HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

**[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should ValidTarget receive a permanent ban, or a one week ban?
Pemanently.
40%
 40% [ 10 ]
Only one week.
60%
 60% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:08 am

Server:PostNukeRp

Your SteamID:STEAM_0:0:29503638
Your RP Name: Gunnery Sergeant Edwards (Atm Heister)
(Only required for PostnukeRP)

Date of incident:Today..... well around today since time JUST changed
Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): 12 at night
Time Zone: Central

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: Alright so I walk in the bar and see what I think is Bacon being interrogated (learning after I was banned it wasnt him) so I prepare to break him free when Marcel offers us to come watch the execution, after preparing myself mentally I walk out grab a nade and yell raid ( they did have a keypad door and I did have an rp reason to do this ) throw the nade, kill one guy that comes out (Duncan) then proceed to shoot Fox that charges at me godmode ablazing with claws which honestly I might make a seperate report for since he had no reason to have it on in the first place especially not when they are about to execute a man which some people may not be to happy they are doing. So I proceed to ignore him after putting 2 clips of XM8 point blank into him with fire round and turn to austin who had just come out and get gunned down by whoever came out next as I was checking his case. I then get yelled at flustered and banned for 3 days. Furthermore this was a legitimate raid and I dont believe I broke any rules, I was talking to Bacon prior about breaking him out and was honestly reallly confused when he told me it wasnt him. I thought he had rped getting kidnapped and come back as the kidnapper. Since I didnt see his sexy stripper alter ego there I assumed it was him.

If you have any evidence to support this report, please give it here: MEssages with Bacon if he will allow me to post them and the logs which should show both Fox and me yelling raid. People may be pissed about this, but it was a raid, people get pissed about em especially when there are alot of people like there was. I don't see how Fox couldn't have had godmode on as no sane man would risk claws charging at a gunmen, even if you are a full armored wastelander (he was a cultivator) unless you are really good at running stabbing and spamming medkits.

*edit* Forgot to mention when Austin stopped my heli in mid air and made us crash..... no really related, but a dick move.Figured I might as well put it in here rather than making another topic.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:56 am

Why would you EVER fight Marcel Stone?!
this is all i have to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:02 am

I'm not going to claim this, seeing as I was the admin who banned you, but nonetheless, you were raiding in a public base (where people were being let in for free, mind you) and you threw a grenade into a group of around 12-14 people THAT DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO YOU. Both of those are against the rules. You know better than this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:29 am

before anyone says "I dont see that in the rules." or "I didn't know that."

Postnuke-Rules-Murder:"Random DeathMatch, or RDM, is when you kill another player for no reason. This is not allowed; players must have a legitimate reason to kill someone."
12-14 people "THAT DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO YOU." Killed by your Grenade.

Postnuke-Rules-Basing-(Not yet Entered)Common knowledge- Public bases Can not be raided and will count as RDM.
The base which you called raid on.

Usual Punishment of Mass RDM is a 1 Week Ban - Permanent Ban

You have been banned for 3 days, its like a slap on the wrist compared to the things you could have gotten as a punishment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:40 am

Fox was apparently almost dead according to some of the scientists who where there.. who you didn't kill. Also it doesn't matter, you can't do that to safe zones, a public outpost and water source is one that allows anyone to come in, whether it be by charge or free entry. Also, you shouldn't of made a stupid assumption which lead to the death of 15 people in the middle of a Serious Roleplay Situation. You ruined what a day's worth of role play lead up too in a second with a completely retarded blunder. And then you dare accuse one of my staff members of attacking you with godmode and threaten to report him when even if he was in dev mode, it would of been okay because he was dealing with a rule breaker, which would be you. Another stupid blunder, two in a row. Nice going. We'll see what the vote says and leave it to the community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:44 am

Notice: Admins are not allowed to vote in this poll.

You have been suspended for 3 days while the poll is active.

Back to top Go down
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:34 am

There was a textscreen on the front of the "base" saying entry costs 2 chems or something of that nature
And I believe the reason Austin stopped your heli mid flight was due to the chat console was putting out saying to stop flying your heli's because it is loud as fuck and no one can hear jack shit. I'm sure console said it in a much nice format.

Speaking from what I had seen from the building.

*edit* Also I would like to say this, you're saying that it was okay for him to be in dev mode because it was an admin situation but he was using it to kill him? that doesn't make logical sense to me I would think he would use his magical phys gun to grab him and move him away from the area then talk to him and what he did wrong instead of charging him with claws with dev mode on, I dont think any admin should have any reason to kill someone with any weapon while dev mode is on, you have a whole list of commands to choose from and I'm pretty sure grabbing him with a phys gun restricts him from shooting, and when an admin grabs you I doubt he would continue to shoot because he would realize he had done wrong and now its an admin situation.(My opinion on the dev mode shit)
(And I'm confuzzled you want the community to decide meaning only players not admins?)

Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:18 am

I agree with Rittz, I think that admins should use their physgun to deal with situations like this, but what's done is done.

And yes Rittz, we're letting the community decide ValidTarget's fate on the server.

Back to top Go down
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:30 am

My arguement is that there's little to no administration on the server. I mean yes you see rebecca or alaska on from time to time, duncan derps around and beste is only a mod, i'm usually on but i've been in active due to some other work i'm having to do, but really this is the type of stuff that will happen when the players are left to themselves and one can't really expect every major player to follow the rules when there's no enforcement. As far as my opinion I would say riktov did dun goof and should take a little break for a week, but really I can't blame him for screwing off. Riktov is a decent player who's constantly on the server so I would hate to agree with banning a regular contributor.

TIS THE WORD OF CAEN! AHAHEHEHHEHEHE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:37 am

There were 5 admins on at the time and the entire server was Rping. Not the time, Blank. -_-

Back to top Go down
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:38 am

5 Admins on? When does that ever happen! c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:40 am

Y'all had a locked keypad door .-. making it raidable, eve though i dont need a reason for a raid, I had one........

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:45 am

Validtarget wrote:
Y'all had a locked keypad door .-. making it raidable, eve though i dont need a reason for a raid, I had one........

That's beside the point you killed people in a public safeland outpost. It's against the rules to do anything hostile in that area, regardless if there's a perfectly raidable base.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:48 am

They were alll behind said locked door
*EDIT* Let's say it was a safe zone........ why have a keypadded door? Why charge people to get in
Nobody would be at the door during this rp scenario and plus I didn't agree with the methods of making people pay to enter a locked off safe zone.
it was like a VIP club for anyone that could afford it till I payed for everyone one the server. ( Yeah I did ) And then having that keypad door regardless makes it a base, if it was a button door you would be fine but it was a keypad door that you can't get through unless you A: pay the guy B: crack it C: Say I already payed for you, and if noone was there you were forced to either leave or keypad crack and then get shot for just trying to get in the safe zone.
If you want to have a safe zone make it accessible to everybody at any time not just when someone is there and can afford it. Certain bandits can have a problem with that, especially when there are people in there about to execute (what I though was Bacon) and I feel kind of pushed down knowing that if it was bacon I wouldn't have been able to save him....... cus rp was going on.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:46 pm

I agree with blank in a 1 week break I don't think he deserves a perm ban for an honest mistake

I would also like to say this I can honestly say that I didn't see anyone get charged for entry I was let in for free the 3 times I went in even though it was locked with a keypad, I will also say I didnt stand at the door and listen to them to see if they were charging others.
I will admit it was the most RP I think I have ever seen everyone contribute and was a good deal of fun with the admins running the bar and throwing people out I enjoyed it, Hell even Bacon was RPing and that's the rarest thing of all! It was kind of a buzzkill when the one time everyone was RPing and having fun it got ruined by someone deciding to call raid

Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Because I payed for them....... Because I didn't think it fair to charge new guys or anyone in general to enter a LOCKED DOOR into a safe zone

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:53 pm

In what world would you call raid to save a person? to me that makes no RP sense, and Bacon was RPing as a dirty hooker, why would you want to save a dirty hooker, and from what I saw they and you were thrown out due to disturbing the atmosphere inside the bar and were told to leave for 15 mins just like I was ( My reason was cause I was drunk and was throwing shit at the dirty hooker c: so I was removed from the bar like a good RP situation)

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Only three people died from the whole thing. The 'gangstah' guy they had captive, some other poor fellow (Probably Duncan) and Austin Rock. And at that moment and time, I can remember around only eleven people being in the room. Me, Marcel, Austin, Duncan, the Ganstah guy, Chess, Jeff, Fox, Alaska, Devin, and Phil.

Raiding the place would have been perfectly logical.... Yes. If you were going for the water and you believed that the people in the room would be a threat, OR if you were a hitman hired by the 'gangstah' guys who didn't die or hid elsewhere. Austin and Marcel killed Devin and Phil while they were role playing defending the stripper... Oh God, so much CS: GO. Anyways, Austin and Marcel had a GOOD reason to 'RDM' Devin and Phil, Valid WOULD have, if he had been a surviving gangster, or a hitman. But he had not been one.

The funny thing is, I was originally 'RPing' as a 'Mildly Creepy Male Stripper', I can't believe that the whole shenanigans role play turned into someone getting banned...

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:37 pm

But they had a locked keypadded door, I don't think it counts as a safe zone if you have to either be let in or guess the code, even if they were rping I still don't see how this was a illegitimate raid. As a matter of fact they even had the bar door closed and owned till Marcel invited us back there.

*EDIT* and if Fox was randomly in dev mode you wouldn't want to know James? I think it is a pretty big deal for admins to be in dev mode randomly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:27 pm

He wasn't randomly in dev mode, he took damage and somehow survived, players and witnesses can confirm this, so bringing that up won't help.

As for the actual ban I'm not allowed to vote, but the raiding rules are a little shaky and I believe he should get a hard slap on the wrist, not removal from the community. Just make sure that somewhere is not public, and if it's private and their are still people not involved, make sure to wait for them to leave before raiding.

Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:10 pm

How long will this poll last? And if it only is for a week does the time I have already been banned come into effect or will it be a week and one day?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterskull2

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Does what he did really worthy of banning him from a server that he has spent countless hours on? I feel personally that what he did disrupted some serious RPing and he should be punished in one why or another, but not permanent banning from the server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Chess: Screenshot this steam and say I'm for it.
Validtarget: It just tilted in my favor again
Chess: Staying.
Validtarget: Alright
Chess: Againts
Chess: Against. Not for. I am against the perma of validtarget.
Validtarget: Actually.... you have internet right?
Validtarget: Youn can still get on forums
Chess: On my phone.
Validtarget: Mhm
Chess: I'm about to go to work..
Validtarget: Alright
Validtarget: Hopefully someone adds a vote for this >.<
Someone wanna add CHess for me? He's on a phone and can't vote
I would like to bring up a situation that happened earlier that day........ I had been running a bar with some other people and had my door locked..... not in the same way they did but similar, so Baracus raided the door and gets away with it scott free, Duncan said what he did was completely in the rulles..... so Why when I do it to an admin do I get banned? I truly believed what I did was completely legitimate and did not knowingly or purposefully break any rules because that happened, DUncan can confirm it or you can chat admin and ooc chat from earlier that day as well, Duncan didn't do shit to resolve it, not to put him under the bus but because of that incident I thought I could do the same thing..... but no because it was an admin (in a raider faction at that) it was against the rules..... Im gonna pull up a conversation with mr. frank right quick as we both make valid points
CostelloGameing™: Its funny i feel like the deciding vote Wink
CostelloGameing™: I voted no perma
Validtarget: :3
CostelloGameing™: Dont see why not
Validtarget: You probably are the deciding vote
CostelloGameing™: It was ran by a raider
CostelloGameing™: I had to pay to get in
CostelloGameing™: You ran in and fucked everyone basing there
Validtarget: Go ahead and post that opiong?
Validtarget: No one seems to give a shit about mine at this point
Validtarget: YOU WERE RUINING ARPEE
CostelloGameing™: ARRPEEEE
Validtarget: Messages Im getting all day
CostelloGameing™: Really hate?
CostelloGameing™: Wow like such 5 year olods
Validtarget: Mhm since when has anyone on the server liked me?
Validtarget: Fuck I even got into a war with Monroe for hunting down guys that shot up James bar
CostelloGameing™: I'll try and make you a bot that says "Did you have a huge glass of hate'o'raid today?
Validtarget: And I got shot by James cus he was on their side
Validtarget: xD
Validtarget: But it seems like it's in my favor again
CostelloGameing™: I've been trying to script a bot for like ever
CostelloGameing™: they are sort of
CostelloGameing™: The most things i've read
Validtarget: Hmm
Validtarget: Still post that opinion on there
Validtarget: Maybe somebody other than me can put sense into them
Validtarget: Anything I say will probaly make it worse for me cus the half of the community hates me
Validtarget: While everyone else seems to love me
CostelloGameing™: See.... this is what i dont get
Validtarget: So....
Validtarget: Shoot
CostelloGameing™: Before you say anymroe
Validtarget: Go ahead
CostelloGameing™: This is A seious rp server right
CostelloGameing™: And....
CostelloGameing™: You did have a reason to raid them
CostelloGameing™: The people in there were going to get fucked if they got caught in the cross fire
CostelloGameing™: Soooooo
Validtarget: Not to mention they had 2 locked doors as well
CostelloGameing™: Its not like they had to avoid it
CostelloGameing™: They are aloud to get killed
CostelloGameing™: If they are in a place during war
CostelloGameing™: /RAID
CostelloGameing™: So
CostelloGameing™: I think that this whole thing is a stupid fucking arguement
CostelloGameing™: And that its serious no one could prevent you raiding it there was a locked dooor with a keypad
CostelloGameing™: People in there were going to kill you
CostelloGameing™: silent raid or raid doesnt change the situatuion either
Validtarget: Mhm...
CostelloGameing™: Its not like if someone in real life were robbing a bank
Validtarget: Yes
Validtarget: They didn't even lose anything
Validtarget: I killed 3 people
Validtarget: They were all mods
Validtarget: /admoons
Validtarget: /founders.......
Validtarget: You get the point
CostelloGameing™: They got pissssed
Validtarget: i was pissed after I shot fox with 2 clips and he didnt die yet the wastelander I shot died after 7 bullets.... but no he didn't have godmode
Validtarget: This is why we need flash grenades
Validtarget: That way I dont have to hurt everyone
Validtarget: I can take out select people let my guy out and ditch within a blink of an eye
Validtarget: And no on gets hurt
CostelloGameing™: Or a FLASH OF AN EYE
Validtarget: except the people that deserver it
CostelloGameing™: Ohhhhh
CostelloGameing™: right
Validtarget: But yeah..... even if they wanna say it wasnt a legitimate rp reason... they had 2 locked doors
Validtarget: Making it raidable
CostelloGameing™: riight
Validtarget: You shouldn't put a keypad on a safezone
Validtarget: But no because a founder made it, suddenly I did something wrong
Validtarget: yet 0 shits are given when Baracus raids my bar
CostelloGameing™ is now playing Garry's Mod. Click here to join.
Validtarget: Only if it happens to an admin is it against the rules

Last edited by Validtarget on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:36 pm

@masterskull, it's more of a cumulative thing.

Back to top Go down
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: **[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget   Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:33 pm

And I didnt know a safe zone was where you tortured people in the back room and then brought everyone back there to witness you murder him, and order them to disrepect him, and hold everyone you brought back there at gun point against a wall unless they wanted to leave.... like I did, is that really a "safe" zone? Doesn't sound so safe to me

Back to top Go down
View user profile

**[POLL]** Ban Appeal- Validtarget
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next