Shifting Focus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:40 am

Shifting Focus

This isn't really an easy thing to say, so I'm just going to be straight forward. Starting today Nightmare and I will be fully moving away from Fallout: Decay and will be shutting the server down at then end of 4/4/2018.

Thank you all for sticking through all of this, not just the last few months, but for the last five years. After all of this time, It's time for all of us to move on. Going forward we want to dedicate all of our focus on working on Resurgence and I want to further my career as a programmer. We just don't really have any interest in working on or maintaining Decay anymore, especially when it takes away form us working on Resurgence, which will ultimately replace Decay anyways.

In the future, we're going to be making new forums from scratch for Resurgence and will be retiring these forums at the same time the server will shut down. As for the teamspeak, it will stay up for the foreseeable future because I'm too stubborn to move to discord.

All of us are thankful for the experience this last five years has been and I'm glad to have met the people I've met.That being said, we all look forward to seeing you in Resurgence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Raccoon

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:52 am

goodbye. so long. farewell. toodaloo. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raccoon

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:56 am

you should just honestly sell the server and everything that has to do with it to someone else so they can run it. it would be off your hands and in someone else's. plus we'd still have decay for the people that still wanna play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:45 am

It would be cool if you kept a locked version of the forums so that people can see where it all started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Westen
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Raccoon wrote:
you should just honestly sell the server and everything that has to do with it to someone else so they can run it. it would be off your hands and in someone else's. plus we'd still have decay for the people that still wanna play.

That is a bit more complicated than you think, me and tellion both looked into it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StuartBigDick

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Regardless if Bizz decides his efforts in Decay arn't worthwhile, he should still decide to release the servercode so other people can benefit from its nostalgia. I mean, removing a few systems in place he bought wouldn't change the gamemode significantly, just leave parts of the gamemode broken until someone else can replace/fix. Honestly, I think it's a decision based on playerbase. Think about it, more people would play on Decay rather than Resurgence.. The gamemode has built a unique playerbase over the past few years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Westen
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:15 pm

StuartBigDick wrote:
Regardless if Bizz decides his efforts in Decay arn't worthwhile, he should still decide to release the servercode so other people can benefit from its nostalgia. I mean, removing a few systems in place he bought wouldn't change the gamemode significantly, just leave parts of the gamemode broken until someone else can replace/fix. Honestly, I think it's a decision based on playerbase. Think about it, more people would play on Decay rather than Resurgence.. The gamemode has built a unique playerbase over the past few years.

He doesn't need to release the server to the public, other communities on gmod would ruin the gamemode via running it and behaving within its environment in a way that would look bad on the original etc. just look at things like DarkRP that are toxic and cancerous, if someone bizz thinks can handle it decides to run it etc good for them. But my advice is wait for resurgence its gonna be better. ~Westen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StuartBigDick

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:29 pm

Westen wrote:
StuartBigDick wrote:

He doesn't need to release the server to the public, other communities on gmod would ruin the gamemode via running it and behaving within its environment in a way that would look bad on the original etc. just look at things like DarkRP that are toxic and cancerous, if someone bizz thinks can handle it decides to run it etc good for them. But my advice is wait for resurgence its gonna be better. ~Westen

However a community decides to run PostNukeRP into the ground is their choice, it wont dis-credit the gamemode itself, rather the playerbase of that specific community. It's sort of ironic with Frostburnt when you think about it. The only instance I found with your argument to be true is when DCWastelander obtained an older copy of FF and decided to paste from that said copy. He later decided to run a server under DarkRP in hopes to attract a larger playerbase. Regardless what he did, he still made the server enjoyable. A lot of people from this community want to expand the gamemode for the reasons of Nostalgia, or atleast a greater part host local servers and fight bizz's npcs (We all know how fun getting blown up by conglomerates can be).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:57 pm

Dammit, I knew this would happen and it saddens me to see this. Regarding the new forums how will we be informed of it, and how much longer will these forums be accessible? pale

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Westen
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:00 pm

StuartBigDick wrote:
Westen wrote:
StuartBigDick wrote:

However a community decides to run PostNukeRP into the ground is their choice, it wont dis-credit the gamemode itself, rather the playerbase of that specific community. It's sort of ironic with Frostburnt when you think about it. The only instance I found with your argument to be true is when DCWastelander obtained an older copy of FF and decided to paste from that said copy. He later decided to run a server under DarkRP in hopes to attract a larger playerbase. Regardless what he did, he still made the server enjoyable. A lot of people from this community want to expand the gamemode for the reasons of Nostalgia, or atleast a greater part host local servers and fight bizz's npcs (We all know how fun getting blown up by conglomerates can be).

I'm just letting you know there's no chance that bizz nor any of the other founders/devs will release decay to the public, its their time work and intellectual property to do what they want with and unless you or someone else can change their minds its staying archived.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StuartBigDick

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:20 pm

Westen wrote:
StuartBigDick wrote:
Westen wrote:
StuartBigDick wrote:

I'm just letting you know there's no chance that bizz nor any of the other founders/devs will release decay to the public, its their time work and intellectual property to do what they want with and unless you or someone else can change their minds its staying archived.

You're speaking as if you're Bizz himself. Would rather hear it from him. Last time I was in a teamspeak with him, he told people the main issue was the in the "Paid addons" his server which he couldn't release. He would rather give the code to some manipulative self-destructive teenager rather to someone who could actually benefit from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Download postnukeRP and make your own edits if you think you can do better.

http://postnukerp.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Haha plz Jizzclaw gibe me code u hav work on f0r only small amount of 5 year on?!?! hell0? y no gibe yur work 2 mi? I wanna hav nostalgi game moed bak agin... plz i wanna creat my own DCwasteelad server uh i mean TruWasteland hehe actuly mean cyborgdonotcry.. sori I mean PNRP mode. so staph being a jew and kep ur work 4 urself? I mean i paypal u 69$ to BizzClawCoder@69AnimeMe.Cum dats ur paypal rite? I also promiz 2 buy all adons u buy for server so u dont haf 2 remov it from the sourcecode yes?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ching Cha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Most of the people who play don't have a good enough computer to run a program like resurgence.

(You should all join me on console)
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 pm

rip in pears, pastanoodle RP.

Ay yo gibsmedat sourcecode I know you only been working on it since 2013 but shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:58 pm

It was fun. I have so many stories about this gamemode but, I don't want to go to much on it. I remember the zombies when I first played all the way to now. It was a fun ride and I can't wait for Resurgence.

Mathew -Lone Scout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:54 pm

one final shitpost before the forums go away forever.
http://puu.sh/zWyuo/fc5634b476.mp4

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Waylon_

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:02 am

Love all of your work, hopefully a brighter future comes with your hard effort! Will keep in touch. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Focus   

Back to top Go down

Shifting Focus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Announcements-
Jump to: