Share | 

Leaving server until further notice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:37 pm

B.A. Baracus wrote:
So basically who the fuck needs regular players, all they do is kill new people all day.
This is false. I help New Players. EVEN give them small tips on different things. Regulars only really kill New people when they break rules such as punch whoring.
Im a regular and i've raided 3 times in the 4 or so months ive been here.
Not all Regulars suck. (i hope im on that list of good Regulars because i try to be nice.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
B.A. Baracus

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:04 pm

I was actually referring to what Bizz had said, I never actually agreed to it

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm

I assume I'm on the bad player list considering I was yelled at yesterday for standing on Bizzclaws "friends" house, and that it was people like me that are ruining the server

I never really understood what I did wrong I was standing on the roof of a building I didn't that was a fatal cause to the server and I apologize and I will never stand on the roof of another persons base, sorry I ruin the server, I play to have fun and I suppose I do the wrong kind of fun at times.

Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:09 pm

First off, Standing on a roof does not ruin anything. I stand on my roof to snipe, Or scout the wasteland. But if you go and stand on someones roof just to durp off and spam "lolololololol" or shit like that, it is clearly FailRP. If you want to stand on your own roof and jerk off, go ahead, but don't just bug someone else because you are bored.

Also, I am in love with all the new changes, I can't wait to play the server again!!! Be grateful guys, I know that you are not obligated to respect admins or anything, but just think of how many hours admins/Developers have put into the server.

Now I know what happened may have been harsh, but think of how James must have felt. He just spent days, weeks, months, putting work into the server to make it more fun for the players and even more RPfriendly. And then when he comes to see how hes hard work paid off. Someone is running their car into a wall for no reason, standing on a roof being a minge. and ruining some players experience that are actually trying to RolePlay.

Moral of the story, be grateful. You don't have to play on our servers. And we don't have to make them better for you ether, But we do.

Last edited by Mushroom on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:12 pm

I didn't say a single word while on the roof, and got yelled at by Bizzclaw so apparently I did something wrong but according to you spamming chat wasn't one of them

Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Then make a ban appeal. Tell us on that appeal how what you were doing was for RolePlay and how it was not to be a minge. I like to look at things from everyone's prospective, If you make an appeal with good reason to why you should be un-ban, I will talk to everyone for you. Even with the limited time I get to use the internet. (My friends are awesome btw)

Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Didn't get banned, just an extreme case of screaming and hollering and a threat to be perm banned that even if I did post on the forums he would make sure I would be kept banned, so no reason to post an appeal

Jeff Belinger
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:13 am

And I'm just standing there wondering why in the hell is everyone so goddamn pissed at staff doing their MANDATED JOBS and these same staff yelling at their donating regular player-base for being harsh on the new guys.

As a guy who joined during the summer, I was exposed to litterally the BEST server I have ever seen Gmod and on Garry's mod, not even Gmod Tower can compare to you guys IMO.

Message to players: STOP being pissy at the staff for going off from THEIR RP experience to HELP you or to go deal with a situation you are involved in. they don't HAVE to come to help, but they have applied, been chosen and accepted to be part of staff to help other folks, taking their own personal time to help you. If you're pissy at a staff member, talk to another one, or hell, talk to James, he'll be glad to help you out and try to settle a conflict that could fester and infect itself to the point of what we are experiencing at this very moment. I know its hard for regular players to find something to do anymore, even I have accomplished every task I set myself to, some in record times thanks to a very helpful community. Most of you have seen me putting up a Bistro with a Bounty Board and a Quest board for both new and regulars alike and I heard excellent feedback from it. If you cant find or set yourself a quest to do, try to create some RP intrigue or plot hook for players to dive into. it can be as simple as needing a few water bottles to helping someone fend off an invasion of zombies or even help defuse a possible war, hell, who knows what can go from then on. I remember when i was first on the server, on the first few days, I had gained Wilson's trust from my excellent RP at the time and gave me a job in his community and his group and himself made me into who my character is right now. He took a chance by fostering this new guy and placed him on the path to greatness and for that, I'm ever grateful to Wilson for taking a chance on me. I have seen Rittz a couple of times with some new guy, showing him the ropes, training him, drilling him into a decent, if not above average player. This is what I love to see: seeing veterans showing the ropes to new guys. Take the time to foster and show the ropes to a new guy and teach him the ways to become a productive, meaningful ally like Rittz and Wilson have done, you never know what might happen, you can end up with either a loyal and faithful party member or even a rival that can challenge even your own skills.

To Staff: We all know a lot of the regulars have "been there, done that" and are now looking to find new fun, but cant really find it. tweaking the game into a harder difficulty is one way to go, another is to have small events once in a while to keep things interesting. I was talking today about a possibility of having "Raid Bosses" and a bunch of the regulars seemed warm to the idea, especially a certain lovable piece of breakfast meat (Yes you Bacon). This could be a legit thing. something regular players could look forward to. forcing them to prepare in advance for the incoming boss fight. As much as some regulars are dicking around and doing idiotic things, they are still, for most of them, donating players and above all, people. you can chew them out for breaking a few moderate to large rules, but consider the fact that they have been here for a while and you probably have made relationships with them. I dont think its worth having bridges with other people burned over something as standing on top of a building.

That was my 0.02$

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Leaving server until further notice   Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:33 am

This thread is full of false claims and misunderstandings. For instance, the logs go against a lot of the claims that have been made. the incident is pretty much done, Bacon changed his mind and is coming back and the server is being changed to make it more enjoyable and challenging. I'm currently working on new melee weapons and I already have them 70% done.
Also when I came in to the channel and yelled at everyone, I wasn't mad at the raid. The raid wasn't even the begginingg of the problems I had, it was just people slamming their cars in to people's bases walls, climbing on top of their base and dancing around for lulz, running up to people in ridiculous pac outfits and ruining the experience for others, completely disregarding the work the staff does for them and the server (for free), FailRPing all around and all teaming up against a group of new players to keep down new communities. Heck the list goes on and on and on, and these are the things that are making the server difficult. The hardest thing really is just the way people treat the admins. We're really tired of being back-talked, insulted and constantly being ridiculed for how we do things when we're doing this in our free time for you guys. We keep the server up with donator money, yes, however I've still payed more out of my pocket for the server than what has been donated. I've also spent hours, days, weeks, months working on making the game fun for people, Adding new weapons, enemies, systems, items, ect. It just feels like with some of the way a few of our regulars (not all, but indeed quite a few) just don't seem to have much regard for the serve,r it's rules or the staff and these are the people I was mad at, and these where the people I where mainly yelling at yesterday (from the time of this post). I don't really care about the raid, it was just the straw that broke the camels back. As admins of frostburnt, we don't demand respect. We know we have to earn it and we try our best, and with all we've done we've all more than earned it, but the issue we're having with the way people treat the staff isn't even a matter of disrespect, it's a matter of sheer inconsideration of another's feelings. This is why that we have pretty much lost our patience, because people doing this are literally killing the server, and if I have a choice between loosing a few inconsiderate regulars over loosing the server I've poured a year of my life in to, I'm not going to choose the inconsiderate players. That's why we're done with triple chances and done with backtalk. We don't hate you guys, but we feel hated to a certain level. So if you guys want to stick around, feel free just be considerate of the administrative staff. Don't butt in to admin situations if you're not an admin, don't crack jokes about the way they handle a situation, don't berate or belittle them, but help them do their job by staying out of their way, or being helpful if the situations demands it. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

Leaving server until further notice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2