HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Leaving server until further notice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Leaving server until further notice   Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm leaving because of some retarded people. You probably won't see me on the server until I'm really needed again

Edit: Sorry Jeff and anyone else who got kicked/banned

Yet another edit: sorry, never coming back on the server again

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:34 pm

You can't leave!! That would be aboose!!!!

EijiMaebara

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:39 pm

I can understand why, Bacon. I've been having the same thought process for a while now. Maybe I'll follow.

It's the internet. Don't take everything so seriously.
If you can't take what I say, get the fuck out. Doesn't matter who you are, or what status you have.
And if you ain't a sandwich, I've got nothin' to say to ya.

Wut:

This is me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Bacon, according to people I will not mention its probably the best for every regular player on the server to leave because we are "Fucking the community" so maybe its the best if everyone leaves

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:13 pm

>:U DAH FACK YAH DODOS
Let's all fly off at once!
What a fantastic idea!
The overworked admins will be FIIIIINE without moderators.
Fucking hell.
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:22 pm

No! No one else most leave!!!

Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:14 pm

I agree with this action. DUE TO MORONS AND PEOPLE NOT CARING!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:40 pm

The server will be just fine without stupid people. That's all I'm going to say.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:07 am

If people would just start treating the server like it's meant to be treated, a post apocalyptic survival server we wouldn't have issues like this. We have to make the game so much harder to make people realize that it's supposed to be a dangerous world. yet people are acting like three year olds, climbing on top of peoples bases and dancing around, slamming their cars in to peoples walls, calling out every new player as being an admin in disguise and being completely inconsiderate too the work we do for this. So if the admins can't whip you guys in to shape, to realize that this is a wasteland, then no worries, the New NPCs, melee weapons and crafting requirements for ammunition will.
If you want to go because you're not willing to help make the server what it should, or simply don't have the patience to deal with this then that's fine, we don't need you. You're welcome back as long as you don't force us to kick you out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
EijiMaebara

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:35 am

I'm trying to figure out where the problem lies. You seem to say, Bizzclaw, that the server is post apocalyptic, and thus has to be a difficult, dangerous world. Does the problem lie within the rules, then? All these rules where players can be kept relatively safe when doing certain things? Now, as I see it, slamming cars into walls is unacceptable in RP-terms (I assume it was with a physgun). Now, how I see it, someone could RP as a cheerful, mischievous character and possibly climb up on top of someone's home and dance. And finally, people calling out new players for being admins while some are taking breaks from their duties is probably not uncommon, and that, how I see it, doesn't seem to affect anything unless someone gets mad at them for calling them out (which is a dumb reason to get jimmies rustled over).
I don't recall "accusing of admin" being against the rules. I also don't believe that a cheerful player can break RP. If anything, the person who owns the base could easily take care of them by telling them to fuck off, or something along those lines. As for things like "you can't raid a player while they're building a base," I believe is a chain. It keeps players from being raided while unawares, but also creates a possible problem: They being finished, getting raided, and then \saying they were not done.\
I've tried wording things carefully. I hope nobody gets mad at me for displaying my thoughts and opinions. The main reason about my earlier post is people being general assholes in the community.
All I can say is, what the fuck? As I ponder. I don't know if I'm missing something. And if I am, I'd like it spelled out in my face so I can be less of a dumbass about it. Maybe I don't know these whole stories. Who knows?

As a final thought, maybe I'm a fucktard, maybe I'm right somewhere in this wall of text, or maybe my views differ or are similar to others'.

It's the internet. Don't take everything so seriously.
If you can't take what I say, get the fuck out. Doesn't matter who you are, or what status you have.
And if you ain't a sandwich, I've got nothin' to say to ya.

Wut:

This is me:

Last edited by EijiMaebara on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:42 am

I don't stand atop of bases unless I'm invited in or it's like, part of the landscape and standing on it is like the thing to do. Like, most of the building is burried in snow and people happen to move into it. "Ohai."

also blastin somethin like this in me ears.
Back to top Go down
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:19 am

My issue is knowing if people are building or not, nowhere in the rules does it specify if you have to put a building sign above your place to state your building. Its a bullshit excuse to use the I'm building excuse for two hours and asking them if they are done building ruins the surprise that they are being raided, I even PMed Bizzclaw through steam chat asking him about that and in return got no response. It gets old when you raid someone who has been building for over an hour and once you finish the raid they say I was building you cant raid me. Then you start a whole cluster of conflict.
I suggest specifying in the rules more about the "I'm building rule"

I am not referring to yesterdays events because it was pretty damn obvious they were putting a huge ass sign on the front of the building, but I think minor accessories shouldn't be considered still building, I think it should only be defenses and barricades to protect and defend your base. I mean someone could spend a good 2-3 hours just decorating their base and still be "building"

My opinion is 1 hour is more than enough time to set up defenses and establish a base especially considering the "friends from school" had a pre duped base and all they had to do was set up the inside.

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:47 am

It took me seven hours to get all the decorations and little nicknaks down up in my Shaq's Insta-Shack crappy building maker. So yeah, I kind of agree with Rittz. It doesn't take long at all to secure a place and build basic defences. If they're building from scratch, then yeah, give em time, but if they're debating on what color wallpaper to put up, they're clearly done with their base's main structure.
Back to top Go down
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:08 pm

I've just come back onto the forums for a bit to offer my part of the argument.
So the entire raiding party was at the gas station and were in Teamspeak discussing the raid, we were waiting for Rurik to finish putting up his gigantic MacMen sign, he attempted to do it a couple of times, then he stopped. We also saw Vano running to the hills, presumably because he was thinking that we were going to raid him. Rurik stopped attempting to put up the giant MacMen sign and simply stood there with his physgun out, not doing anything. So we decided to strike (I don't know who decided that we should move out), Devin yelled raid, I blasted Rurik in the face, some other chap in his body for about three seconds, figured out that someone had the great idea to give him devmode/godmode and I promptly moved my machine gun to Vano up in the hills, mowing him down, and no one had a lock pick so I started to lock pick the door because keypad crackers were broken, I had opened the door, it made the opening animation, yet we couldn't go through, probably because it was a buggy door or someone had the great idea to put a invisible prop there. I got kicked, not going to say who it was because I don't need to give away their identity, I didn't attempt go on the server again afterwards.

Now to other details. Before we had the idea of going to raid their base, each time someone went near their base (I think that Chess had pointed this out, not sure), they would magically open their door and keep a watch out with guns. We assumed that they had somehow, as these new people, had managed to make a camera, thus someone from higher power had to helping them. And also, these new people that were supposedly never this server until then, managed to have PAC permissions with custom PAC models, mixed with some TF2 props, all with their own style, and advanced duplicator with an eerily similar base that I can swear I had seen before.

After we had raided them, (please do keep in mind that isn't his exact words, it's what I can remember) Bizzclaw jumped into the channel me and the raiding party were in, and yelled at us, calling us retards, fucktards, the people who were killing the server, said that these guys were his friends from school and had finally managed to get Garry's Mod and they said that the server was stupid, all because of 'group of stupid fucktards like you' and then he said 'fuck you and fuck you', 'I'm not going to let a group of retards like you destroy the server I've been building for a year' and then said 'If I hear another word of another thing like this, its a perma-ban' and then left.

I was shaken up after this, even crying for a bit (yes I know, pathetic) because I felt like complete shit and felt like I didn't deserve to be on the server if I was destroying it, I don't want to tear down something someone had spent a year tending to. So I panicked, removed almost all of the admins from my friends list and started this thread. The end.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:57 pm

I kicked you through console. The reason I was so harsh wasn't really because I was mad at you in particular, in fact your one of the regulars we really like. It's just that I was so upset at the time and we've constantly tried being  nice and it just wasn't working. Oh and Eiji, mushroom, we should talk in teamspeak.
Back to top Go down
B.A. Baracus

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:33 pm

It seems like every day that goes by, more and more regulars leave. Eventually all that's left is gonna be new people.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:06 pm

As it stands, PostNuke is literally the only thing I can actually play for fun, as any other game I can probably only play for 1-4 hours before getting sick of it. PNRP however, I can play for hours and hours, it's where I got all my friends from. Leaving it would mean that I leave all my friends, and I cannot make any new friends for some reason, perhaps it's that I'm too awkward on new servers. And as Baracus said, more and more players are thinking of leaving the server, and I cannot see any new regulars coming on.

It would be a shame for the server to die out. Some old regulars have promised to return, but in at a later date. Then what shall they return to? A place where none of their old friends used to play on, and I cannot stand the thought of that. Therefore, I am returning, until all of my friends leave.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:28 pm

@Bizzclaw: Could you set up more of a time for us to talk. I can't really get on at a minutes notice... It ight be better if you PM me on steam or the forums. That way I can respond.

@Bacon: I've had to leave the server every few months for long periods of time, in that time most of my friends leave, (Granted a few of them stay) But it's not that hard to make new friends, especially if it is made from RP. I know losing people suck, but why not make friends with the new people.

B.A. Baracus

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:57 pm

It seems like the only reason most regulars stay is because of the other people on the server (I know that's the only reason I played as long as I did). Not because of the RP or killing things or getting resources. But when more and more people are leaving, less and less people are going to be staying and eventually everyone's going to be gone and this server's going to be dead.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Actually, the more super OP regulars who destroy people who are new are going to be gone letting new players actually play.
Back to top Go down
B.A. Baracus

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:55 pm

So basically who the fuck needs regular players, all they do is kill new people all day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:28 pm

I don't raid people at all, I only destroy people if I'm provoked

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
B.A. Baracus

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Nope, you're too OP, server would be better off without you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:42 pm

We have some wonderful regulars. We have regulars that will RP for hours on end. But not most of them. A majority of our players like RP up to a certain extent, but are more focused on who they can kill and how they can "win" at PostNuke.

We had an incredible playerbase during the summer and at the beginning of the school year, but that has slowly dwindled down into players pissing each other off and "leaving."
(Yes, I know I said that I was leaving but it was in the heat of the moment. I've put far too much work and effort into this server and had too much fun on it to give up now.)

What we need is for players to actually be goal-oriented. I believe that the mass inflation that occurred as summer began had a large part to do with the problems we have. Players don't ever work toward anything anymore.

One thing we have implemented recently is the addition of gunpowder, which is not craftable (at the moment, it's still up for debate as to whether scientists will be able to craft it or not.)
Gunpowder is required to make ammunition.

We also plan on increasing the prices of ammunition and weapons, along with several other items.
Bizzclaw and I have also discussed adding various new crafting pieces that will be required for a lot of everyday items.

Basically what we're trying to do is make the game harder and nerf the average player.

I personally think that ammo mods should be abnormally difficult to obtain, and that attachments should be at least 10-20 of everything, depending on the attachment. No, you can't save them between map changes and you can't re-inventory them, but that doesn't matter.

I would even go so far as to make cooking beans require resources. Tiny tweaks here and there that would make you think twice about performing an action.

Another thing we will soon implement is the nerfing of breaking down weapons and certain objects. This will greatly reduce the amount of resources you can get from breaking a weapon or other object down.

Anyway, I digress.

The game has become too easy and is getting boring for our regulars, it's painfully obvious. And what do you do in Garry's Mod when you're bored? You screw around. Which is what happens 80-90% of the time on the server. No player interaction unless it's killing them because you think they may or may not have a stash of weapons. No running from mobs (they're basically harmless). No trading, no buying/selling, nothing. Shops have ceased to exist. Factions are a joke. It's just a gang of whoever is on at the time.

That's not what PostNuke is about, guys. I hate to see the server like this and I hate to see regulars leave. It's not just the players and it's not just the gamemode. We're doing our part, Bizzclaw is constantly editing the server and fixing things and we're right there behind him, testing and developing in the Dev server. We just need some cooperation from the rest of you that don't seem to like playing the game like everyone else.

The rules will be gone over and revised to make sure they are as child-proof as possible, just to avoid any further confusion. If anything raises attention, just let us know using the forums.

I'm sorry it's come to insults and threats of leaving.
This isn't what we intended the server to be.

Bacon, I'd like to apologize for any trouble we've caused you, but it's just hard dealing with admin situations (not just this one, but any in particular) because no matter what happens, at the end of the day someone is unhappy and someone starts to dislike you. (Maybe people just hate that I'm an admin, or maybe the others experience this too.)

Sorry for writing a novel, but I just feel like certain things need to be said.
I'm not leaving, I'm not taking a break, I'm just tired of getting on to RP and play PostNuke and players are building stupid things, all standing around and talking instead of playing, begging the admins for weapons, yelling at the admins for doing their job ("You're too slow to respond" is a common one for all of us. I'm not a babysitter. I want to play the game too. Another is "I'm stuck" every 5 minutes). or not even basing and just running around knifing zombies for 3 hours without interacting with anyone (which happens more often than you'd think.)

That's what I think. I probably left something out, believe it or not. But I'm tired and I just want you guys to know how I feel. I'll probably post more on this later.

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Regulars = Donations
I would hope you would want to keep the regulars around considering most new players don't immediately donate to the server, and money is what keeps the server going

I am extremely excited for all the new harder features I think it will make postnuke 10x funner for all the players.

I also really hope you revise the rules they are way to vague

Leaving server until further notice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next