HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule   Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:14 pm

A death of you commander: He will come back right?
A death in Serious RP event. (not a random RP event): meh its done lets move on.

My idea....
RP event death: NO NOT THAT!
now:
A death of your commander: NO! WHY! OMG! YOU KILLED HIM! IM GOING TO KILL YOU!
A death in serious RP event.(not a random RP event): he's gone....forever.....why.....
-------------------
Welcome to the Serious RP death....
You die. THAT'S IT! NO RE-SPAWN NO RE-DO NO "ILL GET YOU LATER FOR THAT!"
NOTHING! you die,you die.
you may be thinking:
Nope bad idea.
Well think of it like this.
You and another man are in the street, long ago rivals, ready to kill each other.
Non-RPEDR(RP Event Death Rule)
Boom! one goes down.
3 mins later...
Nice shot!
Ty!
-----------
Me:...really?
------------
RPEDR
Boom! One goes down.
no later...he is gone...forever....
----------------------------
Me: start digging his grave folks... don't want the zombies to show up do we?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
RPEDR base rules:
----
Not Used:
Raiding on another player/faction.
RDM
CDM
Hits(unless RP heavy(back story to it))
Mistakes
No real reason to kill other then petty things(Annoying,Time wasting,Spam,ect.)
----
Used:
RPed Death at meetings of factions.
RPed Death at Duels.
Anything Heavy in rp when you die during the event you lose your char and must make a new Name(New name in full not changing john to Johnny)
Unless:
Death was not planed to happen(RDM or CDM only)
Miss fire turns to Blood bath(Re-do IS in order)
Doesn't follow rules of RPEDR(see lower on this page)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*RPEDR also are not for just killing its to also bring meaning to the event(to show how important the event is)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules for RPEDR:
1.Admin must be present to the RP event or it is not a RP Death (Admin must be neutral to all sides(factions/players) in the event)
2.Admin must know its a RP event/RP death (Admin must be neutral to all sides(factions/players) in the event)
3.Admin must NOT Show him/her self in event (To not hint at RP death)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RP Re-birth Rule(RPRBR):
You died in a RP event!
now you must start a new life!
----------------------------------
RPRBR rules:
1.New name in full( not a slight change but a new name altogether
2.New Look(Not really needed)
3.You don't know anyone at all.(not your friends, not you faction, no one!)
4.Don't say your old name or hint at the old you.

*Any person with ban,kick and Teleport ULX command access can watch over event.(if mod: must tell a admin before carrying out task)
*If player died or is dead claiming to not knowing the rules it is up to the admin to decide if the player is dead in RP event or not.

Last edited by Bestegold K Redgold on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Reject of Srs inject added)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule   Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Bestegold. stop. This asks for a lot of supervision, is overly complicated and would make new players ragequit and curse and whine and cry all over their fucking mics and we dont want any of that.

If you want to have an RP death, do it with people who want the RP experience

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule   Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:20 pm

why this is not true:
1st it a rp.... you come for RP experience... i don't go to a sand box for a rp experience i dont go to a rp for a sand box experience....
2nd A rare event such as RP Deaths having to much supervision?!?! It's 1 mod or admin.....
It's a rare event.
3rd Yes if this happened to me i would be Pissed as hell but... i walked into the trap i accepted the event i walked blindly into it. Plus what new person would Go to a meeting with people like Monroe...
and furthermore what bad admin would follow a guy around to let him kill people and call it a rp death!
I mean it can't be a admin friend seeing it has to be a neutral admin to the new player and the killer i mean i stated it in the post it had to be a neutral to all sides.

So jeff all tho you are my friend i need to say this:
Before you shoot me or anyone's idea down:
RE-READ!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frag Trantor
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule   Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Alright Bestegold. I tried to understand as much of what you wrote as possible, so here is my comment:

While I do support the idea of giving deaths a meaning, the way you want to go about it seems both inpractical and even almost impossible. I see it failing at the point where each player has to decide for himself if he wants to use those rules or not. As much as I both appreciate and encourage serious RP, I wouldn't want to lose all the contacts I made as well as the faction I am in, and I can see many players thinking the same. Not to mention that some named their forum account after their characters, a connection which would disappear. And even if players would follow this rule, they would probably end up being recruited into their previous faction again, simply because they picked being with those other players and enjoy playing with them.

