HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkD0GHD

PostSubject: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Dear everyone,

I am on my last nerve of the lack of RP on the server. I am blaming alot of people (Admins, Moderators, Some players, Etc) for this. I have been playing on this server for a long ass time, I have put so many hours into this game. Then to be abused by the community. There have been many players breaking rules and getting away with it, admins just fucking up the server, not even answering the cry's of players saying "I have been RDM'd. Admin help"! I see it all the time in OOC I know that they are supposed to put @ to talk directly to admins. Then some of the reports I see on the forums and hear from people are just stupid. Those type of admins should be demoted, good friend or not this server needs to get better. Players raiding while admins are in DevMode, they fly away like nothing happened. Throwing other players cars across the map just for the hell of it. I feel as if admins should have flying and DevMode taken away I see it being abused way too much. New players don't read rules, they just want to play, they want to see the server for themselves or learn as they go on. I don't know where James or Nightmare stand on this but I know they put alot of fucking work into the server to make it unique and different than any other server. I really hope this server gets better because honestly I love this server to death even though I have had garrysmod for only a few months THIS server has taken 4/5 of my playing time, I have 543+ hours on garrysmod, do the math.

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:00 am

Normally people have to have experience with actual like, roleplaying. Often Pen and Paper RP (At least online and shit :U) and the reason those RPs work is because they have a dungeon master to mediate the whole thing. On an online game, it's much harder to keep that flow going in an online game with usually complete strangers.
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:31 am

If you see admins flying around, make an abuse report. When flying around they should be cloaked to keep RP. Also, sometimes admins go on the server and then go afk, So they may be on and not answer your calls for help, but they are afk... However, expect Rp and crys for help to be answered more often. I will be back in Canada on Sunday and expect to play alot. You may think 1 admin on the server doesn't change much, but when a CSC or Super gets on, Rp goes up and Abuse goes down.

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:35 am

The PostNuke server is my shenanigans server, I have had a many great lulz here, although I have had fun on the Legionary Gaming TTT server, all of my friends have since left it.

It's rare to see me role play, and when I do it's usually Clockwork level role play.

Edit: I would like to see admins not having dev mode on randomly for no apparent reason... Devin knows why.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:34 am

I haven't seen any of these things occurring... nor have you provided any proof of said incidences.. If you have an issue with a particular admin please report it so it can be dealt with accordingly. A indiscriminate lash at all of the members of staff won't get you anywhere. I've never even seen you in the teamspeak, so you don't even know the staff to well as we don't know you.. if there is a huge incident, get on the teamspeak and seek support from either Alaska, Nightmare or me. We are on the teamspeak practically 24/7. Personally though, I haven't been playing on the server more than once or twice every day. I spend a majority of my time coding, going to school and college. I can't spent all my time moderating the server, and it's even getting difficult for me to manage the staff, that's why I've been delegating it to other high ranked members of the community, but they're also busy. We're in a bit of a period of change, not just with the staff and the community, but the gamemode aswell. There will be changes, and we appreciate your support, but you can't do it all at once. Get on the teamspeak, report players, post more than 8 posts on the forums. if you want to see the server change, you have to help us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:42 am

Bizzclaw, I would love it if you could tell your admins to NOT have developer mode randomly on, I have had too many incidents involving me raiding admins who randomly have developer mode on for no apparent reason.

And uh, it's called developer mode for a reason?

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:44 am

I agree bacon, I'm already working on a visual indicator for showing that an admin is in devmode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:06 am

Yeah, it's going to be pretty much impossible for admins to run around in dev mode or god mode without other people seeing.

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:11 am

I still do like the idea of DMs moderating RP situations to make sure they don't get out of hand or get a case of the idiots too badly. Like at least lurk on by unnoticed or something. I mean goddamnit it's hard enough to get people to actually play a role, but fucking hell it's a bit sad to hear their brains catch on fire because they can't actually roleplay.

ramblerambleramble
Back to top Go down
EijiMaebara

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:22 am

Ah, well, I suppose I should actually go back to an old persona... All of my RP characters seem to run together as the same personality with a different name.

