HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Safeland

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rittz

PostSubject: Safeland   Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:08 pm

Reasons why its a safeland:
1. People don't have to protect their items because none of it breaks, the only thing that does is a solar panel and you need an RP reason to break it so no one protects their items because they don't have to. Point being you don't have to protect the things you worked so hard for
Suggestion: make them break so people have a reason to protect them

2.Not enough zombies, anyone can walk out and gather resources without worrying about zombies or any threats in that matter so there is no real reason to even carry a weapon because if you encounter a zombie you can just run from it and be perfectly safe
Suggestion: Add more zombies/threats to enforce people to carry weapons

3. Players are to kind, there are hardly any wars and when there is everyone goes hog wild and then they all get pissy there needs to be more player vs. player conflict because right now everyone is everyone's friend
Suggestion: Raise amount of zombies so people get less resources so it starts more conflict over resources and people get into more wars

I tried to take matters into my own hands and "play" the bad guy and got into wars and such to start more player conflict and all that did for me was get players to hate me and only me and cause a community to disband and didn't start any real conflict, except now they all hate me.

I realize it would be a struggle for new players to get started with if you did add all the zombies and threats but it would be more beneficial in my opinion to make it have a little more challenge and have new players actually have to bind together in groups to scavenge and that in return would make new communities and better overall experience.

Doing this would also force people to form bases and or community outposts to stay out of the harsh environment that is the wasteland, which would also give players more chances to raid and such and make the overall gamemode funner

I know many other players would like to see a little more challenge in the wasteland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Re add Deathclaws = Fix

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EijiMaebara

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:34 pm

I agree. See, I don't play often anymore, mainly because there's no more goddamn combat. I wanted to build bases, make communities, gather resources and become rich. And while I've done the last two, the first is what mainly kept me. Because of the lack of that, I've been playing quite a bit of DayZ Epoch lately. Modular building system, I can group up, visit trader cities, gather resources, and, most of all, go full-on bandit. There's even hordes of zombies that actually pose a /threat/.

I agree, like I said. More combat would be nice and maybe I'll make a return to PNRP.

It's the internet. Don't take everything so seriously.
If you can't take what I say, get the fuck out. Doesn't matter who you are, or what status you have.
And if you ain't a sandwich, I've got nothin' to say to ya.

Wut:

This is me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:31 pm

I don't mind more threats in the game and more character conflict as long as people don't go in the tropes of Evil/stupid and Chaotic/stupid. I would love to see evil characters, just asking as they keep a certain level of classiness. I like me a "Mysterious, Mustache-Twirling, Top Hat and Monocle Gentleman BBEG" BBEG meaning Big Bad Evil Guy.

Someone do this please and I will definitely be inclined in helping such a character.

I like to see my character as Lawful/Good at the moment but I think I could slope to Lawful/Evil if given a good reason.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 am

Rittz if you are talking about our war, we didn't disband, Rice just goes batshit crazy about supplies and kicks everyone. They all know why they were kicked and are coming back

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:24 pm

I just think the number one reason why no one does the bad guy is because when you do do stuff like that they tend to get angry and end up hating you as a person instead of hating you as a RPer then people RDM because they either dont know the rules or are so pissed because you raided them every 30 mins starts because your killing every chance you get to keep this bad guy theme
(Speaking from experience)

My suggestion would be add more NPC threats and such so people have to have a real community to say scavenge with and whatnot because it wouldn't be safe to travel in groups of one.

I am just sick of the safeland period and when I try to get some interesting things going on people and up hating me and resorting to rude language just because i raided them and took their shit and they later go to war and get even more pissed because they lose more shit and it turns into a never ending cycle of hate

Raksho

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:49 am

I agree wholeheartedly, I have pretty much quit the server. TBH I don't think i'll be coming back unless they make it more wastelandish. really if this is a POSTNUKE rp, make it actually seem like a wasteland with all the danger that comes with (MORE PLAYER FUCKING RISK)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:06 am

welp looks like I'll have to not make the server as wasteland-like to keep raksho away !_!
Lolno.
In all seriousness, the gas masks, toxins and radiation system should add a bit more to the wasteland once it's done.
Also I I just realized you could eat food while wearing a gas mask. I gotta fix this by going in to the code for all the foods and running a check if the player is wearing one. x-x

