Share | 

Why the new server is taking so long.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Why the new server is taking so long.   Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:41 am

So as some of you may or may not know we are looking elsewhere for a host as Blank's Virtual Private Server has ownership issues and server issues in general. Now some of you may also be concerned with the action being taken regarding this issue. Now I ensure you that here at Frostburnt Foundation, we have been working as hard as we can, I've been busy with a new gas mask and radiation/toxin system myself and I have college and high school to worry about. Despite this I have been working hard to get us a new server, and this weekend I looked too NFOservers to host a server directly through them, however there have been some issues with that. Either I'll have to find a new host, or I'll have to resolve an issue with NFO themselves. Apparently as a user I am blocked from purchasing servers due to my "relationship" with a user who defrauded (Stole money from) NFOservers. I have been in the process of clearing my name with NFO and explaining to them that I am not familiar with this user. While I really do not know who he is, apparently he was related to Blanks virtual private server, which we are currently hosting from. When blank allowed me to rent a server I was not made aware of this fact, nor was I ever introduced to the user. Anyways, I'm still working with NFO to clear up this misunderstanding, as looking for another suitable server host has been dodgy. We apologize for this inconvenience in form of server lag and reduced amount of staff and support online. rest assured changes will be made soon and we will be back on track with a better server in no time, just keep sticking with us and thanks for your continues patronage!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Why the new server is taking so long.   Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:33 am

I haven't been here long enough to actually see the server have its full 40 people.... I can imagine its pretty awesome though.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why the new server is taking so long.   Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:45 pm

It happened constantly during the summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Why the new server is taking so long.   Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
It happened constantly during the summer.
This i confirm

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Why the new server is taking so long.   Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Well, hopefully I can get to experience this.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Why the new server is taking so long.   Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:01 pm

It's something else. I've seen the server go through a lot, but having 40 people on at the same time and watching multiple communities at work is pretty impressive.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Why the new server is taking so long.   Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Perhaps we can increase it to 60 players?
Finally, to greener pastures!

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Why the new server is taking so long.   Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:22 pm

If we have a full server everyday we might get more slots.

Why the new server is taking so long.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1