HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Dem PAC blues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:36 am

So, recently I have been attempting to learn how to use PAC editor with the help of Chess, and I finally understand how to open the Model files and export them and shiz, except I couldn't do it on my computer. So I figured hmmmm let's try that design computer at school and I get the same error about an .mdl signature mismatch, either I'm doing something wrong or it's just borked for me. I'm using Crafty and VTFEdit gotten from
https://github.com/CapsAdmin/pac3/wiki/Converting-source-models
And converting the workshop files with GMAD gotten at http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1173875
Please halp!

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Use gmad to export the workshop addon to a new folder. Mine is on my desktop. Then open object viewer and vtfedit. Open the files in the respective programs. Once you export them, you're going to need to export object as .obj files and materials as jpeg files. Then upload them to dropbox and right click on the "download" button and click "copy link address" and paste it in the correct bar in the pac3 editor.

That's how I do it, and I've never had any problems.

Ban

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:28 pm

But you see..... Chess showed me how to do all that, but I still get an error whenever I do it, as in I can't even open up model in crafty or the material in VTFEdit, I just get one of dem windows errors, sorry...... anyone know if maybe I'm using the wrong version?

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:19 pm

You extracted it wrong then.

Ban

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Well, Chess did it the same way he has always done it and it didn't work ;/ Idk.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Don't extract from the .rar file, get the folder with said model/texture, put it on your desktop and do your work from there.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:12 pm

I did >.<
I extracted the .GMA file
then I try to open the models in object viewer and poop, windows error

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:35 pm

oh from workshop
what does the error say?

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:54 pm

It says .mdl signature mismatch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:36 pm

What GMAD extractor are you using? This could be the problem, as some didn't work at all for me.

And also, have you ported any other sort of custom model?

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:42 pm

THe one in my first post and no I havn't

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:48 pm

derp

Anyhow, that GMAD extractor didn't work for me, so I'd recommend a different one.
Learn to port one from Gmod.org so you can learn to port one regularly.

Or it could do with the model itself, it may be borked or something.

Can I see what addon you're trying to port?

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:19 am

I tried porting the pac items pack and it didn't work..... so I should get a new Gmad extractor? and if so from where should I get it?
UPDATE: Alright got a new Gmad extractor and it works....... so what do i do with the obj and jpeg files after I put em on drop box, cus atm I enter the link and the model is invisible

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Dem PAC blues   Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Right click on said obj. file and jpeg. file, click on share link, and after you did that, find the download button, right click and hit copy link location. Now paste said obj. or jpeg. file into where ever it needs to go.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dem PAC blues
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1