HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Bug Report] Bugs dont give out XP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: [Bug Report] Bugs dont give out XP   Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:48 am

As stated in the title, the new mobs known as "Bugs" dont give out XP when killed. I believe it was a simple mistake from bizzclaw, unless its a desired mechanic, in which case i would find rather dubious. I like to think it was just Bizzclaw forgetting to set the XP on kill. They should award a decent ammount of XP, they are rather tough to kill, takes a good bunch of ammo to take them down and they deal a nasty amount of damage if you get caught out.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Bug Report] Bugs dont give out XP   Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Not a mistake of mine, it's the guy who coded the NPCs and I'm aware of this issue. on their death they do not call the gamemode to tell it that the npc was killed by a player. I haven't yet gotten around to fixing this because I'm taking break. they'll probably give 5~10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Bug Report] Bugs dont give out XP   Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:35 am

I suggest 10, they take a rather good amount of rounds to take down. ok, dumb as bricks, but still the tough SoBs

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Bug Report] Bugs dont give out XP   Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:57 am

I wish they were deadlier.... You can easily sneak around one without it even knowing you're there.

Either that or swap them out with Warriors. Good lord those things are evil.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Bug Report] Bugs dont give out XP   Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:12 pm

We've been only playing on Mojave which actually isn't AI noded, meaning that since they don't have navigational tips they are absolutely retarded. Its not their fault, the map just isn't set up properly. If we played on another map they just come at you, and it's seriously scary.
Back to top Go down
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [Bug Report] Bugs dont give out XP   Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
We've been only playing on Mojave which actually isn't AI noded, meaning that since they don't have navigational tips they are absolutely retarded. Its not their fault, the map just isn't set up properly. If we played on another map they just come at you, and it's seriously scary.
incorrect its BALLS scary like get five of them after you and being left with 15 HP after a failed parkour? Shit and now even have a gun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Bug Report] Bugs dont give out XP   Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 am

incorrect about what, the lack fo AI nodes? Do you even knwo what those are..? regardless if you tihnk they're scarey now, you should see them in the canals of outercanals at night time. o-o
Back to top Go down
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Bug Report] Bugs dont give out XP   Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:26 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
incorrect about what, the lack fo AI nodes? Do you even knwo what those are..? regardless if you tihnk they're scarey now, you should see them in the canals of outercanals at night time. o-o
seen it, been there, survived. honestly, just sprint at the right times and you'll survive, lure them into open areas for you to have freedom of movement or get yourself into a small innaccessible area for them and shoot from your hidey hole.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Bug Report] Bugs dont give out XP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1