Also I don't think that deathclaws that run in circles are very threatening bacon..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:19 am

I think simply there could be less normal zombies and more fast zombies...... they could also have more health..... do more damage..... and spawn closer to each other that way when you are gonna be fighting zombies you are gonna have to deal with more than one which could be dangerous if you are by yourself against say.... 5-10 fast zombies.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:52 am

I want the environment to be more hostile in general. It'd be nice if I could find ways to make the land itself want to kill you, not just it's inhabitants. sort of like the anomalies in stalker, but not that direct. Anyone have any ideas about that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:31 pm

mmmh.... How about local situational environmental hazards. You're near a hill? landslide! You're out in the open field? old http://www.frostburnt.com/t615-some-more-suggestions-fixes First page, last few posts we talk about satelites and comet storms that could happen once in a while.

Earthquakes could happen and any piece of equipment, like Miners, power sources (generators, fusion gens, etc) and even prop buildings could be damaged, so not well-made buildings could collapse and other infrastructures could be a hazard to settlements. We could also have gas leaks in water, making it contaminated and requiring the scientist to either treat every bottle or the source itself, leading to RP.

Acid rains could ruin plants if someone has an outside plantation. We could have parasites as well for fruits, so on rare occasions, the fruit you eat hurts you a bit instead of fill your hunger.

What about Wild fires as well? generators could, on rare occasion, ignite and cause a spreading fire until its put out.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghotil

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
mmmh.... How about local situational environmental hazards. You're near a hill? landslide! You're out in the open field? old http://www.frostburnt.com/t615-some-more-suggestions-fixes First page, last few posts we talk about satelites and comet storms that could happen once in a while.

Earthquakes could happen and any piece of equipment, like Miners, power sources (generators, fusion gens, etc) and even prop buildings could be damaged, so not well-made buildings could collapse and other infrastructures could be a hazard to settlements. We could also have gas leaks in water, making it contaminated and requiring the scientist to either treat every bottle or the source itself, leading to RP.

Acid rains could ruin plants if someone has an outside plantation. We could have parasites as well for fruits, so on rare occasions, the fruit you eat hurts you a bit instead of fill your hunger.

What about Wild fires as well? generators could, on rare occasion, ignite and cause a spreading fire until its put out.
I agree, with all of these actually! except earthquakes, because honestly you cant defend against thoes without being a godamn architecht.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:53 pm

ASTEROIDS!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Perhaps add a hot-cold system? Like on desert maps it's burning in the day, requiring people to drink more water and in the night since it's so cold you'll need to eat more since your character IC is shivering to burn more calories, therefore making you need to eat more. Would be hard to script however.

EDIT: I would like to see more community wars for a reason... People fight each other because either A. They're bored, B. One is bored, C. One has an ego bigger than the size of their head.

We need more IC reasons for people to fight, such as wars over resources, land, and heck, even ideas, it would be TRULY interesting to see communities dispute each over politics, religions, etc...

No ones really wanted to take over the wasteland and establish their own flag over it, why? No reason to, wars and hard to fund and in the end, you know someones going to start an insurgency.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Jeff that may be some of the best ideas I've ever read come from keyboard I am 100% for Jeff's ideas

I have been trying to create as much conflict as possible in the past 3 days just to try and start things but then I turn into the biggest dickhead/faggatron on the server in there eyes because I want more interesting things to happen

But the whole environmental disasters idea is my favorite hands down

Raksho

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:30 pm

If you want to get away from Player vs Player conflict and move towards more Player vs Environment then yeah jeff actually has some solid ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:48 pm

#Jeff4CSCMember
lolnope

i wish

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:53 am

I just want more interesting things to happen, after a while the server can get a little boring and then people start doing crazy things like making a pac of a box over your penis region and then running around singing "Its mer dick in a berx!"

I dont care what kind of conflict it is I just want more of it

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Safeland   Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Rittz wrote:
I just want more interesting things to happen, after a while the server can get a little boring and then people start doing  crazy things like making a pac of a box over your penis region and then running around singing "Its mer dick in a berx!"

I dont care what kind of conflict it is I just want more of it
As long as there's a way to Diplomatically solve it, even if it involves shotgun diplomacy, I'm all for it

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Safeland
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Suggestions/Bugs/Technical-
Jump to: