HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ameno-Sagiri
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:56 pm

UPDATE: Taking a long break from Garry's Mod. Once I feel like I'm getting sucked into the gravitational pull of Server hosting dramatics and stress, I try to avoid that from now on. This server idea is still backed up and saved with my slightly edited version of the gamemode, I will start it one day. In the meantime, I have a VPS and the ability to host a Minecraft server, Starbound Server, or any other kind of game server that has a linux server executable. Technically I am still running a server, just a different one right now.

Been wanting to start up a server for awhile, and I'm finally close to it. I spent a lot of time messing around with a couple gamemodes. The first one turned out to have too many issues not worth fixing, and the second one was DarkRP (Self explanatory).

I've finally found the perfect gamemode for the job, and it will be using NextBot (Navmesh AI) Zombies and Ghouls (The Ghouls seen on the PostNuke).

The premise of this server is that the outside world is blanketed in a constant radioactive storm, and you will need to find shelter or wear a gasmask when you go outside. The 2 current maps I'm going to be using are rp_apocalypse_pr and gm_underground_iv.

You will have to find junk on the surface that you can scrap for currency. You will be spawning in a bunker on both maps, which contain NPC Vendors that you can buy guns, ammo, and other various things from.

In addition to finding junk, I MIGHT put in a system so there will be some containers on the map that will randomly restock with ammo and various foods every set amount of time, kind of like in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Bizzclaw helped me out with this by packing the maps and creating the gasmask/radstorms, and I Navmeshed the maps (Which is the reason why the PostNuke is able to run rp_apocalypse with the Ghouls, as it seems nobody on Facepunch is able to navmesh it...) to allow use of the Ghouls and Zombies.

The gamemode itself is geared for more serious roleplaying, but I'm not sure if I want to enforce that completely or not.

There will be no PAC restrictions on the server except for things that comically alter your bones or make yourself invisible/large/tiny (Unless you are meant to be a Robot/Mech).

You do not lose guns on death, but the flipside to this is Guns are extremely expensive. You are not meant to have endgame equipment in a short amount of time, and you will spend a lot of that time messing around, roleplaying, and looking for junk.

The server should be up sometime this week, but possibly later if I have too many problems.
EDIT: Problems! ! !!
!!!!
!!!!!

Last edited by Ameno-Sagiri on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:54 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:33 pm

I B rollin in dat New Gamemode. Cant wait for it to come out.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Alright Bleck, I made the topic a Sticky like you asked me to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:39 pm

I've been waiting for this for a few months now. Can't wait till it's out.

Raksho

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:10 pm

This actually sounds wonderful i' totes up for this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Noice.
Back to top Go down
Ameno-Sagiri
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Just hit a rather large roadblock. Maybe Bizzclaw can find the time to fix it soon, It should be pretty simple...

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:46 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:25 pm

so hows the server going?
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:36 pm

I've played the test server, it's really fun.

Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm pretty excited to ruin the RP of play with everyone on the new server.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:02 pm

If Im right I think im actually allowed here!

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonathan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Mon May 12, 2014 2:50 pm

I hope this server is ready soon, it sounds really good.

Steamprofile badge by Steamprofile.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ameno-Sagiri
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Mon May 12, 2014 10:44 pm

It will be awhile since I'm leaving my apartment and moving back to my parents.

I can't afford a server right now.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution   Mon May 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Ah, that's too bad man.

Steamprofile badge by Steamprofile.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Updated] New Server: NutScript Dissolution
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1