HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Announcement: Explainations and Solutions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Announcement: Explainations and Solutions   Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Many people are wanting to know what's the deal with the lag, allow me to elaborate.

From what can be proven, the server's individual bandwidth usage is exceeding it's
set allocated limit
, meaning the amount of data being transferred from player to server is a bit
too high. After making some conigurations and upgrading the machine, the server will only begin extreme
lag after 24 spawned in players. What we're going over now is trying to trace down the exact
addons that may be causing it, as well as upgrading the amount of bandwidth (meaning I pay more
for machine maintenance each month
)

As you can see from the screenshot below, the amount of client side data is spiking higher than server side
data.

SCREENSHOT:

Q: So when will it be fixed?

A: Just a few more days, for now we may even lower the slots (unlikely though) to 23

Q: Who's crappy machine is this hosted on? I'd like to give him a swift kick in the pants!!

A: *raises crossbow* You wanna run that by me again? AHAEHEAHEAHHEAAEHH

Q: I'm totally a uber l33t servur knowledger, wats u has brah lel del lel

A: Server has a lowered tick rate (srcds command -tickrate 33) and the topest priority allocation on the machine (twice the amount of normal servers). This
particular machine has;

Base Bandwidth: 6000GB
Memory: 6144MB
Hyperthreaded Virutal CPU Cores (see more information for definition): 6

Keep in mind the amount of memory, bandwidth, and cpu allocation per player is based on their ping level and serverside ping levels in Mb's.
so having 6000GB's of bandwidth, 6MB of memory, and 6 Cores would be able, on average, to handle over 100 players if pushed to 75+ CPU usage. 160 if 100%.
meaning there is no excuse for the machine not to handle it .. except if it's an issue with an individual game server sucking up more than it's allowed, then
the machine will just shut it down (not under my control). This machine is a VIRTUAL DEDICATED MACHINE, meaning it's physical CPU Cores are 3 Intel Xeon E3-1270's.

The machine is 100% capable of hosting, so don't go off and tell me how much "crap" you think it is.
More Information:
SRCDS Application: http://forums.srcds.com/
Hyperthreaded Cores: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-threading
Server Hosting Company: https://www.nfoservers.com    
------- Reviews of it's quality: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1090271

Q: Still sucks!

A: *shoots your face with crossbow bolt and has apple bot sell cookies to it*

Q: But bizz told us we were getting an new server and that you're an untrustworthy krono basically in this thread
Spoiler:

A: Then I explained to him what is happening and it's fine

All in all, we're working on it. So please bare the lagg for a short while. The more Bizzclaw is bothered with petty happenings on the server the less time he has to coordinate with me to fix it. If there's a problem with an admin or
player ... REPORT it! Spamming the General Discussion thread WILL NOT solve anything.

Thank you for your time

-BlankJones
a.k.a Caen
a.k.a Markus Rat
a.k.a Second Abooser only to Alaska
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Announcement: Explainations and Solutions   Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:17 pm

I will keep this page in favorites in order to link it to players who are being arses about the lag.
Thank you Blank, James and company.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Announcement: Explainations and Solutions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1