HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Our Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Our Problems   Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:21 pm

1. Over worked admins/not working admins- take a break, or just RP for a bit then come back but make sure things will be OK if you do.
2. Lose Communication between Admins- Yes you come together to talk but How often and be honest is it enough?
3. No Community action- Its a waste land people. Do stuff.
4. Little support for Admins- Have a skill? Ask if it can help out the server or something. Admin Solved something? Say Thank you.
5. People who just don't care- nothing we can do about this...sadly..

I had to think about this for a long time weather to bring this up or not.
Sorry but i needs to be said.
No offense to Server staff/Forum staff/Players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raksho

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:53 am

I'm almost certain people would actually do stuff in a wasteland if it actually MEANT something. (weakening an enemy faction via detonation of certain fusion device, which was removed)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:48 am

The amount of staff members going "on break" is getting rather annoying for me, but I can't say much considering I didn't do much for the server over my recent four day weekend. Still, I'm back on track and I'm working hard. Hopefully I'll be able to work as an example for the other staff members. Razz
On a lighter note, the gas mask and toxin system should add a bit more to do for the wasteland and community warfare, I'm working on systems for gas bombs and deadly toxic areas that will save with the map (at least I'm hoping too).

Also, as usual with you Raksho, I have no idea what you're complaining about because nothing has been removed except Halloween item/trader spawns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:29 am

Start accepting mods again........?

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Im still here c:

Ghotil

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Yeah, i agree, especially in morning times, there are simply not enough admins/mods around.

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:07 pm

"Taking a break" doesn't constitute leaving for a long time and then maybe coming back, at least not for me anyways. If any of you have actually had a legit conversation with me (as most of you haven't) then you would know that my laptop (I don't own a desktop capable of gaming) is not always accessible and that I'm constantly busy with my second year of college.

It's not that we're leaving, some of us just have lots to do.

But on a separate note, I'm tired of people shitting on admins or not appreciating anything we do, and then complaining when we don't get on as often. It doesn't work that way.
What we do for the community, especially Bizzclaw and nightmare, is not for us. It's all for you guys. We're overworked as it is. Bizzclaw has worked his feathery little ass off lately with the gas mask system, not to mention dealing with NFO.

Just take the time to thank them for doing their job next time they help you. It really goes a long way, and makes us more willing to get on more often.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Alaska i am saying: Yes you guys are over worked, take breaks. Over working is no good for health. I appreciate what you guys do, I've been a admin and i know it can be tough.
I posted this so we can come up with ideas on how to fix these things or lessen them.

P.S. Bizzclaw things are bugging up at random times. I can't give you a example but I've heard things from players. I suggest looking to see if anything is Incompatible with the content we have when you have time (It's not bad). Just a suggestion i don't know much on these things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Arisen Demon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:30 pm

I'm just fed up with every acting like a fucking 5 year old whining when something isn't as they see fit. That and I'm currently in a depressive slump (worse than when I have been the past months) so I just want to chill for a while. Thus me staying in like 3 channels talking with people I enjoy talking to.

View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:43 pm

I actually noticed that there wasn't enough moderators/admins coming on the server on a regular basis, thus the reason why I've came on. Yesterday I had to quick ban some guy who was spamming the server for like 46 days or something, I managed to ban him before he crashed it. Can someone make it permanent? I wouldn't like to see him again in a month or so. I also had to one ban a CDMer, but because nothing of great value was lost (only a mere annoyance) it was a day.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:46 pm

#Panda is hardly active
#Grace is hardly active
#Tanuki is rare but not super active
#Chris fell of the edge of the world
#Grymestone is hardly active
#Havent seen Fuzfox in a while

6 examples of people who are hardly active
I do know Chris is planning to come back but I just wanted to add him
My point is these people are rarely active and when they do get on they are only on for a few seconds

Again 6 examples why the server is under moderated and considering most of the admins are taking breaks the server is just in utter chaos

Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Grymestone quit, grace isn't a mod, and fox was just on the other day. Fox gets on whenever I do.

1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:32 pm

@Alaska, Grace is a mod... Has been for a while. Unless it got removed.

Also, I am in Mexico, and I don't even have internet at my house. If I want to use it I have to go over to my friends place. Also even if I do have access to the internet at my friends, the internet is not fast enough to join the server. dat 20KB speed...

Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 pm

More people as mods or maybe a questionnaire menu as you enter the server to lower the chaos from little kids? Maybe we could put up a rule where it says something along the lines of GTFO IF YOU NO READ RULES! yes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:14 pm

#Alaska on break
#Mushroom in the mexico
#Demon Fell of the face of the earth
#Eiji just recently started playing again

4 more reasons

Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Once I get the internet hooked up at my house I may be able to play again. But that is only if the speed is fast enough...

:F|F: Arisen Demon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:28 pm

@Rittz
Have you not seen the post where I say, "im on break"

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Well hope yall get better soon. :T\
Back to top Go down
Patrick McPatterson

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Honestly for me the server has just been boring to me lately. Plus the fact that I have limited bandwidth per month (thanks AT&T) and every time i join the postnuke its half a gig of just PAC related bullshit and stuff I've downloaded 1000 times before.

No I can't switch ISP's as AT&T is literally the only company that offers internet where I live.

Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Yes I did see it my point is all of you decided to stop at the exact same time and the server is completely under moderated and people tend to fuck around a bit more than they should that's all I was trying to point out

Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: Our Problems   Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:07 pm

ok the topic is what our problems are and how we fix them. everybody stop talking about how our problems suck and start talking about how to fix them.
1. Over worked admins/not working admins- take a break, or just RP for a bit then come back but make sure things will be OK if you do.
2. Lose Communication between Admins- Yes you come together to talk but How often and be honest is it enough?
3. No Community action- Its a waste land people. Do stuff.
4. Little support for Admins- Have a skill? Ask if it can help out the server or something. Admin Solved something? Say Thank you.
5. People who just don't care- nothing we can do about this...sadly..

My solutions:
1: More mods so there is less strain on the ones we have (TEST THEM FIRST DONT JUST GIVE IT AWAY LIKE CANDY!)
2: Set up meet times to talk about server growth, news ,ect. (BE CONSISTENT WITH IT OR IT WONT WORK!)
3: DO STUFF ITS A WASTE LAND NOT A SAFE LAND!
4: Offer your skills and try to help out!
5: don't care? then why are you looking at this post?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Our Problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1