Understanding of Admin Circumstance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:11 pm

the one thing i find so sad is,
fewer people respect admins,
and fewer people care about the admins,
BUT what we don't know is we are allowed to play on a server in peace because of admins and mods.
Yet day in and day out admins are insulted.
they spend their free time and maybe more to protect us and help us, and people insult them for caring.
So in light of this i would like to say thank you admins,mods,CSC,Super admins,and Server Co-owners.
I invite who ever cares about their fellow admins to do the same and post a thank you in this topic because without them we wouldn't have what we have.

Last edited by Bestegold K Redgold on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : have to make it more clear to dum dums)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm a chill guy who never really had to deal with any sort of extreme stuff and never have been a Major Dic. to someone, so I typically I don't get called out, but my time will run out eventually I guess.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:12 pm

.... tactical bacon...wtf does this have to do with thanking admins?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:01 pm

I mean by that, no ones ever given me shit because of me doing my job. I've rarely seen people do that, except for like two other people. By that, Kiruclanz VS Demon and Alaska (and Chris too I think)

In fact, I can't even think of when people actually insult admins on a daily basis. Other than mingebags, those are different. Anyways, admins have done some things that helped me, so tanks.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Well, we actually do get alot of shit Bacon. I myself and I'm sure alot of the other admins can agree when I say this, we get accused alot of abuse. When we win something fare and square we get accused of admin abuse. It does get kinda annoying and makes it hard to play the game. A lot of the admins actually have to change their names because of this.

Thanks for this thread though. It's nice to see that some players know what we go though. Makes the job a lot easier when we know people are thankful.

Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:36 pm

If I can put my two cents, the only time I had a bit of a problem with an admin was the other day when BlankJones turned his model into an amnesia monster and started goofing around and no clipping into the ground and whatnot. No harm was done and nothing was lost or gained but the experience wasn't really RP as it was just goofing off.

If he woulda have done some sort of supernatural character using PAC3 and having effects that emulated magic to meld into and from the ground and doing other arcane shennanigans with PAC3, I woulda enjoyed it.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Ah Mushroom, I didn't realize that a lot of admins get accused of things when they do something. Like I remember Panda Bot or someone was accusing Alaska of spawning in guns, although I never have seen Alaska scavenging... aboose.

Anyways, I'm pretty new to the Frostburnt Foundation staff, and heck, I don't even consider myself to be an actual staff member. So far I haven't really seen any admins being accused of legitimate abuse of power, other than I was discussing with some other guys in the Teamspeak about how somehow, Nightmare managed to kill four guys all armed with SAWs and he only had a UMP45 and how the Golden Cross who got into a fight with Bizzclaw, and they got in like sixteen AWP shots to his face and still didn't die.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Wait. You are on the staff?

Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:04 pm

He's a Moderator

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Well I added him to the rank now lol

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:11 am

It's a weird balance, for some of the staff people seem to have strange problems with because of how they act in character, however for all of the staff members who don't do anything but administrate everyone worships and fears them. In the entire time I've been running this server, which is almost a year I haven't been raided a single time. I'm guessing it's because I'm too busy coding to RP now these days, or because people don't want to get on the wrong side of the founder. Personally I wouldn't mind getting raided Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:12 am

I remember when me, Strelok and Chris Maverick raided a admin base... I remember you having dev mode on :p

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:06 am

Well I don't get shit on that often, unless I deliberately call out a player for doing something unwelcoming to me or the players im playing with (RDM X1), usually this happens because of the lack of information between the players and I. It also helps that if you are more active in the game and usually seen as beneficial. then you can be appreciated and noticed.

But thank you for your kind words man

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Honestly I don't raid admins simply because if your an admin not only do you have mass amounts of power but you also almost always have more time spent on the server so you typically have more fire power and what not to defend yourself, it's a shame because normally admins are the only ones who actually build bases.

But thank you admins for keeping the server a fun and safe playing environment and dealing with everyones pity problems

Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Understanding of Admin Circumstance   Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:07 pm

You're welcome, Rittz;)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII

Understanding of Admin Circumstance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1