The second point where I see the idea crumble is the list where it would apply to and where not. Technically, every illegal kill is either RDM, CDM or a mistake, and I think all of us agree that in such cases a rule as heavy as that wouldn't apply.
With the list of illegal kills in our head, we can say that every other kill is legal and falls under performing a hit, faction war or rp related fighting over resources and such. Even something like a duel would fall under the definition of a war, as it is a regulated conflict between two groups.
Looking at it from this viewpoint, all the possible deaths caused by other players are in the list where this ruling wouldn't apply to. In addition I really think that that rule is a bit drastic.

So in order to give dying at least a little bit of a meaning, I'll say something like "The pain sent me unconscious, but I survived heavily wounded and I had to pay a doctor to patch me up again. Also, thanks guys for taking my stuff but not checking if I'm still alive. I had to fight a few zombies with my bare hands on my way back!" Gone with the Blastwave reference? Anyone get it? Hehehe...

Last edited by Frag Trantor on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule   Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Frag Trantor i 99% agree with you but there needs to be something like this at-least with wars in Factions where A player dies he cant keep fighting the enemy... He died in battle... if i have to kill the same guy over and over the war will never end! ya thats fun and all but in real life a war ends sometime when the enemy is dead! I dont want to have to Kill the same dude 27 times! dude your dead stay dead! im trying to wipe you faction out! so stay dead! thoughts on how this can be done? or if its a good idea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule   Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Well, the thing is about that is the "Oh I killed you already, stay dead!" thing makes wars boring. I fought in the Legion's war against the Golden Crosses' Crusade, and it was pretty fun blasting away at the enemies on the hills 300 meters away. Although I never died in that war, I could say that it would have been over REALLY fast, as the Legion was ambushed in our base, we took massive casualties, pretty much only me and Alaska managed to make it out alive.

So, thing I'm trying to say is that, sure, Perma-kills are a good concept, but not really fun for wars. Although I do like the whole 'Assassination' thing, because taking out enemy leaders brings a new meaning to it, because instead of it being like, 'Oh, you took out their leader in a firefight, their morale will be low and they'll be unleaded for the whole battle, so maybe we'll win this time' it's like 'Oh my God, we just took out their leader, we'll definitely win with no one to lead them!'

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Maybe there could be a system (although it would be a little complicated) that if you are a founder of a group and are killed by bullets, you have a respawn timer?

PostSubject: Re: Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:35 pm

That's like Clockwork, you have like to wait for like 30 seconds until re spawning.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:44 pm

no 30 secs is way to low. how about 1 min?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule   Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:56 pm

now some serious problems/glitches with your idea, what abour organized militaristic factions? Since they are militarily-based (Monroe im looking at you you highly-efficient easy-to-snipe Mass squad deployers) usually if their "rp" leader dies (ill use monroe as a example since they are literally thet only one that stand now) the second highest ranking-officer will rise to the role, so lets say General Mat dies in a Rp way, the faction would be disorganized until news goes to Rittz (major) and he takes the role of general. Also what about raider factions who have NO leader at all? (Alaska + Demon)
Heck even non-violent factions like Red-Cross(medics) and Yuno (farmer)

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule   Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:04 pm

How about this, we stop bitching about rp. Its a game to simulate real life not be the same exact thing. Lets leave this thing to serious rpers. Not change the whole entire server point of view just from a group of serious rp. I agree with the 30 seconds until u spawn. But the new life thing would be out ragely stupid. The prices of everything will go down or sky rocket. I like my baretta enough, if i would ever sell it, I would sell it 1000 of each. It could cause stupid rp situations, buy my barretta then i kill u for it back and your backpack(Instant profit). Just think about it.
Thats my response
(also if you want this to be so realistic go play Dayz)
-Yummy

Last edited by Yummy on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
Back to top Go down

Rp Event Death Rule / RP Re-birth Rule
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1