Share | 

Your favorite maps?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Your favorite maps?   Sun May 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Just let everyone know what your favorite map we use on the server is! This is useful for making map votes and making sure that we aren't on a map no one likes. Note, if this is a map that -Isn't- on the list, then put it in the suggestions.

Anyways. my favorite map would have to be, hands down rp_outercanals_winter. It's layout, segmentation, layering and depth is all perfectly established. the theme of the map fits the server in every way it can and it's flawlessly optimized - only problem is that it has a bad spawn which end up making people not like it.

Also this isn't a "best map" thread, it's about what -you- like. Please do not to argue about what map you think is the best. We're just trying to get a feel for people's preferences, not manipulate them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
KingKatchup
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Mon May 27, 2013 2:46 pm

I have three because I can't choose a singe one, each map has it's own feature that makes it fun to play on.
My first would be the salvation map tongue (forgot the full name). It was the first map I played on in the postnukerp servers. It is fairly large and has a good amount of structures to set up a base at. I haven't really seen this being played on anymore sadly Sad .
My second would have to be the atomic_gm map. Though there aren't a whole lot of places to set up a decent compound, it is always fun to build a base entirely from scratch using construction props. What a Face It's nice when a large number of the players occupy the town and kinda work together as a community.
Lastly, I also favor rp_apocalypse. It has a lot of interesting locations and structures to explore. The fog makes it better (I think), so you have to travel around the map scavenging the supplies you need. It also helps against sniping wars I think. The only problem with this map is that it requires hl2 ep 2 for a few missing textures and props which show up either as pink and black checkered materials or invisible.

king

Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Mon May 27, 2013 8:26 pm

I have two favorites. First would have to be floatingworlds_3_packed. I know it's not very PostNukeRP-ish, but it has a multitude of buildings with working doors, is extremely fun to play on, and encourages cooperation due to the mobs being in such close quarters. Second would have to be rp_outercanals. Both the winter version and the standard version are amazing, and I love the feel of it. The layout is perfect. I honestly don't understand why the map gets so much hate. It's great.

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Tue May 28, 2013 11:19 pm

Mah favorite map is le rd_omgcity. I like it due to the packed fighting inside a urban setting , its somewhat roleplay friendly, because of some fires and stuff. When the zombie and antlion limit is set for a medium sized map and the admins don't change it, the fighting becomes very panicked, its nearly impossible to quietly scavenge without a few zombies charge at you. On the other hand, there is like no room to build. The small map and zombies often forces players to band together in a large building or take over a section of the map and build barricades to stop the hordes of zombies. Plus, the rooftops are pretty friendly for those who have the climb SWEP. Second! srp_occult. The dark foggy atmosphere makes it look like something has happened and the night sorta makes it cool, with a few bases to take over, like the secret base, military base, and cabin. Could be good for base wars, but so far I have never seen any. They really need to spike the zombie limit for this map :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Tue May 28, 2013 11:57 pm

floatingworlds_3_packed because it is awesome and I really like the layout.

TheEvanCat

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:23 pm

I love gm_valley.

Also, anything other than cs_desert is cool. O gawd noh.

President Soto

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:08 am

Cs_Desert,RP_outercanals_winter,RP_Stalker and RP_Salvation_winter Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:49 am

KingKatchup wrote:

Lastly, I also favor rp_apocalypse.  

king

Ditto. Even though I haven't been there on the server, I've explored it on another server, and thouroughly in singleplayer. I really wish that this server goes there more, instead of constantly being on CSC Desert. I like the stalker maps, but they always feel so barren to me. Yeah there's buildings and stuff but nobody seems to like settling down anywhere outside of the first town and putting up shops so I could buy things I can't make. And the Scavvie needs more crafting recipies, (Like, knives and stuff.) he can't make hardly nothin.
Back to top Go down
Ascion

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:33 pm

RP_outercanals_winter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alturaus

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Salvation Winter, City Ruins. Salvation for its resources and City ruins for its luls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killermarine101

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:58 am

If I recall correctly my first map on Frostburnt was Gm_Atomic and I enjoyed it sense I made my first epic base on the mountain with a helipad, farm house, barracks, cafey, power plant, and my epic building skills. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:20 pm

I like Desert because of its openess and all in all desert-like feel, but I also love stalker snow because of the semi-great building placement and the ruins, but I dislike it because it feels like im in the ground in a valley.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Arisen Demon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:33 pm

I just like any map without the fog on it. I hate the fog when I'm sniping.

View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:28 pm

I like the fog... It stops snipers.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alturaus

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite maps?   Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:30 pm

Cyber Command wrote:
I like the fog... It stops snipers.