing exploits or hacking, your ban will not be reconsidered.

As for the situation with bans... after seeing how some have acted after being unbanned we have decided to keep all current bans.... Sorry.

Last edited by Bizz on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:15 am

Woah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow"Edgelord"Markov

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:21 am

I for one am very happy to see something like this arise.

It's with high hope I hold that more people, old and new will return to the reformed server.

Thank you for the work you continue to put in even though the criticism and hate!

Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:49 am

The server had a long run. And we did a lot of experimenting. It was educational for sure. And I got to learn a good bit about managing people. Although we had our rough patches and our fights, I'm glad your not shutting down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rev

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Frostburnt was a very huge part of my childhood, and I'm always going to remember it, thanks for the fun times guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Bizz wrote:
I know people are getting sick of this, but since this is probably the biggest change on the server in years, I want to try it with a fresh database.

My Reaction:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richcarlos

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:36 pm

Honestly, I have been banned a total of I believe 3 times never perma-banned and from my experience i believe its kinda shameful because of the fact they gave up on the server. The server was just starting to kick like a baby again; However these guys decided instead to get an abortion. Most of the admin were actually normal people from my experience, with normal lives. I get that you guys got a life but still the server would have grown as a whole easily because of how good the game play was. I won't forget the days spent with many people online in this game even though, I still have hope that you guys can make the rules server back up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Waylon_

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:28 am

Thank you Nightmare, Bizz, Gnomp, and the rest of the team, I haven't met for making this decision. I see a proactive outcome, bringing a new generation of Frostburnt Foundation players! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Waylon_

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:37 am

Anyways, the transition will not be easy though. I know we will lose old core FF people, no doubt. Yet if you dig the DayZ/Rust resemblance, you'll find your place. Welcome to the true wasteland people! Smile

Last edited by _Waylon_ on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STOPTHISFAGGOTRY

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:52 am

@Bizzclaw would you ever just be interested in selling the server how it is? Because a lot of people don't want to see Postnuke/Fallout just crash and burn like the no rules server before. I bet a bunch of people from 2013-2016 era would like to moderate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Waylon_

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:43 am

Yummy, I wanna see you online. I hope you're not rusty boi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ching Cha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:36 pm

mission passed 
    respect +
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:19 am

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Wtf im gone for a little over a week and the server is totally nuked?

also, was this just done spontaneously? I get that its your server but i mean i heard nothing of total wipe, there were no announcements to staff (well at least that i could see), and why? I get the server seemed to be dying, but im confused by the motives to do it all of a sudden. maybe there was a lot leading up to this that i did not see, but i still feel blindsided.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:03 pm

Dick Harvey wrote:
also, was this just done spontaneously? I get that its your server but i mean i heard nothing of total wipe, there were no announcements to staff (well at least that i could see), and why? I get the server seemed to be dying, but im confused by the motives to do it all of a sudden. maybe there was a lot leading up to this that i did not see, but i still feel blindsided.

If you were literate, you would notice Bizzclaw said
Bizzclaw wrote:
PostnukeRP requires a lot of time and attention, but myself, and everyone involved has grown past that. It's not personally viable for me, or anyone else to take on the role of mediator for a huge set of rules anymore, we've all grown up.

Anyways it barely got funding aswell and this is what we'll get now.

Danny no:

http://www.frostburnt.com/t3643-caramelldansen-is-our-savoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triarius
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:52 pm

Noodlers wrote:
If you were literate
haah NICE RASTA +1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ching Cha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Dread locked Rasta :l
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:00 pm

Do not Flame on this post.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Can we get cannibalism back dude, cultivars don’t exist and canned beans steal xp

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dick Harvey

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Noodlers wrote:
Dick Harvey wrote:

Bizzclaw wrote:
PostnukeRP requires a lot of time and attention, but myself, and everyone involved has grown past that. It's not personally viable for me, or anyone else to take on the role of mediator for a huge set of rules anymore, we've all grown up.

Your quote says its not personally viable to be a mediator of a large set of rules, that is not the question i asked. if you were able to halfway comprehend a simple sentence, maybe you'd be able to actually roast someone instead of making yourself look like an ignoramus. I asked why it happened all of a sudden without announcement to staff. I don't know who you are or why you feel the need to troll on this servers forums, but please take it elsewhere if that's all you can contribute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Dick Harvey wrote:
Noodlers wrote:
Dick Harvey wrote:

Bizzclaw wrote:

Your quote says its not personally viable to be a mediator of a large set of rules, that is not the question i asked. if you were able to halfway comprehend a simple sentence, maybe you'd be able to actually roast someone instead of making yourself look like an ignoramus. I asked why it happened all of a sudden without announcement to staff. I don't know who you are or why you feel the need to troll on this servers forums, but please take it elsewhere if that's all you can contribute.

I am not going to hop on the argument, but Noodlers was fairly long time staff member. He is retired now though.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:26 pm

Dick Harvey wrote:
Noodlers wrote:
Dick Harvey wrote:

Bizzclaw wrote:

Do you know anyone from the staff team from before Nightmare?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley

PostSubject: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:29 pm

This update is the final nail in the coffin rip Decay 2013-2018 lets all hope resurgence doesn’t slowly decay well like decay did

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:53 pm

Riley wrote:
This update is the final nail in the coffin rip Decay 2013-2018 lets all hope resurgence doesn’t slowly decay well like decay did

Sent from Topic'it App
Well I mean, nothing is forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightmare
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:09 pm

So after looking at things and seeing how the community reacted to us trying out a wipe for the switch to no rules Bizz and I have decided to revert the wipe and restore everyone's characters. What this means is everyone will have their players, items, factions, and anything else from before the wipe again however we still plan to keep the changes we made to the server such as no rules, no WAC, no PAC, and so on... The server will continue to function with out staff however there will be a select few with the powers to host events if and when they have the time to give you some things to do. Some of the events may include a free for all while holding mining bases to collect resources and small random NPC attacks/convoys. We want you all to have a good time so we will be giving out large scale loot rewards such as T60s, X02s, Tesla, Mini-guns and more!

So the short and sweet of it is everyone gets their stuff back from before the wipe but the no rules stay...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.   

Back to top Go down

Connection issues resolved and a major change to the gamemode.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Announcements-
Jump to: