Share | 

PNRP Update: Epic new map!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: PNRP Update: Epic new map!   Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:01 am

So after a lot of messing with files, compressing thins and re-paking the map over 12 different times I finally got this map to work! Now this map is a Stalker RP map, and characteristic of practically all Stalker RP maps, the things is packed to the brim with custom content. The entirety of the file for the map amounts to over 500MB in fact. So I had quite a few obstacles to get around while setting up this map. First I had to find all the content the map uses as to avoid any missing textures or ref flashing errors, next I had to pak it, but I learned that the map file was way to big when fully paked, so I separated half of the textures and uploaded them to the workshop. When we are on the new map, you will be forced to download this on connect, but it shouldn't take too long.

Now about the map, the map is SRP_DarkDolina_v3_p12 and it's amazing. I don't want to spoil it for you, but know that it is well optimized, it is very large and it is very atmospheric.

If you have any issues downloading the map or the content while connecting (you really shouldn't unless steam breaks the workshop) first try restarting gmod, if that doesn't work you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/glmznl06mpiz4nx/darkdolina.zip -- link fixed

Unzip the file and move the folder named "darkdolina" in too
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: PNRP Update: Epic new map!   Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Wait... I played this map before on singleplayer, and I couldn't find any water on it.
However, I didn't explore all of the underground c:

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: PNRP Update: Epic new map!   Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Look at the bar sink, you can drink from it.

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: PNRP Update: Epic new map!   Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Oh, oh, I just learned on the TS that there were sinks.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: PNRP Update: Epic new map!   Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:31 am

I love this map alot, but running to all those invisble props and buildings in the basic warfare type of the server is deadly

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: PNRP Update: Epic new map!   Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:22 am

Yeah.. that issues did not become apparent to me until I actually played on it for longer than an hour. Apparently it's just an issue that happens and there's not much we can do about it. If anyone finds a fix I'll see if I can apply it. For now make sure that if this happens to you, instead of reconnecting, just restart the game. Reconnecting just forestalls the problem a bit, but a full restart should make it take a lot longer to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

PNRP Update: Epic new map!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1