HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Hits and a new way to do them.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Hits and a new way to do them.   Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:21 am

Honestly the fact that we have hits doesn't bother me, its just the fact that people can simply murder you and so oh well I had a hit...... then they just get off scott free cus they said they had a hit whether they actually had one or not. My idea on the system is that when you are a wastelander and someone wants a hit you can type /accepthits or something and the person can press e on you, select the targets, how much he is gonna pay, and the reason, this way for each hit we have a document for it. You could even have a bounty system where the first person to kill him gets the reward.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:58 am

We need the darkRP hit man system.

Ban

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:04 pm

My thoughts exactly!

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Could it be integrated without it busting everything we have? Need James to say yay or nay on that one.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 am

let me just wave my magical coding stick and assemble the fairy dust to perform this task.
Lol but seriously, it's a good idea but I don't think I cold code it just yet.
I could buy this script and convert it to work with PNRP though
http://coderhire.com/scripts/view/534
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:37 pm

If you think the server can afford it, discuss it with the CSC. I was only asking your opinion if it was a possibility. You're the boss James, you know best.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:48 pm

I like it. I like it a lot. It's a stretch, and might not even be possible at all, but if there was some way to make it so that the HitmanX was only accessible through a bounty board that hitmen could craft... That would be awesome.

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:
I like it. I like it a lot. It's a stretch, and might not even be possible at all, but if there was some way to make it so that the HitmanX was only accessible through a bounty board that hitmen could craft... That would be awesome.
And would be so much more RP too! Would make it so that Wastelanders can have offices next to their boards and talk to their clients on what was done, what are the expectations, methods of execution, the works. It is up to the bounty hunter to make sure all his hits are valid and the reason why the client wants someone dead is for RP reasons, not just "BECUZ I DUNT LIEK HIM, DURR HURR HURR" Also, I agree there should be a cooldown of 5 minutes between hits and a person cannot be target of more than 1 hit per 15 minutes, making sure someone is not repeatedly killed by many different bounty hunters contracted by the same guy or group of folks who want to ruin someone's time on the server

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Yeah there is alot of bullshit saying oh I hired X and X, and to my eternal shame I have participated in at least one when legion was at war with the GC. We should just have a confirmation thingy if you wanted to place a hit on X and havel ike a marker on them in firstperson like a red arrow or sumthing

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:27 pm

I really hope this gets implemented.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:37 pm

You know what I just realized? Maybe you could upload hits via the Gterminals... Finally, a REAL, practical use for them. I dunno.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:50 pm

The terminals... I have seen only one. I tried to run the thing but I couldn't figure it out IC and OOC. Feels its uneeded. I rather have a classic wood bounty board like the ones in Farcry 3.
I'm not talking the exact mechanic, but just how one would look like, classic and RP friendly.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:58 am

I like the bounty board idea........ it could work just like DarkRp hitmen but when you place a hit the bounty hunter has to come back and decide whether he wants to accept the hit or not.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:07 pm

Exactly! Just take the small billboard prop from CS:S and make it craftable, then integrate it with the HitmanX mod. I don't know if it's too much to ask, or if it's even possible. But it would interesting and it would easily conquer the whole "He RDM'd me!" "No, it was a hit!" "Well then prove it!" nonsense that happens all the time.

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Exactly that!!! And the billboard could keep a record of who placed a hit on who, how much and whatnot. This is most interesting idea. Alaska is credit to CSC

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:20 pm

"I AM CREDIT TO TEAM."

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Wait a second... Can other people just access the board thing? Or is it like the only person who can access it is the hitman himself? Or does he just hit men?

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:09 pm

The Hitman, crafts and installs the board. From the board, he can accept and deny hits. Others may place hit requests and their prices.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Bounty Hunting Process:

Back to top Go down
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:07 am

All I see is. "Wanted Mushrooms"

Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:55 pm

So James if you see this can it be implemented atm?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghotil

PostSubject: Re: Hits and a new way to do them.   Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:52 pm

We already kinda do it rp-wise by making a board and putting paper on it, then bringing the bounty to the poster and accepting hte hit, and keeping the paper as proof.

Hits and a new way to do them.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1