I suppose, with a bit of change, these things will fix, all in due time.

I also quite like the idea of the visible god/devmode.

It's the internet. Don't take everything so seriously.
If you can't take what I say, get the fuck out. Doesn't matter who you are, or what status you have.
And if you ain't a sandwich, I've got nothin' to say to ya.

Wut:

This is me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:27 am

I just can't stand when I'm trying to play and people run up to me "Hey abooseka!" "Oh look, here comes the Aboose Caboose!" "Hey alaska, watch this!"

I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME. I like goofing off as much as the next guy, that's how I got the nickname Abooseka. (It's a long story for those that joined after that. I don't actually abuse lol)
But seriously, I don't want to dick around the whole time. I actually like playing the game ._.

It's just so hard to find people willing to play. No one ever want to actually play anymore, they just want to screw around. Go to sandbox if you're just going to goof off.

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:15 am

i have been trying to step up my rp game but people shout out my steam name or my old name , people do random non-Role play things (Who in real life would punch you for no reason?). sometimes yes i goof off, but when im under a rp name don't run up to me and say "Your not fooling anyone Bestegold." unless its a situation i have to get out of rp to handle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:24 am

I surprised Devin is the one posting this I have yet to see him ever attempt to RP.
It is definitely bullshit when admins run around with dev mode I can name several that walk around with it on a regular basis. Its annoying because any admin who is in a community you basically have to avoid raiding their base in fears of them killing you with dev mode on because they "forgot"
@ Alaska you do tend to draw attention to yourself when your flying around without cloak on building a base (you're not the only one who I have seen do this)
@ Beste, its pretty damn obvious when you try to start out as a new player and just from spawn you pull out an m14 and attack a zombie with it then drive to the watering hole....
Again its pretty obvious when you see 4 super admins join and then when you hit tab non of their actually names are there but then you see a group of 4 "Noobs" run off from spawn kinda obvious that its you guys, not to mention when you look at the TS and all the people that joined are in the same room

Rebecca
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:29 am

Im glad people are going to know when we are in dev mode and when we aren't. Im sick of players throwing grenades at me and attempting to kill me when I go afk because they believe that admins are always in devmode.

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:03 pm

Rittz wrote:
I surprised Devin is the one posting this I have yet to see him ever attempt to RP.
Well it takes two to tango, Django.

Spoiler:

Anyway, normally my RP mannerism is to run away aaaaaaa people I don't know.

Back to top Go down
Ziggylata
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:10 pm

DarkD0GHD wrote:
Dear everyone,
snip snip snip snip
You need some popcorn.

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Well, at least we can stop admins from having developer mode without us knowing.
But that doesn't really stop them from giving themselves 1248123018231240981230 HP and 2148182301248091428123801293012 armor.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:43 pm

And Fist Punchers
Back to top Go down
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Good to know you guys think we cheat all the time.

Even if we did give ourselves that much health, it resets back to 100 or 150 after a few seconds.

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Oi I never said you did, just you have the capacity to do so. Escpecially with the godfist thing that I somehow get caught in and XxNuBsL3rxX takes whatever's there in the next three seconds because they've been shadowing me for ages.
Back to top Go down
:F|F: Arisen Demon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:56 pm

The lack of rp is quitr astounding.

View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:04 pm

^Agreed. I got on for the first time in a few weeks and people were basically but fucking each other in spawn..

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:05 pm

But... but buttsexcks is best secks. :c
Back to top Go down
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:42 pm

When I first got on the server I role played as a dung beetle... I proceeded to find a makeshift engine and become a officer in the Legion >.>

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Lol Ive been on more frequently, I have been moderating RDm cases, and I usually leave them with a warning unless I get a second report, then I ban for a day or three. Other than that i have been trying to Rp but the people i normally Rp with are not regulars (Veronica,Gnomp, etc.)

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server   

Back to top Go down

Complaints And Large Lack Of RP On The Server
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: